Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Fire

213th is offline Solipsist

Fire

I just ran a fire call today. It was a bit sad, I got there in the engine right behind the base fire truck, both of us had 2,000 gallons on board. Tri-Valley got there, with 2,000 gallons, but alas, it is -45 degrees outside, and every single pump was frozen solid. One engine got it running, but 2,000 gallons on a fully involved structure fire isn't much. We broke out the portable tank, and started dumping the water out of the chute in back, which fortuantly wasn't frozen at all, but by then the house was gone, we tried to save the garage, but it burnt to the ground to.

And then the medic thought that my face was frostbitten, and sent me back to base. Unfortunatly, the physicians assistant made the proper notifications that I was admitted, so now my whole unit thinks I got frostbitten. Well, I didn't, according to the PA, but knowing how back office works I'll get an ass chewing for getting frostbitten, even though that wasn't the case. *shrugs*
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Thats just how it works sometimes. Are you on a volunteer department or is this your fill time job?
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Quote Originally Posted by chris2001
    Thats just how it works sometimes. Are you on a volunteer department or is this your fill time job?
    I volunteer.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Ok, well just curious I mean most firehouses that I know of store the trucks inside so that they stay warm.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Quote Originally Posted by chris2001
    Ok, well just curious I mean most firehouses that I know of store the trucks inside so that they stay warm.
    we do. But a 20 minute drive in -45 degrees freezes the water in the pump. The main tank didn't freeze, thats why were able to open the chute in the rear, the mass dump chute, and pour it into a portable tank, which incidently is a frozen chunk of ice...

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Damn Alaska

Thread Information