Welcome to the APBWeb.
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    KaiGywer's Avatar
    KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    01-02-06
    Location
    Mandan, ND
    Posts
    2,867
    Rep Power
    2687223

    Defeat of Jesse James

    So it's that time of year again. Defeat of Jesse James Days in Northfield. What does this mean? Looong hours for both myself and kay88.

    If you're in the area, come on over and give me a call or PM

    http://www.djjd.org/

    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

  2. #2
    Jim1348 is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    01-05-06
    Posts
    388
    Rep Power
    336032

    DJJD

    I almost forgot about that. Thanks for the tip! In the past it was during the same weekend as the Burnsville Fire Muster, but they moved up to August and now I no longer have a conflict. I do recall quite a crowd in the past trying to watch the bank robbery re-enactment. Is any certain time better than another or are all of them always pretty busy?

  3. #3
    Jenna's Avatar
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    06-11-06
    Posts
    24,148
    Rep Power
    4764592
    Ouch! I'd hate to be the one playing Jesse James!

  4. #4
    Terminator's Avatar
    Terminator is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    12-03-05
    Location
    None of your business
    Posts
    16,064
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm related to Cole Younger (of the famous outlaw group the Younger Brothers), who partnered up with Jesse James in the outlaw days to terrorize innocent citizens.

  5. #5
    Jenna's Avatar
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    06-11-06
    Posts
    24,148
    Rep Power
    4764592
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    I'm related to Cole Younger (of the famous outlaw group the Younger Brothers), who partnered up with Jesse James in the outlaw days to terrorize innocent citizens.
    Why does that not surprise me?

  6. #6
    KaiGywer's Avatar
    KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    01-02-06
    Location
    Mandan, ND
    Posts
    2,867
    Rep Power
    2687223
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    I almost forgot about that. Thanks for the tip! In the past it was during the same weekend as the Burnsville Fire Muster, but they moved up to August and now I no longer have a conflict. I do recall quite a crowd in the past trying to watch the bank robbery re-enactment. Is any certain time better than another or are all of them always pretty busy?
    I'm not for sure, but I would assume the 11am one on Saturday, being it's early in the morning Other than that, they all seemed pretty busy, but you can still get a good view. Just stand on Division/5th outside Monkey See, Monkey Read (yes, that's a real name for a bookstore...lol) and the horses will go right by you as they enter downtown.

    Let me know if you're gonna be there Sent you a PM with my phone number.
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

  7. #7
    Virginian's Avatar
    Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Join Date
    12-28-05
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,647
    Rep Power
    8590732
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    I'm related to Cole Younger (of the famous outlaw group the Younger Brothers), who partnered up with Jesse James in the outlaw days to terrorize innocent citizens.
    The Younger Brothers had their own symbol too. I think they declared themselves to be a separate national entity, and eventually created a flag and currency. The flag is below, according to my research of historic records.





  8. #8
    SaraJ is offline Banned
    Join Date
    07-25-07
    Location
    Aguascalients, Mexico
    Posts
    370
    Rep Power
    0
    In Harlingen Texas we used to have Poncho Villa Days. All the men in town would grow beards. Any man not having a beard had to spend 10 minutes in the "jail" on a flatbed truck in the middle of main street. Then the parade. Everyone in old Mexican peasant clothing with huge sombreros carrying live chickens and bottles of Tequila with bandaleros and old rifles which some would shoot off occasionally. Unfortunately, times caught up with PVD. It was thought to be offensive to the Mexican population of the town and discontinuted.

  9. #9
    kay88's Avatar
    kay88 is offline Sergeant
    Join Date
    09-28-06
    Location
    New Ulm, MN
    Posts
    1,689
    Rep Power
    60394
    It was very busy this weekend. I got there at about 2230 on friday and stayed until 2030 sunday. I put in somewhere around 25 hours. The raids or reinactments were pretty good and all the ones I went to had a good turn out. The rodeos also had good turn outs as well. Things went smoothly at the parade this afternoon. Didn't have a ton of problems for the most part. Saturday at about 0130 we had some trouble getting the no parking signs up in time. It got especially difficult outside the bar where the drunks were coming out asking us for rides in our little golf cart/gator thing...
    Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

  10. #10
    Terminator's Avatar
    Terminator is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    12-03-05
    Location
    None of your business
    Posts
    16,064
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
    The Younger Brothers had their own symbol too. I think they declared themselves to be a separate national entity, and eventually created a flag and currency. The flag is below, according to my research of historic records.
    You're just mad because you don't have anyone famous in your family.

  11. #11
    Virginian's Avatar
    Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Join Date
    12-28-05
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,647
    Rep Power
    8590732
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    You're just mad because you don't have anyone famous in your family.
    I'm related to this sheriff who, in the old days, shot up some fruity outlaw called Cole Younger

  12. #12
    Terminator's Avatar
    Terminator is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    12-03-05
    Location
    None of your business
    Posts
    16,064
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
    I'm related to this sheriff who, in the old days, shot up some fruity outlaw called Cole Younger

    because your relative killed mine?

  13. #13
    Virginian's Avatar
    Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Join Date
    12-28-05
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,647
    Rep Power
    8590732
    I think we can both agree your relative deserved it. I mean, really, who wears sequins on their cowboy hat?

  14. #14
    gopherpuckfan's Avatar
    gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    02-02-07
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    2,744
    Rep Power
    1716947
    HAHA!!
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

  15. #15
    TheeBadOne's Avatar
    TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    03-13-06
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,119
    Rep Power
    7265068
    "When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

  16. #16
    KaiGywer's Avatar
    KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    01-02-06
    Location
    Mandan, ND
    Posts
    2,867
    Rep Power
    2687223
    Quote Originally Posted by kay88 View Post
    It was very busy this weekend. I got there at about 2230 on friday and stayed until 2030 sunday. I put in somewhere around 25 hours.
    Yeah, I was definately tired come 0300 on Monday morning

    Quote Originally Posted by kay88 View Post
    The raids or reinactments were pretty good and all the ones I went to had a good turn out. The rodeos also had good turn outs as well. Things went smoothly at the parade this afternoon
    Except for the Sheriff's explorer who got shot...

    (He was standing a little close to the action and a blank got his arm )
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

  17. #17
    kay88's Avatar
    kay88 is offline Sergeant
    Join Date
    09-28-06
    Location
    New Ulm, MN
    Posts
    1,689
    Rep Power
    60394
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiGywer View Post
    Except for the Sheriff's explorer who got shot...

    (He was standing a little close to the action and a blank got his arm )
    The look on that boy's face was absolutely priceless.
    Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •