Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

LEO uniforms mistaken for costumes, and vice versa?

Ever have someone mistake your LEO uniform for a costume on Halloween? Or ever arrest someone dressed in an LEO uniform for Halloween for impersonating an officer?

smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO
    I work with a couple of guys who put the uniform on and impersonate being a police officer.
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I was once mistaken for a simple paperboy. I was pretty pissed about that, so I tossed that woman's paper in the bushes every week for a month.

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey703 View Post
    I work with a couple of guys who put the uniform on and impersonate being a police officer.
    I think we all do.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Jenna, I haven't seen many three foot tall cops around here holding plastic pumpkins for candy.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Motorwaycop is offline Retired Plod
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Jenna, I haven't seen many three foot tall cops around here holding plastic pumpkins for candy.
    No, I find you can get more in a bucket.
    the sole advantage of power is that you can do more good.
    ( Baltasar Gracian )

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    I work with one of those too. Well he is not a kid but he is often mistaken for one because of his height. And I could have swore I saw him lastnight running around with a plastic pumpkin.
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    No, I haven't seen any of that but I have been mistaken for security while doing a walk-through at the mall. That irks me greatly for some reason.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Verified LEO
    Now that I think about it, about 6 years ago I was detatched to work a fair in St. Louis City. We rode the Metrolink that goes across to Illinois to help with any crowd problems.
    I remember this lady asked me if I was a "Rent a Cop". That pissed me off big time.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Now that I think about it, about 6 years ago I was detatched to work a fair in St. Louis City. We rode the Metrolink that goes across to Illinois to help with any crowd problems.
    I remember this lady asked me if I was a "Rent a Cop". That pissed me off big time.
    Did she get a quick karate chop to the throat

Verified LEO
    Did she get a quick karate chop to the throat
    HAHA! Trust me, I wanted to throw her off the train, while still moving!

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post

Dude, that was a pickup line!

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
    Dude, that was a pickup line!

HudsonHawk is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I responded to a shooting a few years ago on Halloween and found myself momentarily detained because an officer thought I was just wearing a costume...
    "never bring paws to a gunfight" - Jenna

Roses is offline Member
    I work with one of those too. Well he is not a kid but he is often mistaken for one because of his height. And I could have swore I saw him lastnight running around with a plastic pumpkin.
    He didn't share his candy with you? Now that is just stingy!!!
    http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/1369/rosekdrosetransp9fk2eb.gif

A Smile

A smile cost nothing, but gives so much.

It enriches those who receive it,
    without making poorer those who give.
    It takes but a moment, but the memory
    of it sometimes lasts forever.

None is so rich or mighty that he
    can get along without it,
    and none is so poor but that
    he can be made rich by it.

A smile creates happiness in the home,
    fosters goodwill in business,
    and is the countersign of friendship.

It brings rest to the weary,
    cheer to the discouraged, sunshine to the sad,
    and it is nature's best antidote for trouble.

Yet it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed,
    or stolen, for it is something that is of no
    value to anyone until it is given away.

Some people are too tired to give you a smile.
    Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile
    so much as he who has no more to give.

- author unknown

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    This thread brings to mind an unfortunate incident that occurred in the Hollywood (CA) area a couple of years ago. A gentleman arrived at the party dressed as a criminal and would periodically pull a toy gun from a shoulder holster and wave it about yelling out commands. The LAPD was called due to the party noise. Upon arrival, one two-man unit began to address the problem when one of the officers observed the partier pull the weapon and start yelling commands. The officer yelled for the suspect to drop the weapon - an act that did not take place. The officer fired in fear for his life and the lives of those in the room. Result: One party goer dead, numerous attendees traumatized, one officer with great remorse and regret for taking a life. It happens!
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    This thread brings to mind an unfortunate incident that occurred in the Hollywood (CA) area a couple of years ago. A gentleman arrived at the party dressed as a criminal and would periodically pull a toy gun from a shoulder holster and wave it about yelling out commands. The LAPD was called due to the party noise. Upon arrival, one two-man unit began to address the problem when one of the officers observed the partier pull the weapon and start yelling commands. The officer yelled for the suspect to drop the weapon - an act that did not take place. The officer fired in fear for his life and the lives of those in the room. Result: One party goer dead, numerous attendees traumatized, one officer with great remorse and regret for taking a life. It happens!
    Being that this happened in LALA Land, I bet he got raked over the coals in the press.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I stopped for supper at my wife's best friend's house while they were having their halloween party. My wife called after I left and said one of the other girls there commented that I was wearing a great costume and didn't understand why I left so quick.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
    I was once mistaken for a simple paperboy. I was pretty pissed about that, so I tossed that woman's paper in the bushes every week for a month.
    I resemble that remark. So you're the reason I get complaints on my paper route.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    No, I haven't seen any of that but I have been mistaken for security while doing a walk-through at the mall. That irks me greatly for some reason.
    Same thing happened to me but I was at a gun show.
    The opinions of my posts are the sole responsibilty of my employer due to the fact that they have totally and completely warped my mind.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information