Welcome to the APBWeb.
    121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

This UF Taser incident has me pissed!

http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/...161#post258161

Well, more specifically, the whining ABOUT the incident is pissing me off. Since Countybear is away from the site for a few days, I figure I would submit a rant. This post was originally in the above-mentioned thread, but I didn't want to disrupt the feng shui there. The following is a short piece I submitted to a liberal blog that praised this kid's actions. I would be very surprised if they print it.

------------------------------------

Holy shit. I’m a cop, but I don’t care who you are. Cop or not, that shit is fuu-u-uny! You don’t agree? Well, the millions of viewers that have kept the TV show “Cops” on the air for 17 years agree with me. This shit, and everything else like it, is comedy gold!

Uh oh, but wait, here come the weekend Constitutionalists. “But hey, what about freedom of speech! These fucking piggies violated his civil rights! They should be fired LOL!!!!11oneone!” My problem with some citizens is that they unabashedly question the intelligence of those that protect and serve, yet in the same breath they demonstrate their complete and utter ignorance of the laws and principles that they trumpet at the top of their whiny, liberal, trust-funded lungs. Let’s examine this, shall we?

Quoted from the United States Bill of Rights:
    “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

The idea of “freedom of speech” is often used by whiners as a buzzword, a moral blanket that they wrap themselves in when they feel the need to act like an ass in an otherwise civilized atmosphere. The problem I have with most people that quote the First Amendment is that they’ve never actually sat down and taken the time to read the fucking thing. I challenge every one of you bed-wetters here to find in those simple forty three words one iota of evidence to suggest that the founding fathers would have been okay with what this douchebag did. One single phrase or thought in that simple text that says anyone can say whatever they want, whenever they want to. Having trouble? Because it doesn’t, you fucking hippies.

Wait, wait, I can hear the D-for-Effort arguments now. “It says it right there! You can’t abridge the freedom of speech!” Right, dickheads. Who remembers elementary school grammar? Who remembers matching up your subjects and your participles? Your verbs? “CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW…abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press.” Last time I checked, the House and the Senate hadn’t passed any laws that you couldn’t speak your mind, or indeed, speak any kind of nonsense you want. It is still, however, illegal to yell “Bomb!” in a crowded theater, or to follow someone around all day screaming obscenities at them.

Those examples bring me to my next point, which in turn further shatters the whiny college kiddo argument invoking “freedom of speech.” The charge is called Disorderly Conduct, or some variation of the same basic premise. Call it what you will…Disturbing the Peace is another good example of varying language. IN THAT SAME AMENDMENT that you sweethearts attempt to shield yourself with, there comes a clause that Congress shall not prohibit PEACEABLE assembly. Do we now begin to see where our Disorderly Conduct statutes originate from? It is still illegal, and CONSTITUTIONALLY SO, to be a loudmouth dickhead when everyone else is convening with the intention of NOT being a loudmouth dickhead.

So now here come the cops, who are all too often faced with the unenviable task of enforcing the law in a world wherein everyone thinks that they can do the job better than the cops can. Yet, those same people shrink into the shadows when business needs to be handled and the cops are still a couple minutes away from arriving.

Add to that the misplaced and ignorant bashing of the cops who were there, simply because they’re “campus pigs” rather than “real cops.” Pardon my outright hostility, but how quickly you ungrateful motherfuckers forget…when the rounds started cooking off at Virginia Tech, and during other similar but less-publicized school shootings, it’s those “wannabes” that have to kiss their families and children goodbye when they receive the page out, put on body armor and a firearm, so they can come and protect you miserable lot who are so quick to judge and condemn them. You sheep that are running away from the gunfire, while the ill-respected campus cop has to run TOWARDS it, in the face of outright criticism from students on campus…even criticism from his own bigger-city department comrades. I work for a municipality, but I respect what those guys do. I’m sure someone here will be quick to point out that cops do the job for the paycheck, because they’re badge happy, because they like bullying others, etc. If that were the case, assholes, once the shooting starts, you would see outright resignation from most of us, because my $44,000 check and the ability to bully others just ain’t worth widowing my wife or leaving a grieving family behind, and it’s just downright ridiculous and arrogant for you pricks to assume otherwise.

So, again, they come to deal with this podium-sucking douche. Someone here said that “they should have asked him to leave.” Huh, hello, Buttercup, they did. He just shrugged them off. They asked him a couple different times. Then came time (pretty soon after this smooth-talker started using profanity at the podium) where they had to remove him by force. So they did, with a minimum of disturbance. They didn’t yell at him, they simply told him that he was done, and they carried him out. Unfortunately for him, he resisted this use of minimum force. Sorry, people. I don’t have to wait until you actually become a danger to me in order to restrain you with handcuffs. Once they got to the top of the aisle, the guy wasn’t exactly the model of compliance. Look it up for yourself, it is not an affirmative defense to resist detainment simply because you believe the arrest is unlawful. If that was the case, every shithead who shows up in court and says “They had no right to arrest me” would be acquitted. It just doesn’t, and shouldn’t, happen that way.

