Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    wanna_b_trooper is offline "Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid"

Bounty Girls- WTF?

Whats the deal with this crap called bounty girls? Are they bored, desperate housewives? Are they licensed and bonded bounty agents?

To the LEOs, is it legal what they're doing? On a preview I could of sworn I saw one of the girls with a Taser in a holster. Is that legal?
    I cant even watch it for a minute.
    Ill stick with "The First 48"

ManImBored is offline Ninja In Training
    Verified LEO
    They make civilian versions of the Taser. Guess it all depends on the what state they are in, as to what the laws are. I havent seen the preview of the show to know anything about. What channel is it coming on?
    "Sometimes doing the right thing, is not doing the right thing."

wanna_b_trooper is offline "Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid"

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wanna_b_trooper View Post
    I believe its on A & E.

Court Tv

I've only watched about 30 seconds of it while surfing channels. Looks about as ridiculous as "Dog" but at least there's a little more eye candy.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    I think it's great what they do because it takes people with warrants off the street but I think the show is a total joke. They make it so dramatic but nothing exciting ever happens, just like Dog.

I met a team of bounty hunters over the summer who were searching for some big time drug dealer in my area. These guys actually had their shit together, were armed, and looked good. Court TV should follow those guys, not Dog or the bounty girls!
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-42Adam View Post
    I think it's great what they do because it takes people with warrants off the street but I think the show is a total joke. They make it so dramatic but nothing exciting ever happens, just like Dog.

I met a team of bounty hunters over the summer who were searching for some big time drug dealer in my area. These guys actually had their shit together, were armed, and looked good. Court TV should follow those guys, not Dog or the bounty girls!
    +1

But hey its more excitinge to yell and scream at people, and two seconds later, cry and love jesus together.
    dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass
    Life is to short not to experience Lazy Fed
    ___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-
    O RLY?? YA RLY NO WAI!!!!

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Fed View Post
    +1

But hey its more excitinge to yell and scream at people, and two seconds later, cry and love jesus together.

You got it. Nothing like screaming "On the ground mother f%&#cker!!!!!!!!!!!!", then bawling and praying with em.

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-42Adam View Post

You do realize that they aren't "Bounty Hunters" in the Wild West sense of the word right? That they aren't hunting for the guys pinned up on the post office wall..."Wanted, Dead or Alive for $10,000"...right? That the crimininal they are taking "off the street" were put there in the first place by them? That the criminals are out because the Bounty Girls posted their bond in the first place to spring em, and now they've skipped their court date? That they're not looking for the wifebeaters and child molesters out of the goodness of their hearts, but because if they don't they are out $10000? That the whole situation could have been avoided if they just told the child molester "Screw you, we don't want to post your bond, you fucking pamper peeler!"?

Just wanted to make sure that you and everyone else is aware...these people operate for the $$$. Not for "bounty" reward money, but to recuperate the money they posted for these shitbags' bond!
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

PeterJasonMN Guest
    I just liked watching Dog (When I had cable) because you knew that more than likely ol' Leland was going to end up in a slobberknocker with someone about 3x's his size.

And would usually win hahaha

Jackalope is offline Yell O
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    Just wanted to make sure that you and everyone else is aware...these people operate for the $$$. Not for "bounty" reward money, but to recuperate the money they posted for these shitbags' bond!
    I didn't realize that, 121, thanks for explaining it.
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Very good point, Mike. I have as much sympathy for those guys as I do lawyers.

allykitty84 is offline Officer First Class
    I can't handle it. I don't watch it or Dog. I like Reno 911 haha

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    You do realize that they aren't "Bounty Hunters" in the Wild West sense of the word right? That they aren't hunting for the guys pinned up on the post office wall..."Wanted, Dead or Alive for $10,000"...right? That the crimininal they are taking "off the street" were put there in the first place by them? That the criminals are out because the Bounty Girls posted their bond in the first place to spring em, and now they've skipped their court date? That they're not looking for the wifebeaters and child molesters out of the goodness of their hearts, but because if they don't they are out $10000? That the whole situation could have been avoided if they just told the child molester "Screw you, we don't want to post your bond, you fucking pamper peeler!"?

Very well said bro!!!

Too many people, bounty hunters included want to group them into a category with us. Farthest from the truth.

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO
    I watched one episode, meh, nothing new.
    "When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Same in Texas, they're just agents for the bail companies.

Some Bounty Hunters and PI's around here have told me that they do go after wanted criminals for Crimestopper rewards, etc, when business is slow, but when they find them they have to call 911, since like y'all have said, they can't arrest them on warrant anymore.

Some were supposedly on the tails of the $1 million armored car robbers that the FBI caught in El Paso, but I bet they have to tread lightly to avoid blowing an FBI case like that! I think they prefer to go after cases that have dropped through the cracks, but still have rewards out.

I'm not so sure anyone needs a license to do that type of Bounty Hunting for rewards, since there's really not a state license that covers it (except a PI license, if you make a business out of investigating to collect rewards).

If there's a public reward out, can't anyone look for those people and collect the reward if they find them, as long as they don't break any privacy or tresspass laws doing it? (as far as I know they can - but those don;t git the legal definition of Bounty Hunters anymore). Those people spend as much time in the basement of court houses as they do knocking on doors.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Some are actually Bounty Hunter's as they work for a percentage of the bond the bondsman would have to forfet if the subject isn't returned. They come after the bondsman figures he can't find subject on his own.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by armsmaster270 View Post
    Some are actually Bounty Hunter's as they work for a percentage of the bond the bondsman would have to forfet if the subject isn't returned. They come after the bondsman figures he can't find subject on his own.
    Around here, that's considered "bail enforcement". Again, they are acting as an agent for the bonding agency to recuperate the surety that the agency put up. This is NOT "bounty hunting" in the original sense of the word...Wanted Dead or alive type shit. Even crimestoppers rewards are for "information leading to the arrest." It's not for you to go hunting for the guy.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Even crimestoppers rewards are for "information leading to the arrest." It's not for you to go hunting for the guy.
    Nevertheless, some PI's consider it a public service (and extra money)... They'll go through court records for friends, workplaces, licenses, po boxes, kids, account numbers, anything that may give them a hint as to where to find the guy, then they'll go out interviewing (just like they'd do a skiptrace). A few day'y work sometimes nets them $5000.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

NCC1701 is offline Meat Popsicle
    I put those wannabe posers in the same bag as lawyers and used car salesmen...I would love to beat that bag with a baseball bat until very gooey.
    I don't like repeat offenders I like DEAD offenders-
    Ted Nugent

Make the world a better place....punch a hippie in the face!

Former member of Cortinian Liberation Front and the JSA MACHATOC.

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO

Oh yes, I'm well aware of that.
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information