Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jim1348 is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO

Safariland Rapid Light System

Has anybody checked this out yet?

http://www.safariland.com/rls/index.aspx

ManImBored is offline Ninja In Training
    Verified LEO
    It looks like an interesting concept. My only concern is reholstering, you have to take it off and do something with it.
    "Sometimes doing the right thing, is not doing the right thing."

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I just checked that out in American Cop Magazine.

Looks interesting.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Its an interesting concept. I use to carry the m3 light in a seperate holder on my belt and my gun was in a regular holster, I found that in a stressful situation you draw your gun but you forget about or have a hard time getting your light out and attaching it to your gun. I would suggest a surefire light, TLR-1 or TLR-2 light, mount it on your gun and get a holster to accommodate.

If you would like prices, let me know, I have my price book with me tonight. I also can get prices on the Safariland as well.

cashton is offline Officer First Class
    YEah....looks neat but not practical. Everyone in my department carries GLOCKS with rails and we are all issued Streamlight M3 tac lights. Most do not have the holster that allows you to keep the light on the gun but I do and our k9 guys do. Works out nice. I keep the light on gun all the time, even day shift. You never know when you need a light and your weapon drawn and even though we carry StingerXT's on our belt, the tac. light just makes life a tad bit easier.

CourtCop is offline Rookie
    I didn't even think of that! How do you holster with that RLS light?

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I have the M-6 by Streamlight and the holster that goes with it and I like it. I want to sell the M-6 and go with the Surefire LED light. You have a price on the X300 Shoestring? Also do you know if the safariland holster that holds a Glock 22 with the M-6 attached would work with the X300?

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    I didn't even think of that! How do you holster with that RLS light?
    You don't. You find a way to remove it quickly, and use the built in clip to attach it to your belt/uniform.

Neat idea... I question it's actual tactical usefulness. If they wanna send me one free to try out, I'll be glad to give it a whirl. I don't think I'd pay for it...

CourtCop is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jks9199 View Post
    You don't. You find a way to remove it quickly, and use the built in clip to attach it to your belt/uniform.

Neat idea... I question it's actual tactical usefulness. If they wanna send me one free to try out, I'll be glad to give it a whirl. I don't think I'd pay for it...
    Ahhh...the light adaptor doubles as a belt clip? Thats pretty ingenious.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I just found the Blackhawk Serpa Level 3 *with* the new Xiphos light in a combo package for $189.

If anyone was thinking of trying it, here is the link:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/blackhaw...ght-combo.html
    I'm your huckleberry...

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

ManImBored is offline Ninja In Training
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    I have the M-6 by Streamlight and the holster that goes with it and I like it. I want to sell the M-6 and go with the Surefire LED light. You have a price on the X300 Shoestring? Also do you know if the safariland holster that holds a Glock 22 with the M-6 attached would work with the X300?
    Five-O, Safariland makes a holster for the X300 attached. Check their website for the item number and see what Shoestring can do for you.
    "Sometimes doing the right thing, is not doing the right thing."

Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    I did not bring my price book this eve. I will check when I get home this morn and have something posted on here by the end of the day. We are limited with Surefire products because we dont actually have a brick and mortor store, but I will check.

Have you looked at the TLR-2 light, it is made by the same company as M6, but it is a cleaner look with better lighting.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Shoestring, you guys are awesome!
    I'm your huckleberry...

Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Shoestring, you guys are awesome!
    Thanks bro, I try

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by CourtCop View Post
    Ahhh...the light adaptor doubles as a belt clip? Thats pretty ingenious.
    I'm just going by their web site description..

I think it's a neat idea, on several levels. But I don't know how practical it really is, because will you really have the time (and dexterity under stress) to fuss with it, either before you search, or when you hook someone?

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoestring View Post
    I did not bring my price book this eve. I will check when I get home this morn and have something posted on here by the end of the day. We are limited with Surefire products because we dont actually have a brick and mortor store, but I will check.

Have you looked at the TLR-2 light, it is made by the same company as M6, but it is a cleaner look with better lighting.

Roger that...Thanks

Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    I have to check on the holster compatability with the company because their new book has not come out yet (they dont have many surefire items listed for there holsters but I know they have them)

We can not get sure fire lights at this time, We can get almost all of the rest of the lighting systems out there, including Xiphos, we can match the combo deal listed above in this thread.

Will get the holster info listed on Monday when I can call my dealer. Thanks for your patients

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The deal that I posted above is on back order, so don't bother folks.

Deal with Baumshoe.

I had to deal with opticsplanet cause I have a gift certificate - so I gotta wait or order something else.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Surefire lights we can not get for now.

The holster will be different, they will fit differently, the x300 and the x200 are interchangable. Sorry

Thread Information