So what do they do? They take him to the ground…not even in an especially rough manner. They kind of pick him up and lay him down. They repeatedly tell him in clear, calm albeit labored English, “Roll over on your stomach,” “Put your hands behind your back,” and “Stop resisting or you will be tased.” It isn’t often you get such polite warnings from cops. People say that cops don’t show restraint. Show me someone like this guy who’s refusing to leave your house after repeatedly being told he’s not welcome at the party, and I’ll show you someone who probably gets his ass beat before being thrown to the curb. Cops show amazing restraint every single day. Hell, if this were Mexico or Germany, this kid would probably STILL be getting his ass kicked.

People here bemoan the use of the taser on anyone except for subjects who present a threat of deadly force. You all are nothing more that commentators and trumpeters of policy that you know nothing about. Everyone objects to an inhuman “50,000 volts” being administered. Suddenly, everyone’s an electrician. Did you know that a static electricity shock when you touch a doorknob while walking on a carpet in wool socks carries an average voltage in the hundreds of thousands? Did you know that a Van der Graaf generator (the ones you see in museums…when you touch them, your hair stands straight up) generates MILLIONS OF VOLTS? My point is, electrical current is made up of more than just volts, but you nimrods would never take the time to actually research that. The actual power output of the Taser is relatively low…we are talking an output (in Joules) that begins with 0.0. A defibrillator that you see in a hospital, by comparisor, usually delivers a jolt in the range of 20-25 joules. No decimal points in those numbers.

There are two modes of operation for the Advanced TASER X26. The first is with the probe cartridge attached. This is where the wires shoot out at the subject from a distance of up to 21 feet away. The probes spread apart at an 8 degree angle…the farther the probes are apart, the more muscle groups are affected, the more effective the motor dysfunction effect becomes. The other method, the one used here, is the drive-stun. The cartridge is removed, and the device is touched to the skin, preferably over a muscular area. The contact points are only about an inch apart. True motor dysfunction does not occur, and the taser used in this mode is simply pain compliance. On the order of applying a pressure point or joint manipulation. The pain is relieved once the subject complies.

Now everyone’s going to argue that there were plenty of cops there, why did they need to use the taser? I would ask any of you douchebags here who has ever ACTUALLY tried to cuff someone who simply does not want to be cuffed? Better yet, has anyone ever had to do this WITHOUT beating someone’s ass? Cops do it all the time. It is actually extremely difficult to wrench someone’s arms out who simply crosses them over his chest and refuses to straighten them. Try it sometime. The bottom line is the taser in this situation saved people, ESPECIALLY the crybaby, from getting hurt. The other option is getting his arms behind him by sheer force. We are talking lacerations, torn muscles, and damaged ligature. The cuffs are applied not just for the cops safety, but for the suspect’s as well. That might seem like a strange concept, but once those cuffs are on it prevents the shitbag from doing all kinds of things that could get him seriously injured. THAT’S why we put cuffs on rather than just sitting there and pinning him on the ground.

Sorry this is long-winded, but it’s nothing compared to the 3000+ posts of drivel posted by the spoiled, anti-establishment lot here. You guys are really good at making A=C, when it’s really A+B=C. He wasn’t arrested and subsequently tased for speaking his mind. He spoke it, he crossed the line, he was asked to leave, he disturbed the peace, he resisted while being placed into custody and necessary force was applied to effect the rest. Everything else is just emotive nonsense that is more than typical of this crowd.

But you know what? That’s what makes this country great. You morons go ahead and speak your mind and curse the protectors and the enforcers. Regardless, when you need me, I’ll be there to confront the burglar in your house, catch the guy who stole your car, and perform CPR on your dying grandmother. Every once in a while, between the domestics where I have to coldcock a husband who’s holding a knife to his wife, the homicides, the death notifications to grieving families, the horrific accidents, or the times when I have to tell a parent their child has been raped or I had to scrape them off the side of the road, I’ll get a thank you for it.

