Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Your best on the job moment

Ok folks here's your moment to shine. What has been your most memorable or proudest service on the job? When have you been at your best and how? And don't be modest either.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    well this one really sticks with me to this day.

on duty one night, dispatch advises that squad, and fd are enroute to a full arrest.
    no shit i was like stopped right in front of the fucking house.
    i get out of the cruiser, go to the door, see this lady laying on the floor. i go in, and her son ( roughly 20 yoa) is still on telephone with 911.
    i yell at him to get off the phone, and help me with cpr,
    ( poor kid, to this day i feel terrible making him help me ),
    this lady had no pulse, and was blue. we do CPR, it seemed like forever, squad gets there, her color is coming back, she has a pulse. they transport her to the ER.

because of my heroic actions that night, that poor kid had to sit beside a bed in a hospital for 3 weeks because she was in a coma. we did bring her back, but they also had to pay for her 3 week visit in the intensive care.

This has always stuck with me, and wont leave for some damn reason. one hand says i did a great job, and let the kid and family see there mother for 3 more weeks, the other hand says, i wish she would have just died, and saved the family all of the headaches with all the bills that i incured for them.
    i dont know, i guess its a part of life. sucks though!
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    You know you did the right thing. Preservation of life first then worry about everything else.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    I once arrived at a house fire before the Fire Brigade and found a distressed old lady crying outside. George was still trapped inside! Being the Hero types all us cops are, I enter the house and search for George. I crawl through the place and can find no one. Outside she screams that George was in the Kitchen, so I go back in and still find no one. As I'm on my way out I notice a birdcage, which I grab and take with me. Yes, you guessed it George was the Budgerigar! Taught me to ask a few more questions at incidents!
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    I have no pride anymore (see latest thread by me in the Locker Room).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan 42 View Post
    I once arrived at a house fire before the Fire Brigade and found a distressed old lady crying outside. George was still trapped inside! Being the Hero types all us cops are, I enter the house and search for George. I crawl through the place and can find no one. Outside she screams that George was in the Kitchen, so I go back in and still find no one. As I'm on my way out I notice a birdcage, which I grab and take with me. Yes, you guessed it George was the Budgerigar! Taught me to ask a few more questions at incidents!
    Now you know that old lady can live out her life happy all because of you and a bird. Good job.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    I have no pride anymore (see latest thread by me in the Locker Room).
    And you sir can go find your pride and post it here. I bet these folks would love to see it. As a matter of fact, post all your pictures here. I for one can't wait to see them. Screw those head hunters.

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    I can't say that I have many that really stick out any better than another but I can recall this one:

One night a state trooper and I stopped two vehicles that were racing on the highway. Turns out that they had hit each other a few miles back and were locked in a road rage incident. Both drivers drunk so the trooper and I split it up, each arresting one. Well both later plead guilty and were sentenced. Ten months later I see the girl I arrested at the gym. She recognized me and came over to speak to me. She shook my hand and told me that the night I arrested her I saved her life because she had lost control. I thanked her and we went our separate ways.

It's not often that you get a sincere thank you from someone you arrest, and I doubt I will forget it.

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    One sunny afternoon I was just trawling the side roads at walking speed in a part of London and I heard a child screaming. I listen for a while and my partner said forget it it's just a kid playing. I said, no, I've got kids, that's a 'hurt' scream. I pull up outside a house I think the screams came from and knock the door. After a few minutes a young girl opens the door (which is on a chain) and tells me her parents are at the Synagogue and to call back later. She then tried to close the door, but I had it wedged. I look past her and see a little boy of about 7. He was pouring blood from his hand. I tell her to let me in but she refused, so I kick the door in and enter. They had been playing chase and she had slammed a door behind her, just in time to trap his fingers. 3 of the fingers were all but severed completely. I do the First Aid thing stopping the bleeding etc. and get an Ambulance. The kid was really ill from the blood loss. Just after the Ambulance had taken the boy away, the parents get home. I explain what had happened. They made an Official Complaint about me breaking into their house! You just got to love the public sometimes.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan 42 View Post
    One sunny afternoon I was just trawling the side roads at walking speed in a part of London and I heard a child screaming. I listen for a while and my partner said forget it it's just a kid playing. I said, no, I've got kids, that's a 'hurt' scream. I pull up outside a house I think the screams came from and knock the door. After a few minutes a young girl opens the door (which is on a chain) and tells me her parents are at the Synagogue and to call back later. She then tried to close the door, but I had it wedged. I look past her and see a little boy of about 7. He was pouring blood from his hand. I tell her to let me in but she refused, so I kick the door in and enter. They had been playing chase and she had slammed a door behind her, just in time to trap his fingers. 3 of the fingers were all but severed completely. I do the First Aid thing stopping the bleeding etc. and get an Ambulance. The kid was really ill from the blood loss. Just after the Ambulance had taken the boy away, the parents get home. I explain what had happened. They made an Official Complaint about me breaking into their house! You just got to love the public sometimes.
    To heck with the public God knows what else would have happened to that boy if you hadn't have kicked in the door.

Well done sir!

NavLaw is offline Officer First Class
    Late one night out on the lake my partner and I found a capsized boat with 2 intoxicated persons hanging on to it. It would have been a long swim and seeing she was about 7 or 8 months pregnant we loaded them into our boat and took them home. You gotta love it, no lights, no life jackets, no birth control.
    If you can't do it from a boat. Do you really want to do it?

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I can't really narrow it down to any just one.

The action stuff, pursuits, fights, etc are always good for getting the blood pumping. But the times where I'm thanked for doing something or able to actually help an honest victim and not someone who is just using the "po-po" to get one over on someone. The times they say "Thank you" and you can tell they really mean it are my finer moments.

I do have a moment as frustrating as Trojan's. I took a call where a house was broken into and checks were stolen. I worked that case for all it was worth and had it solved in a very short time. I found that the suspects were a brother and sister in laws of the complainant. They had passed the stolen checks at various businesses for a rather large sum of money. Mind you this family has a ton of kids and doesn't make much money. I felt great that I had this solved and had helped them out. They turned around and wanted nothing filed because the family members had drug problems and they were working with them to be paid back.

Of course, any time I can beat my FD buddies to a fire and tell them to "go with the flow" so they can't run bells and whistles (which ya know they die for) is a good moment.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information