Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Tony is offline Banned

Just a question about gas prices in CA.

What's the current gas price in L.A. California and is it roughly the same price in AZ or NV?

Do you have a discount cycle like us, here the price goes up every Wednesday and then slowly drops so it's cheaper again Monday/Tuesday?

We have shopping docket discounts, several supermarkets have joined up with gas companies and offer a cents per litre discount if you spend $30 or more in that supermarket, do you guys have anything similar?

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    When the local owners want to take their family to the steak house, they raise the damn prices over the weekend.

I think this could turn into a interesting thread here.

Personally i think it is total bullshit, that the gas prices are the way they are.
    When are we going to get a President that lets his nuts do the work for once?

j/c im done w/ rant now argggg
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Michelle is offline Civilian
    Depending on the station, gas goes from 2.59 to 3.15 a gal. in L.A.
    Prices are hiked on the weekends and around holidays.
    No discounts that I know of. We do have Costco (a superstore), that sells gas for a few cents less, but not enough to celebrate over.

There's a site called gasbuddy that is pretty accurate.

Tony is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    Depending on the station, gas goes from 2.59 to 3.15 a gal. in L.A.
    Prices are hiked on the weekends and around holidays.
    No discounts that I know of. We do have Costco (a superstore), that sells gas for a few cents less, but not enough to celebrate over.

There's a site called gasbuddy that is pretty accurate.

Thanks.

Your welcome!

I just checked out gasbuddy for Nevada and Arizona. Not much difference between Cali and Nevada, but looks like Arizona has some places that is 10 to 15 cents cheaper.

To bad it's an 8 hour drive for me or I'd go fill up my tank.

Tony is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    Your welcome!

I just checked out gasbuddy for Nevada and Arizona. Not much difference between Cali and Nevada, but looks like Arizona has some places that is 10 to 15 cents cheaper.

To bad it's an 8 hour drive for me or I'd go fill up my tank.
    *LOL* ~ I'm driving over to the Grand Canyon so I know I'll need to fill up once or twice. I'll use that website each for sure.

jato is offline Deputy Sheriff

Physical gasoline stocks are at a record low. Oil prices are flirting with a record high. There are serious long term supply issues with oil. Stand by for higher prices during next year driving season (summer).

Quote Originally Posted by EIA
    As the chart below indicates, not only is the absolute level of inventories low (see Figure 4 in the Weekly Petroleum Status Report), but in terms of days of supply, it is the lowest ever recorded (the days of supply data goes back to March 1991), reaching just 20 days. This is even fewer days than seen following the hurricanes in 2005. While the absolute level of total gasoline inventories has been slightly lower a few times in recent years, when the level of demand is taken into account, it has not been this low before. Of course, with gasoline demand set to fall significantly after Labor Day, the low level of inventories is not likely to cause a sharp spike in retail prices, but more likely will limit the usual seasonal decline seen after Labor Day, with the possibility remaining of an atypical slight increase over the next few weeks.

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    It is all a rip,I hate The oil companies.Gas here (less than 100 miles from several large refineries,as I am sure my blood/x-rays will attest to) and am paying as of this a.m. $2.69.Most of the Mafia live within a hard spit of a refinerie and the last time I was up there they were paying the same if not more.So how can Cali. be the same or less when you factor in the transport costs etc.????

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    Around $2.73 here.....our prices dont flucuate throughout the week..only around holidays. Some of our grocery stores offer discount ....Vons gives .10 cents off per gallon if you spend over $50....and our Ralphs just had their new gas station open although unsure what discount if any they offer. I get gas at Costco when near there since a few cents cheaper.
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Tony is offline Banned
    Thanks all.

I've rented a medium 4 cyl so I know it's not going to be harsh on the pocket like a SUV or V8.

pc830cop is offline Just another squirrel looking for a NUT
    Verified LEO
    The price in Ventura County for unleaded is $2.79.