Every time I witness true evil in this world, something inside me dies. Every time I’m reminded that someone out there is better off because I came to work today, maybe that part of me is resurrected. Bash me all you want. Spit on me, throw bottles at me during a riot, shoot at me, try to widow my wife. But if you need me, just call, and I’ll be there. Often quickly, and often at 110+ miles per hour on the freeway, risking my own life to protect yours. Just call. My number is 911.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    what killed me about all this is...

when it takes 5 guys to hold you and they still cant get you cuffed...

hmm... let me think.... um... RESISTING????

and ZAPPP

what a fucking moron... he is lucky i wasnt present.. with my mood lately he would have been owned much sooner.

and ps.... i liked the article and i'm glad you got all that out
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    Look it up for yourself, it is not an affirmative defense to resist detainment simply because you believe the arrest is unlawful. If that was the case, every shithead who shows up in court and says “They had no right to arrest me” would be acquitted. It just doesn’t, and shouldn’t, happen that way.
    Actually, a citizen has the right to resist an unlawful arrest in North Carolina (though they can't use deadly force to do it). But good post.

phantasm is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Actually, a citizen has the right to resist an unlawful arrest in North Carolina (though they can't use deadly force to do it). But good post.
    In NY they don't.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Great post, you ready for a beer now. Arguing with hardcore liberals is harder work than building the Hoover Dam with a spork.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Excellent post! +1
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Wow.

In MN, as soon as a police officer says "Your under arrest" you cannot resist or obstruct them in any way.

The way it's worded kind of implies you CAN resist or obstruct them up to that point...but whatever.

Nice post CB....I mean 121
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    That was fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass
    Life is to short not to experience Lazy Fed
    ___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-
    O RLY?? YA RLY NO WAI!!!!

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    BTW what was the liberal blogs website???????????
    dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass
    Life is to short not to experience Lazy Fed
    ___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-
    O RLY?? YA RLY NO WAI!!!!

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    Those people showed way more restraint than some people I know. While it is true you can resist an unlawful arrest in NC, resisting becomes very painful in NC. No matter the why.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

adroitcuffs is offline Visualize whirled peas!!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Arguing with hardcore liberals is harder work than building the Hoover Dam with a spork.

The true measure of your character is what you choose to do when you think no one is looking.

http://officerbob.memory-of.com/

BigDawg is offline K-9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Great post, unfortunatly I think it will be lost on those liberal college students.
    "An Unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Jeff Cooper

Some people are meant to be the police......Some people are meant to call the police!!!

"Socialism only works in two places: Heaven where they don't need it and hell where they already have it."
    -Ronald Reagan

" I believe that forgiving them (Terrorist) is God's function. OUR job is to arrange the meeting."
    General Norman Schwartzkopf

Not all Muslims are Terrorists, but all Terrorists are Muslim.
    (author unknown)

The statements posted by BigDawg DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, or procedures of the author's employing agency. These statements are the personal opinions of BigDawg only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the user name of BigDawg. The opinions expressed by BigDawg are protected by the 1st Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. BigDawg’s messages are intended to invoke thought and discussion among the "Officer Resources" forum community and may not necessarily reflect the opinion of the author. BigDawg’s posts and any attachments are intended for an adult audience (18+) and may contain strong language, sexual content, nudity, violence, and may be graphic in nature. Some material may be considered offensive; reader discretion is advised. Please note that many of BigDawg’s posts are intended for entertainment value only. BigDawg’s posts are not intended to be used where prohibited by law. Furthermore, BigDawg's posts, and any attachments, may contain information covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, and is confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner.

LawnMM is offline Oppressor of Crackheads
    Dude you need to go home to your wife on your lunch break =)

You've got some pent up aggression!

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Sounds like someone has been spending a little quality time with Countybear.

In all seriousness 121Traffic, that was an excellent post.

mfranklin01 is offline its not vendication...its punishment
    great post 121
    "Be Polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet"

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    GREAT post 121!!

I couldn't agree more. Look out countybear, someone's challenging your rants!
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Great post, 121Traffic. I'm embarrassed that my fellow leftists are getting so worked up over such a non-issue. Getting hit with a taser is not a big deal, and seems perfectly justified in this case. There are lot more serious issues out there for progressives to tackle.

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    I'm worn out from posting on this one elsewhere...

Real simple. No matter what you feel about whether he should have been allowed to continue or not -- the shithead kid decided to keep going multiple times. First, when a moderator asked him to stop. Second, when a cop "reinforced" that request. Third, when he ran from said cop. Fourth, as he continued to resist when the cops went hands-on. Fifth, when he tried to shove his way back through. Sixth -- when the cops warned him to give up his hands or he'd be hit with the Taser. ("Don't Taser me, Bro!")

Let's see... That's at least five different times shithead could have decided to get with the program, and avoided riding the lightning.

But the campus cops have been thrown to the wolves...

BULLSHIT!

Thread Information