Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Illiy is offline Corporal

Nevergetcaught.com

Ok.. so I was driving my daughter to school this morning and I hear the tail end of a radio interview with former cop Barry Cooper promoting his website. His website sells a video that "teaches" people the following things...

In this 90 minute DVD you will learn:
    Secret drug enforcement tactics
    How to avoid narcotics profiling
    How to conceal your stash
    Do coffee grounds really work?
    How police officers cause K9s to false alert
    Search & Seizure law made easy
    How police officers can tell when you're lying
    Watch real footage of Barry making marijuana arrests
    90 minutes of personal training from Barry Cooper

I am not in law enforcement yet... but I would be pretty tweaked at a former cop "changing" sides... Any opinions?

BTW he is aligned with LEAP is that any surprise?

http://www.nevergetbusted.com/

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    Here is my opinion, he is a POS! I saw that guy on MSNBC a while back. The interviewer tore him a new one.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

My daughter was in the car so I didn't feel comfortable listening to the rest of the interview but they were wrapping up anyway...

What caught my attention was he was "teaching" people how to lie to the cops... or how not to be caught lying to them...

OXCOPS is offline Usual Suspect
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiy View Post
    My daughter was in the car so I didn't feel comfortable listening to the rest of the interview but they were wrapping up anyway...

What caught my attention was he was "teaching" people how to lie to the cops... or how not to be caught lying to them...
    It's usually not what you say that gets you tripped up. It's also alot of what you DO. When your words say one thing, but your actions say another, it won't end well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by OXCOPS View Post
    It's usually not what you say that gets you tripped up. It's also alot of what you DO. When your words say one thing, but your actions say another, it won't end well for you.
    That is what he said... he was talking about your body language...

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    There have been a number of former and retired officers who have written books and made videos on how to defeat officers doing their job. Some of them have made money, some have not!

The bottom line is there are those criminals out there who can read but do not understand! Therefore, LEOs have job security. You see, when a person is stoned out or loaded up, they have no concept of what the rest of the world is doing.

They are disengaged from the immediate presence and are easily tripped up by the youngest of POs who have very little experience.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    Shrug. How is he any different from other cops who go to work for criminal defense attorneys or traffic cops who retire and work for insurance companies? Or how about those thug cops who tarnish their badge by working for criminals while still on duty? Cops change sides all of the times.

He is free to preach and sell what he wants. He's an idiot who will end up hating life when a doper follows his "recommendations" and still gets popped but that is a free society.

Do some google on him. There is more info on why he is a former cop and only lasted 8 years.

Here's a good one: http://search.dallasobserver.com/200...don-t-go-bust/

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    It doesn't bother me, really.

I saw the DVD he's hawking and he really doesn't give away anything most long-time drug users already know. What pissed me off more than anything was his "reasoning" he was using for making video. Saying as a Narc officer he "ruined" so many lives with the arrests he made. First off, the criminal is the one that ruined their own lives. They knew the crap was illegal and they took their chances. Secondly, we all know he's in it for the money. He's probably on his 5th alamony payment anyway.

Gotta run!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

PeterJasonMN Guest
    What would be funny is if he was a "double-agent", planting BS in these Einstein's brains.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Sounds like a tool.

Even if he belives his "drug war is bad, mmmkay" line he is placing tools in the hands of people who might hurt cops.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJasonMN View Post
    What would be funny is if he was a "double-agent", planting BS in these Einstein's brains.
    Me and an Interstate Interdiction buddy were talking one time about writing a book full of myths about how to avoid / get out of police contact, make it like a how-to book. One of the myths we wanted to start was that if you slide a $10.00 bill or larger under the intoxilyzer while the testing officer looks away, it will skew the reading to a lower value. You have to leave the bill there though.
    Imagine cleaning up under the machine once a week or so and finding bills.

Back to topic, this guy is a turd and it would be wonderful if he himmself got popped trafficing one day
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Mouth movement?

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    I had training with a drug agent from texas. I asked him if he had ever heard of berry cooper. This agent said that he had been working in texas for 20 years and NEVER heard of this agent so being a well known drug agent kinda got shot down IMO

SaraJ is offline Banned
    Criminals are stupid. Why else would one turn off the headlights of his car when going to buy drugs so the police wouldn't get suspicious?

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraJ View Post
    Criminals are stupid. Why else would one turn off the headlights of his car when going to buy drugs so the police wouldn't get suspicious?
    They think it makes them invisible. Like when my four year old closes here eyes and says we can't see her.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO
    I bet Robbie Bishop is rolling in his grave right now.
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

So Fla Cop is offline Trunk Monkey Supporter
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraJ View Post
    Criminals are stupid.
    Watch Cocaine Cowboys. I wish I was that stupid.
    September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiy View Post
    Ok.. so I was driving my daughter to school this morning and I hear the tail end of a radio interview with former cop Barry Cooper promoting his website. His website sells a video that "teaches" people the following things...

In this 90 minute DVD you will learn:
    Secret drug enforcement tactics
    How to avoid narcotics profiling
    How to conceal your stash
    Do coffee grounds really work?
    How police officers cause K9s to false alert
    Search & Seizure law made easy
    Watch real footage of Barry making marijuana arrests
    90 minutes of personal training from Barry Cooper

I am not in law enforcement yet... but I would be pretty tweaked at a former cop "changing" sides... Any opinions?

BTW he is aligned with LEAP is that any surprise?

http://www.nevergetbusted.com/
    What a tool.

WOW! Doesn't this guy sound a bit like Jeff Foxworthy? Just a thought.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Sounds like a tool.

Even if he belives his "drug war is bad, mmmkay" line he is placing tools in the hands of people who might hurt cops.
    Not standing up for the guy, but in his DVD he tells the viewer to never fight or run from the police. Surprisingly, he even encourages the viewer to accept a consent search. Then he follows it up with a statement about how K-9 handlers are crooked and if they refuse to search they will still make their dog give a positive indication anyway.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Not standing up for the guy, but in his DVD he tells the viewer to never fight or run from the police. Surprisingly, he even encourages the viewer to accept a consent search. Then he follows it up with a statement about how K-9 handlers are crooked and if they refuse to search they will still make their dog give a positive indication anyway.

Nod.

How many runners following his advice are going to panic at the last moment when they know the gig is up?
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information