Results 1 to 6 of 6
Thread: New Sensitive language
08-16-07, 05:49 AM #1
New Sensitive language
I was bored and doing some research of languages for some odd reason and came across this from a college site. I think its total BS and thats about it http://www.unc.edu/depts/wcweb/handouts/gender.html Then I found this site http://www.randomhouse.com/words/lan...oid_guide.html
I its just all strange to me, why do we have to scew our words for the super sensitive... Grow some thick skin people or sit in your closet and cry...I will not conform to your ways
08-16-07, 10:09 AM #2
I especially like how the first one tells you to use improper grammar by using "they" when referring to a single individual...Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
08-16-07, 04:42 PM #3
I couldn't get the Random House page to come up. But as for the gender sensative, I agree, get some thicker skin. I am so tired of having to be careful of what I say so I don't insult anyone. Unless I am being derogatory or insulting to you directly, lighten up, get a sense of humor.
08-16-07, 05:30 PM #4
This made me remember this, glad I save stuff.
1) TRY SAYING: I think you could use more training.
INSTEAD OF: You don't know what the fuck you're doing.
2) TRY SAYING: She's an aggressive go-getter.
INSTEAD OF: She's a ball-busting bitch.
3) TRY SAYING: Perhaps I can work late in planning.
INSTEAD OF: And when the fuck do you expect me to do this?
4) TRY SAYING: I'm certain that mission isn't feasible.
INSTEAD OF: No fucking way.
5) TRY SAYING: Really?
INSTEAD OF: You've got to be shitting me!
6) TRY SAYING: Perhaps you should check with...
INSTEAD OF: Tell someone who gives a shit.
7) TRY SAYING: I wasn't involved in the project.
INSTEAD OF: It's not my fucking problem.
8) TRY SAYING: That's interesting.
INSTEAD OF: What the fuck?
9) TRY SAYING: I'm not sure this can be implemented.
INSTEAD OF: This shit won't work.
10) TRY SAYING: I'll try to schedule that.
INSTEAD OF: Why the hell didn't you tell me sooner?
11) TRY SAYING: He's not familiar with the concept.
INSTEAD OF: He's got his head up his ass.
12) TRY SAYING: Excuse me, sir?
INSTEAD OF: Eat shit and die.
13) TRY SAYING: So you weren't happy with it?
INSTEAD OF: Kiss my ass.
14) TRY SAYING: I'm a bit overloaded at the moment.
INSTEAD OF: Fuck it, I'm only a Staff Sergeant.
15) TRY SAYING: I don't think you understand.
INSTEAD OF: Shove it up your ass.
16) TRY SAYING: I love a challenge.
INSTEAD OF: This mission sucks.
17) TRY SAYING: You want me to take care of that?
INSTEAD OF: Who the hell died and made you HM?
18) TRY SAYING: I see.
INSTEAD OF: Blow me.
19) TRY SAYING: He's somewhat insensitive.
INSTEAD OF: He's a prick.
08-16-07, 06:19 PM #5Banned
- Join Date
- Aguascalients, Mexico
- Rep Power
Wow. Gender correct. How am I supposed to remember all those 'in place of's'?
08-16-07, 11:33 PM #6Future Detective of The S.P.DPride Integrity Gratitude
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)