Welcome to the APBWeb.

View Poll Results: Have you ever gone hunting?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I've gone hunting

46 71.88%
  • No, I've never gone hunting

18 28.13%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you hunt?

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Do you hunt?

Do you hunt? If so, what kinds of animals do you hunt? How often do you hunt, and how long does it take to finish eating what you kill?

As you can probably guess, I've never gone hunting for anything larger than easter eggs.

Jackalope is offline Yell O
    I've never hunted anything besides nutria, which is not real hunting. I'd like to go hunting, but it's not the kind of thing you can just go do without knowing how. I need to make some friends that hunt.
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

Elle is offline Banned
    My parents started taking us kids hunting at a young age. We mainly hunt deer. My dad will hunt antelope, turkey, geese, and duck though. I've never really thought about how long it takes for us to eat all of the meat. Dad's told me once that when I was little and he was cleaning a deer he gave the liver to my sister and I threw a fit because I wasn't getting to hold anything, so he gave me the heart. I stood there and had fun poking my fingers into it.

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    I hunt, Animals I have killed to eat would be....Deer, ducks, geese, pheasants. To eat a whole deer would take awhile. Ducks,geese pheasants take from the time it takes to field dress them to get them on the table. Deer you make into steak, burgers, basically anything you want. I have killed other animals for not eating reasons. Animals included would be coons, skunks, coyotes, cats ect.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    I come from a family of hunters, never did myself. My Grandmother was a crack shot.

I grew up wearing orange during hunting season, and was raised on the old-fashioned hunting ethic. Don't shoot unless you have a kill shot, and if you miss, track the animal to kill it humanely.

And it's to put food on the table, not for a trophy.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Elle is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PDawg View Post

Don't shoot unless you have a kill shot, and if you miss, track the animal to kill it humanely.

And it's to put food on the table, not for a trophy.
    I can't stand watching hunting shows for this reason, it's just for the trophy in my opinion, they never say what happens to the meat. I assume the person who made the kill either takes it home or donates it?

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Elle View Post
    I can't stand watching hunting shows for this reason, it's just for the trophy in my opinion, they never say what happens to the meat. I assume the person who made the kill either takes it home or donates it?
    I would hope so!

It's like poaching for racks/tenderloins vs poaching to feed your family.

One you can sympathize with, the other just pisses you off!
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

zap
    zap is offline yeahrightsurewhatever
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Elle View Post

there are MANY organizations that will facilitate hunters donating meat that they do not want/need.

I have been a hunter since 9 years old....and a nuisance animal trapper for about 20 years.

Further....nothing goes to waste in nature...it is the way things work out. If I didn't eat what I killed....some animal or bird would.
    Stupidity Recognition Technician

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Haven't gone for years and I sort of doubt I will again. Used to though, really enjoyed walking through the woods listening to grandpa telling stories more than the rest of it.

ipso608 is offline S W A M P M A F I A !
    Hunt every season. Deer, rabbit, squirrell, duck, and (gator just not as much as in the past with my uncle.)
    "People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours!"

" A Society That Wages A War Against Its' Police, Had Better Learn To Make Friends With Its' Criminals."

www.myspace.com/bufordhebert

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I love deer hunting, and as said by someone above, I dont take a shot unless it's a good one, very humane. I had a Rem 700 .308 customized just so that I know when I pull the trigger, it's gonna hit where I want it to.
    I love squirell hunting too.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

213th is offline Solipsist
    I think approximately 85-90% of Alaska's population relies on subsistence hunting and fishing to some extent to feed their families.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Do you hunt?
    Yes
    If so, what kinds of animals do you hunt?
    legal and edible ones
    How often do you hunt,
    when ever there is a legal season and time to do it
    and how long does it take to finish eating what you kill?
    depends on how big it is
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Tony is offline Banned
    I hunt dastardly dirty drivers who drink, the occasional driver on the phone, a flock of stupid speeders and if its wabbit season, well . . .

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I hunt criminals. They're a savage bunch. Very dangerous in their natural habitat. Stupid but lucky at the same time. The good news is it's open season all year long and there is no problem or restriction with a trophy hunt.
    The bad news is its usually catch and release.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Tuff is offline Redneckwannabepopo
    Yes , my whole family hunts...been hunting since I was strong enough to carry my own weapon.. ME the Wife and all three of the kiddo's, matter of fact even my Mom and Dad hunt also...

We hunt everything thats legal to hunt just about... Whitetail deer, hogs, turkey, dove, javi's...just about everything...and we never have a shortage of meat in the freezer "ALL NATURAL"..

IF you have time check out the hunting show that me and my wife film for.. "Bowhunting North America" its currently airing on "The Sportsman Channel"..
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=197722498

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    I grew up in New Jersey, the only thing to hunt were rats. Seriously though never been hunting in my life and have no desire to ever do so.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO
    I've been hunting a few times. I get excited about it for about 30 minutes. The rest of the time I am bored. Some of my friends say it is very relaxing to be in the woods. I guess I just get bored easily. I've killed squirrel and ate it...terrible! yuk!. I've been deer hunting and turkey hunting , but never saw any.

Ianl6 is offline Dreamboy First Class
    I have never been hunting but have allways wanted to be able to but in England i guess we dont have the places or the larger animals to hunt.At least where i live we dont but who knows maybe one day i will get lucky.
    Public conscience message board
    post on a board with a heart.

http://dreamboyuk52.proboards60.com/index.cgi

iso607 is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    I hunt every day that I am off during the hunting season. Mostly deer, squirrel and an occasional rabbit or coon. As far as how long the meat last, that depends on how many I kill that year. Usually all the meat is gone before the next season. I have family that don't hunt but love to eat so that is never a problem.

SaraJ is offline Banned
    My hunting was limited to coyotes. I lived on a ranch and we had to keep the criters in check or they would raid the hen house and eat my chickens.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information