Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cops Plus.....

Tuff is offline Redneckwannabepopo

Cops Plus.....

Has anybody ordered anything from them???? Just wondereing, because I went online and ordered almost 300.00 worth of duty gear and was billed for all of it, and the shipment came in today, all that showed up was a single handcuff case...... I have already sent them a email to there customer service....prety sure it will all come out just fine, just hopeing that others have not had this happen to them...
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=197722498

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Haven't ordered anything from them but that sucks they didn't send it all. Hope it all works out.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    I usually order from

http://www.lapolicegear.com/
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro56 View Post
    I usually order from

http://www.lapolicegear.com/
    Thats were I ordered my flashlight from...

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

CaliTheKid is offline Investigator
    Verified LEO
    I hate to tell ya but your experience is par for the course from this company. They suck people in with the lowest prices and then many items ordered remain on backorder without notifying you.
    They burned me once a few years ago on a mag case and I vowed never again.

I have had nothing but great service form Copquest.com.
    The great will make you feel like you too can be great.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I always order from Galls. They have good stuff, ship it quickly (i've never waited longer than 3 days for anything), and items are rarely on backorder.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    I looked on resellerratings, but there weren't many reviews. The ones there aren't good though.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store...olice_Supplies

Looked up LAPoliceGear and Galls just for comparison while I was there. No entry for CopQuest.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/LA_Police_Gear

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Galls_Inc

I was really disappointed there weren't more reviews of these stores. ResellerRatings might just be too general to draw reviews for more specialized stores, but I don't know where else you'd check out gear vendors online.

Unless someone wants to start a site where new gear is reviewed and store ratings are collected. Anyone looking for a second career or extra job? Maybe a future service of LEF?

Word of mouth works, but it'd be nice to have a database of LE related vendor reviews...

EDIT : Figures, the URL I made up for a gear review site turned out to be some squatter's parked page.

pc830cop is offline Just another squirrel looking for a NUT
    Verified LEO
    Copquest is great! They don't offer alot right now but they are growing

Searching for Evil and the Perfect donut (Love that book)

"It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you"
    -Batman Begins

There are gains for all our losses
    There are balms for all our pain
    But, when youth, the dream, departs
    It takes something from our hearts
    And it never comes again

"Captain, it is I Ensign Pulver. I just threw your damn palm tree overboard. Now, what's all this crap about no movie tonight?" -Ens Pulver in Mister Roberts

The man who will go where his colors go, without asking who will fight a phantom foe in the jungle and mountain range, without counting, and who will suffer and die in the midst of incredible hardship, without complaint, is still what he has always been, from Imperial Rome to sceptered Britain to democratic America. He is the stuff of which legions are made. ...His pride is in his colors and his regiment, his training hard and thorough and coldly realistic, to fit him for what he must face...and his obedience is to his orders. He has been called United State Marine.
    T.R. Fehrenbach, This Kind of War

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    I always order from Galls. They have good stuff, ship it quickly (i've never waited longer than 3 days for anything), and items are rarely on backorder.
    I agree, that is where I get most of my stuff from. Once there was a problem with my order and they called me to get it straight. Never had an issue with them.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    I agree, that is where I get most of my stuff from. Once there was a problem with my order and they called me to get it straight. Never had an issue with them.
    x3 for Galls-- they have the contract with my department so I use them when I need to be able to walk into a store. The service and inventory are top notch.

Damn...I hate to hear that about Copsplus...I, guess I'll see how this ends up...I'll keep you all updated...

After reading the posts on resellerratings.com, well I think I'm going to be sick...suddenly my butt hurts..

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by BEB View Post
    I looked on resellerratings, but there weren't many reviews. The ones there aren't good though.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store...olice_Supplies

Looked up LAPoliceGear and Galls just for comparison while I was there. No entry for CopQuest.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/LA_Police_Gear

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Galls_Inc

I was really disappointed there weren't more reviews of these stores. ResellerRatings might just be too general to draw reviews for more specialized stores, but I don't know where else you'd check out gear vendors online.

Unless someone wants to start a site where new gear is reviewed and store ratings are collected. Anyone looking for a second career or extra job? Maybe a future service of LEF?

Word of mouth works, but it'd be nice to have a database of LE related vendor reviews...

EDIT : Figures, the URL I made up for a gear review site turned out to be some squatter's parked page.
    I think people are usually more motivated to seek out places to post negative experiences than positive ones (as we all know from being cops lol).

s10ryan is offline Rookie
    try chief supply
    ive had excellent luck with them .
    awesome service and low prices.
    http://www.chiefsupply.com/

PeterJasonMN Guest
    Between Galls, Streicher's, and LAPolicegear you should be darn well covered. My only "beef" about Streicher's is when you go to the store in Minneapolis, they've really whored out to 5.11.

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    I personally have only ever ordered from Galls. Hopefully you'll get the rest of your gear soon. Definitely keep us updated!
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

madecov is offline Rookie
    Many of these small net companies do things like I do.
    I have a Federal Firearms License and have access to Police "stuff"

I don't stock anything and special order it all, I only sell to bona fide LEO's by word of mouth among all the local departments.

Anyway........................ ..

There are really 2 large Distributors in the public safety sector that almost everyone uses (unless you can buy factory direct). While they do have a lot in stock it is really not possible to stock every single piece of every product line in every finish.

So, the small internet seller out of his house who uses a closet as a stockroom takes your money with a slick web site. Then he orders it from the distributor, who probably has to order it from the manufacturer who then ships it to the distributor, who then ships it to the retailer, who then ships to you taking about 4-6 weeks.
    $10.00 transfers in Houston Texas

There are no problems in life that can not be handled by the judicious use of small arms and high explosives.

In God we trust..........All others are suspects

PeterJasonMN Guest
    I just wish Streicher's would accept a rent-a-cop ID as proof enough to sell flashbangs.

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJasonMN View Post
    I just wish Streicher's would accept a rent-a-cop ID as proof enough to sell flashbangs.
    And you need flashbangs for..?
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJasonMN View Post
    I am glad they dont, for some strange reason I dont know why a rent a cop would need or use flashbags

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information