9 12.68%
  • I dont know but I have seen space ghost on tv before

12 16.90%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO

my Halloween thread

Yes there is a poll with it, Do you believe in ghosts, have you ever seen a ghost. Tell your story

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Have experienced one, although I won't call it "seen."
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    In my opinion, catching a glimpse of something you can't explain and defining it as a ghost is hopeful ignorance. I'm hopeful, but I don't expect to see Casper or great great grandaddy Virginian anywhere.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I do believe.

I haven't seen one per se, but I have had odd things happened that have no logical explanation.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

carolina is offline Master Officer
    I know this sounds strange, but I have a sister that swears that she sees them. She even has some photos that have silhouettes in them, and I've seen that, but I kind of just shake my head and go I dunno. I know that this is odd, but while I don't believe in say the Sylvia Brown's of the world ... I think that there are unexplained things that can and do happen.

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. - Leo Buscaglia

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post
    I do believe.

I haven't seen one per se, but I have had odd things happened that have no logical explanation.
    Same here.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I've never seen a ghost. I don't know if ghosts exist; I consider their existence possible but unproven. If I ever saw anything like a ghost I would run after it and try to ask it questions, and try to document its existence!

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post
    I do believe.

like getting booted out of Chat?
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    I've learned in life that anything is possible and that there are things that happen that can't be explained. So I guess although I have never seen one..I do think the possibility of them existing is probably true.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolven View Post
    I've learned in life that anything is possible and that there are things that happen that can't be explained. So I guess although I have never seen one..I do think the possibility of them existing is probably true.
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Not saying they don't exist I just don't get spooked by the boogeyman. Never seen one.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

krauty is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    nope

gwebb1981 is offline Officer First Class
    Sylvia Brown also said that Osama Bin Laden was dead a year ago.
    My vote is 'no' regardless.
    If I do end up seeing one, I'm not going to talk myself into thinking I didn't see one. I'll come back and change it to 'yes'. At the moment I just don't feel it's logical. I can see how people would like the idea of it to be possible though.

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    In 1993 I went on a school trip to Germany. We stayed one night in a creepy old hotel. My roomate and I heard footsteps all night long. When we checked the hall we never saw anyone. It was freaky, but was it a ghost? Who knows.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    OK, here is my story......and my husband was with me or he would have never believed me. We were in our first apartment. For many nights, after we went to bed, we would *hear* things in living room. Sounded like someone rocking a chair. We would always go in there to check.....and nothing. Well one night, we heard it....walked in there, and saw our chair rocking back and forth....and it was just a peaceful feeling. Really can't explain it. We know it was a female....can't explain that either, we could just sense it. We lived there for about 7 months, and she would roam the apartment, or make noises in different rooms, and we were never scared.

I know.......strange......but it happened.
    I always wanted to go to apt mgr and ask if anyone had ever been killed in that apt lol I never did though.
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Boner is offline Veterans Affairs Alcohol Disposal Unit
    I have never experienced any "paranormal" activity and feel that if something strange occurs, there is always a scientific explaination for it. This leads to some interesting conversations with my wife. It seems that we don't see eye to eye.
    "History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
    Winston Churchill

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, Don't even act like I didn't buy a doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".

1*girl Guest
    I voted yes and that I've seen a ghost, but I wouldn't necessarily call them "ghosts", or what society typically deems as such. And I have a few stories...

When I was in elementary school, I had this antique rocker in my bedroom. I've always loved that chair and every night for a few years, my great-grandmother would sit there in the corner of the room and watch over me while I slept. At times, I would ask her for a glass of water and sometimes she'd stand over my bed and hand me this glass. Of course she'd disappear just as I was about to take the glass and I'd "wake up"...feeling very disappointed that she was gone. This great-grandmother died long before my parents ever met and I found out once I was older that chair was hers. I still have it, still find comfort in it.

Just a couple of months ago, we had a patient die at work and I assisted a coworker with preparing his body for the morgue and for his family to see him before he left our facility. He was always one of our more combative patients and while I never have been comfortable with death, I can handle it in a work setting. This night, however, my skin was bright red and I could not stop shaking until awhile after we got him ready. Naturally I tried to go on with my job the way I'm supposed to, but there was something evil about this man that literally followed me around during the rest of my shift. At one point while I was sitting at the desk, I turned around to look behind me and yell at him, but decided I didn't want anyone else there to think I was crazy. I ended up having to go to the bathroom and say a quick prayer that this spirit or whatever it was would "leave me the hell alone". The only way I could sleep the next day was with my Bible in the bed with me and under my arm.

The most recent thing that has happened (at work) was I kept seeing someone's shadow walking out of one of the rooms and for a split second, I caught the reflection of something in a mirror in that hall. No staff or anyone was close enough to that mirror to explain that one. A few days later, one of our ladies that had recently lived in that room passed away unexpectedly.

smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO
    When I was 17 I worked as a bellman and barback at Nottoway Plantation and one night I was working a wedding reception that they were having inside the house and while I was in the kitchen getting some glasses I saw a female with the redist hair I have ever seen wearing one of those old time antebellum dresses. Well she walks past me without speaking a word, just gave quick glance never making eye contact and went into the next room. I didn't think much of it because that is how the tour guides dress sometimes and I thought that maybe she was dressed up for the wedding just to add to the effect of the house. Not too long after she passed I had to go into the room she went into, which is where the dishwasher is, and there was nobody in there. Now it is very possible that she went outside and I didn't hear her but the door is an old metal door that makes a lot of noise when you open it and it slams shut. By this time I am a little weirded out so I grab what I needed and got the hell out of dodge. After the reception was over I was carrying some chairs to a storage room upstairs and what the hell do you think I saw, the Randolph family portrait dating back to the late 1800's with the same chick I saw walk past me. I convinced myself that it was just a tour guide but there was no tour guide that looked like her. There is a few other things I have heard about the house but I have never seen any of those.

And if this video doesn't convince you I don't know what will.
    http://www.break.com/1408/sitter-cam-catches-ghost.html
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

1*girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey703 View Post
    When I was 17 I worked as a bellman and barback at Nottoway Plantation...
    Shit! I don't mess with those old plantation houses! There's one just down the street from my parents' house and there's so many stories coming out of it that I have yet to set foot in there lol. (which is funny because I don't actually believe in haunted houses)

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    BOO!!

To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information