Welcome to the APBWeb.
    MiK
    MiK is offline Officer First Class

All about you, what drew you into the job?

I just wanted to find out from all the LEO's and all the soon to be LEO's, have you always wanted to be a Police Officer? Was it a long life dream of your's? And most of all why did you become a Police Officer/ LEO?

Myself, I have to admit I haven't wanted to become a Police Officer my whole life, sure at a young age I used to draw Police cars and make police sounds, but over the last two years I have for some unknown reason been drawn towards the job, don't get me wrong it wasn't a split second decision, but it has taken me a few years to figure out that it really is what I want to do in life, and nothing else interests me, I like to help people and I to it frequently; volunteering.

I get a lot of people asking me why I just don't stick to Programming and web design which I have learned at tafe over the past four years, but the truth is it just doesn't interest me, I am good at it and that is why I am doing it at the moment, until next year when I hope to do Criminal Justice at uni.

So why have you decided to become a LEO or currently deciding to become a LEO? Was it a long life Dream?
    Never Argue With Idoits. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, And Beat You With Experience.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Mine was something I always knew I was supposed to do. A life long desire. It's probably a combination of life events that put me where I am today. To lengthly and complicated to put in one place. Let's just say I had direction.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Through High School and up until 2 months before I left for college I wanted to be a Paramedic. My senior year in High School I dual enrolled at the community college and went through the EMT-B course.

I eventually realized that I liked what I was doing in EMS but I could never do it for the rest of my life. The passion for the job really wasn't there. Plus I was always getting in trouble for caring too much about why things happened, and what happened after we left the scene.

I was a police explorer with the local sheriff office and one day my advisor asked me why I wasn't going to try out LE over EMS, he said that he could really see how much I loved being around this stuff and learning about it. I took his words and changed universities/majors at pretty much the last minute.

I head to the academy next year and will graduate May 09 with my bachelors in CJ. Then it's off to hopefully pursue a dream and goal.
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

Tony is offline Banned
    All those Crawford TV shows, like Division 4, Matlock Police and Homicide did my head in.

I wanted to wear a pork pie hat like Gerard Kennedy aka Det. Frank Banner.

Tuff is offline Redneckwannabepopo
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    A life long desire. It's probably a combination of life events that put me where I am today. To lengthly and complicated to put in one place. Let's just say I had direction.

Sums it up for me also.......
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=197722498

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    In High School I was in the marching band (drumline, to be more specific) and I loved the discipline, uniformity, and dedication it took. I also realized that I was strongly interested in law enforcement, as I would always stare at what the police were doing when I drove by. I think a combination of these two things made me realize that I really wanted to be a cop. I attended a "Trooper Youth Week" program a couple months later and it confirmed that L.E.'s for me!
    Calm Like A Bomb...

ďA pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.Ē
    -Winston Churchill

The Lostralian is offline Fighting the battle
    I never really knew what I wanted to be when I grow up. My family wanted me to be a doctor, I didn't. In my senior yr of highschool I decided to enroll in the fire academy. I passed everything they threw at me and I graduated. My dept. hired me and I earned my badge with pride and respect, I treated it as if it was my own heart. Then later in the process I noticed how stressful it is to be dealing with being the only girl in my dept. and it just brought drama. Had a little fallin out with my captain and I quit.

Then my decision as a police officer came and I realized that I'll be a better person as a police officer than I ever was as a firefighter. I want to be a police officer to be able to give back to the community and give the teens that were pulled under the spell of peer pressure to do drugs, and join gangs a chance to see the light. I'm going to give more than i ever did as a police officer than I was a firefighter. Our police academy starts in January.
    Future Detective of The S.P.D
    Pride Integrity Gratitude

213th is offline Solipsist
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    While I am not a police officer, I do have a desire to be one after my service commitment. This stems from having 5 family members who are current or former law enforcment officers, having combined 60+ years on the force. Hopefully I can carry on this proud legacy.
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Deputy2400 is offline Professional Rights Advisor
    the great hours
    If you run from me...you'll just go to jail tired!

Thread Information