There is oil in California and a number of refineries. The companies drill for oil on platforms in the Channel Islands Channel, in the central valley near Bakersfield, and there is still some oil derricks in L.A. There are refineries in Wilmington, Bakersfield and a small one I know of in Goleta, north of Santa Barbara.

Searching for Evil and the Perfect donut (Love that book)

"It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you"
    -Batman Begins

There are gains for all our losses
    There are balms for all our pain
    But, when youth, the dream, departs
    It takes something from our hearts
    And it never comes again

"Captain, it is I Ensign Pulver. I just threw your damn palm tree overboard. Now, what's all this crap about no movie tonight?" -Ens Pulver in Mister Roberts

The man who will go where his colors go, without asking who will fight a phantom foe in the jungle and mountain range, without counting, and who will suffer and die in the midst of incredible hardship, without complaint, is still what he has always been, from Imperial Rome to sceptered Britain to democratic America. He is the stuff of which legions are made. ...His pride is in his colors and his regiment, his training hard and thorough and coldly realistic, to fit him for what he must face...and his obedience is to his orders. He has been called United State Marine.
    T.R. Fehrenbach, This Kind of War

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by k-9max View Post
    When the local owners want to take their family to the steak house, they raise the damn prices over the weekend.

I think this could turn into a interesting thread here.

Personally i think it is total bullshit, that the gas prices are the way they are.
    When are we going to get a President that lets his nuts do the work for once?

j/c im done w/ rant now argggg

Don't know much about the gas station business do ya?
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm357 View Post
    Don't know much about the gas station business do ya?

Enlighten us, oh wise guru of the gas pump.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Cheapest prices in the central San Joaquin valley is $2.73. Expect to pay almost $3.00 or more the closer you get to SF. I know you are staying in Half Moon Bay. Coastal gas prices may be a bit more expensive. If you are looking for cheap gas then you might want to stay away from Chevron, Shell, Union 76. They have great gas but you are going to pay for it. Arco AM/PM, Valero, Flying J truck stop and the mom and pop places are more affordable.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

There is a better site for gas prices. I forgot all about it and was just reminded.

MSN has it: http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx

It comes with a map and shows more stations.

Doc_Holliday is offline California Dreaming...
    Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Enlighten us, oh wise guru of the gas pump.
    I would venture a guess as to what the guru would respond....gas station owners only make a couple pennies per gallon....most of the cost of a gallon of unleaded goes to the supplier, and a large portion goes to uncle sam and his local relatives...taxes here in OK are like 50-60 cents per gallon I think.
    500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are.

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
    I would venture a guess as to what the guru would respond....gas station owners only make a couple pennies per gallon....most of the cost of a gallon of unleaded goes to the supplier, and a large portion goes to uncle sam and his local relatives...taxes here in OK are like 50-60 cents per gallon I think.

Raping is raping. Two, that does change the fact that a one or two cent change in price when you are punping a few thousand gallons a day makes a nice go to vacation lump.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

ManImBored is offline Ninja In Training
    Verified LEO
    I got gas today for $2.47. Thats the cheapest its been here in awhile.
    "Sometimes doing the right thing, is not doing the right thing."

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Holliday View Post

Yup.

Raping is raping. Two, that does change the fact that a one or two cent change in price when you are punping a few thousand gallons a day makes a nice go to vacation lump.
    Now the Guru speaks. (I only speak for the independants, not the national chains.)

Most stations do not sell thousands of gallons of gas a day.

The profit margins are razor thin. Something along the line of 1/2 to .02 cents a gallon depending on grade of gas.

Gas is no longer the money maker for the independant station owner, only a draw to get you to come into the store to buy that pack of smokes or that bottle of soda, that's where the money is. Not fuel.

Thus endeth the lesson.
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

Elle is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    *LOL* ~ I'm driving over to the Grand Canyon so I know I'll need to fill up once or twice. I'll use that website each for sure.

You're gonna drive over the ocean?! Yea you'll probably want to fill up once or twice then. I didn't know they had gas pumps on the ocean learn somethin new everyday

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information