Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    nsb22 is offline Crazilicious

I think my wife is against me!

I told her that how I eat and what I eat will be changing drastically effective today. So what does she do this weekend? She buys junk food and makes cookies and buys a bunch of those 100 calorie snack packs that I LOVE but are now on my forbidden list.

I swear she likes me out of shape and unhealthy.

Maybe she's just testing my willpower!

That being said, yesterday my weight was 238. My goal is 180 with a time frame of 7 months. Sundays will be my cheat days, which is good because that is usully when we all go to Mom's for a home cooked meal!

Monday: Chest/triceps and Cardio
    Tuesday: High intensity cardio
    Wednesday: Legs and abs
    Thursday: High intensity cardio
    Friday: Arms/back and cardio
    Saturday: More cardio
    Sunday: Off

I just can't wait 'til she complains about all this!

Have a good day!

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
    -- Ambrose Redmoon

The views and postings of NSB22 are in no way shared or supported by NSB22's employers.

lynnz05 is offline Corporal
    She just knows that now that you won't be eating it there will be more for her
    What I say is my opinion, not my employers or that of my academic institution.

Pretty Boring Civi is offline Officer First Class
    Good luck reaching your goal.

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO
    "...sucking down quarter pounder cheeseburgers from McDonald's in the old-fashioned non- biodegradable Styrofoam containers!"

That's great, nsb22, but you may want to change your signature line.

All kidding aside, good luck to you. If you haven't been doing your workout schedule very long, you may not want to do too much too soon. You may burn out and want to quit. I have a tendency to want to do more and more until I either get injured or do too much and stop. Then I have to start over.
    Again, stay focused and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy2202 View Post
    "...sucking down quarter pounder cheeseburgers from McDonald's in the old-fashioned non- biodegradable Styrofoam containers!"

That's great, nsb22, but you may want to change your signature line.
    Thank you. I'll be starting off slow. Three excercises per body part and then twenty minutes of cardio after that and on my cardio days it will be 38 minutes which gets me to about 3 miles on the eliptical.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
    -- Ambrose Redmoon

The views and postings of NSB22 are in no way shared or supported by NSB22's employers.

Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Hi NSB! I see where you've been hiding now :miff:
    BTW, just because it is there, doesn't mean to have to let it get to you.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnz05 View Post
    She just knows that now that you won't be eating it there will be more for her
    Which is funny because she wants to loose weight as well but won't listen to me when I give her suggestions.

-- Ambrose Redmoon

Quote Originally Posted by Pgrl View Post
    Hi NSB! I see where you've been hiding now :miff:
    BTW, just because it is there, doesn't mean to have to let it get to you.
    Wholey carp! You're following me! Good to see you over here!

Yeah, the only thing in that cupboard that I need is the PB, so maybe I'll just move it. :wavey:

-- Ambrose Redmoon

cashton is offline Officer First Class
    I feel ya. My better half is always bringing junk into the house. I can not buy it or eat it when away from home, but when junk food is in the house I have a lot of trouble staying away.

Also, a little cardio tip incase you don't already know, do it first thing when you wake up on an empty stomach. That way you dip into fat stores much faster rather than using food that you have consumed as the emergy source.

I am trying to slim down too. Currently 300ish trying to get down to 250 or less.

mfranklin01 is offline its not vendication...its punishment
    good luck nsb. the only thing you may want to change (if you have the time) is to make your cardio at least 40mins. it makes your body burn fat a whole lot faster because it takes at least 20 mins for your body to start the fat burning process. just my two cents.
    "Be Polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet"

Quote Originally Posted by nsb22 View Post
    Which is funny because she wants to loose weight as well but won't listen to me when I give her suggestions.
    Wives are contractually obligated to not take husbands' suggestions. It's one of the things they taught us girls in the 6th grade, when they separated us from the boys, and we all pinky-swore. They also taught us techniques for remembering every bad thing you've ever done, and the effectiveness of bringing those things up in future arguments to get our way.

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    good luck, brother. the best thing for me was when my wife started jenny craig. no more junk food in the house, but tons of fruits and veggies. i'm down from 225 to 197 with 17 more to go to get to my goal. you've got a tough plan set out for you, but sticking with it will benefit you in numerous ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

SaraJ is offline Banned
    Wives are contractually obligated to not take husbands' suggestions. It's one of the things they taught us girls in the 6th grade, when they separated us from the boys, and we all pinky-swore. They also taught us techniques for remembering every bad thing you've ever done, and the effectiveness of bringing those things up in future arguments to get our way. [/quote]

On the other hand, did they teach you that--once in a while--it's kinda neat to meet your hubby at the door when he comes home in something rreeaallyy sexy with his favorite drink in one hand? Talk about getting your own way. . .!

Quote Originally Posted by SaraJ View Post
    On the other hand, did they teach you that--once in a while--it's kinda neat to meet your hubby at the door when he comes home in something rreeaallyy sexy with his favorite drink in one hand? Talk about getting your own way. . .!
    Hmm, do you think we might be giving away too many of our secrets? I don't want "them" to come and take away my shoe collection.

Tuff is offline Redneckwannabepopo
    Congrats on getting started......you have a hard road ahead of you, but just keep at it and keep working hard, I too would suggest you make your cardio sessions longer, the longer the better...

About 6 months ago I started working out again and when the wife started noticeing changes , THEN she wanted to get on board and start working out also, matter of fact its kinda boring at the GYM without her....
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=197722498

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Thanks all.

I actually LOVE working out/running first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I get such a high from that it's not even funny!

About 4 months ago I was at 250, I was 230 before that but I took a promotion and had to go to nights and ate to stay awake.

Anyways, 4 months ago I quit drinking soda and alcohol and had only water. I have lost 15 pounds just from that which puts me at just under 25% of my goal already.

The reason for the short cardio on the days I lift is I lift pretty hard and fast so I'm hoping that will be enough of a jump start.

Thanks again!

-- Ambrose Redmoon

Deputy2400 is offline Professional Rights Advisor
    Your wife actually goes grocery shopping???? Ill trade ya!
    If you run from me...you'll just go to jail tired!

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Good job on getting started. I LOVE working out once I get in the mode and make in an addiction. 6 years ago I dropped 50+ and was loving it. I got hooked up with my wife, we moved in together, got married, had kids and lost the routine. I've since put on 35. I've tried a couple times to get back into the routine, I do great for about a month and it falls off. One of these days it's gonna stick. Once I'm hard at it's like an addiction and I have to go to the gym or I'm crabby.

nsb, when all else fails tell her that if she keeps interfering with your goals she'll just have to help you with sexcersize. She'll either back off, or you'll end up a happy man!
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Tony is offline Banned
    Good luck . . . sounds like you've got a plan and that's always a good start.

p.s. ~ NO COMMENT on the wife thing, mine's looking over my shoulder!!!!

allykitty84 is offline Officer First Class
    Good Luck!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information