Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Tuff is offline Redneckwannabepopo

Buying a new flashlight????

Which ones should I be looking at???

Right now I'm looking at the Streamlight Stinger, that is rechargable... Any others that are out there that should be considered...
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=197722498

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

kjlaw is offline Swamp Mafia Proud!!!
    Verified LEO
    I am partial to the Streamlight Strion it is smaller than the stinger and I have two that I change out while the other is charging.
    Lead from the front and always remember those who came first.

Capt. Ocativo "OX" Gonzalez
    EOW 6/16/06

Always remember that a casket is hotter than your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Soon the whole world will be in the hands of the Swamp Mafia.

cashton is offline Officer First Class
    We are issued the Stinger XT and it is alright. I would recommend whole heartedly what ever you get it has the on/off on the end cap.

depusm12 is offline Patrolman
    Verified LEO
    Are you looking for an incandescent (Stinger) or a led light? How much are you willing to spend? If your looking at a led I recomend the Pelican 7060 rechargable . I have one and it's what I'm carrying on my duty belt. PM me if your interested and I can give you more information.
    James
    Dept of the Army Civilian Police
    "Loyalty above all else, except Honor"
    Never forget those who fell on 9/11/01
    S&W beats 4 Aces every time

smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO
    I have the strion, XT, and LED.

The strion is great because of its size, but the on/off switch in the tail cap has had to be replaced twice.

The LED is my fav. because of it's brightness, but is useless in a smoke filled room or fog.

The XT is really a back up to my back up light so it doesn't get much use.

I also have the Pelican M6 Lithum light. Not rechargable but its a pretty good light as far as durablility.

Sure Fire also makes a good light but not real sure if they have a rechargable.
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    I have a friend who is a streamlight rep. He hooked me up with a dual switch LED Stinger with a strobe feature. It is kick ass. I suggest the one with the dual switch for different operating options.

The strobe is distracting and annoying as hell... I love it.

"Stupid should hurt."

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    The strobe is distracting and annoying as hell... I love it.
    Yeah tell me about it
    dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass
    Life is to short not to experience Lazy Fed
    ___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-
    O RLY?? YA RLY NO WAI!!!!

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlaw View Post
    I am partial to the Streamlight Strion it is smaller than the stinger and I have two that I change out while the other is charging.
    I don't like the Strion as anything but a backup light... It's small enough to carry on your belt even on dayshift, and it's bright enough -- but I just found that it was too small to tuck under my arm while I'm doing something else. Also, while the momentary switch in the endcap is OK (not great), trying to turn the endcap to get the light to stay on was a pain in the ass.

The Stinger is more practical, in my opinion. (The Strion is nearly or as bright!)

Jim1348 is online now Rookie
    Verified LEO

CPF

If you want to learn even more about lights take a look at CandlePower Forums http://www.candlepowerforums.com/
    There are quite a few cops on there that post information. I just bought a Pelican 7060, so I am partial to that right now.

Thanks for all the info!!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Surefire L7

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I am somewhat of a light freak. I have a Surefire x200A on my duty weapon. I carry a big old SL20 in my vehicle. I am partial to the Surefire E2E Executive. It is my go to light when my big Streamlight SL20 isn't on me. And I carry a backup to my backup on my duty belt...Streamlight Stinger XT. I am less than impressed with it, but it serves its purpose on the rare occasion I use it, when it holds a charge.

I just ordered a Blackhawk Night Ops Gladius off ebay for $150. I am stoked to try out this light. Lithium powered, with a strobe feature, and a dimmable light selection. It retails at over $200, so the price was right.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Dang, ebay never even crossed my mind.......thanks again!!

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    I carry a big old SL20 in my vehicle.
    I really believe you could throw an SL20 out of a car doing 80 on the interstate and the worst that would happen is a broken bulb. Love that light!
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

What about the Inova series of lights???

Ruffy is offline Officer First Class
    Verified C/O
    I roll with my surefire on third shift.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    I am somewhat of a light freak. I have a Surefire x200A on my duty weapon. I carry a big old SL20 in my vehicle. I am partial to the Surefire E2E Executive. It is my go to light when my big Streamlight SL20 isn't on me. And I carry a backup to my backup on my duty belt...Streamlight Stinger XT. I am less than impressed with it, but it serves its purpose on the rare occasion I use it, when it holds a charge.

I just ordered a Blackhawk Night Ops Gladius off ebay for $150. I am stoked to try out this light. Lithium powered, with a strobe feature, and a dimmable light selection. It retails at over $200, so the price was right.

You need to look into the Surefire Dominator. Actually has a warning concerning blinding people. It was very expensive +$350. If my wife hadn't been with me I might have bought it.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

s10ryan is offline Rookie
    im probably gonna get a hard time about this...but i sure do love my mag light!

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by s10ryan View Post
    im probably gonna get a hard time about this...but i sure do love my mag light!
    Don't have one anymore but there's nothing wrong with a Mag that I know of. I once beat a dragging muffler off a car with one. Just broke the bulb.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Whitepaw is offline Student of Life
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    You may want to try Lighthound.com. I bought a Fenix L2D CRE. It is LED that runs on AA batteries. Has 6 functions to include a stobe. I also have 4 Surefires that run on 123 batteries thats in my "Man Purse". On my person, I usually have 2 flashlights. Just in case on goes blank on me.

I have two large rechargeable C size Steamlights in the car. You can't go wrong with the Streamlight, small or big.
    "God Bless America"

"I have no words of wisdom, therefore I listen..."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information