Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Your thoughts?

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Your thoughts?

Took this report the other day. Although I have taken many of these type reports in my career this is the first time I thought I would share one. I was only surprised that he had a receipt and serial number. Your thoughts?

ON 10312007 @ APPROX 1135HRS SGT. LEWIS WAS CALLED TO THE IPSO JAIL LOBBY IN REFERENCE TO A STOLEN WEAPON. UPON ARRIVAL SGT. LEWIS SPOKE WITH COMPLAINANT/VICTIM ******* *********. ********** STATED TO SGT. LEWIS THAT HE WANTED TO REPORT THAT HIS RUGER KP-90 .45 CAL SEMI AUTO PISTOL HAD BEEN STOLEN. SGT. LEWIS ASKED ********** TO ELABORATE AS TO HOW THE WEAPON HAD BEEN STOLEN. ********** THEN STATED HE JUST DIDN’T KNOW THE CURRENT LOCATION OF THE WEAPON. ********** STATED THAT WHEN HE WENT TO LOOK ON THE SHELF, IN HIS RESIDENCE, WHERE HE USUALLY KEPT THE WEAPON IT WAS GONE. ********** STATED HE HAD TRIED TO REPORT THE WEAPON STOLEN 2 WEEKS AGO BUT NO ONE CAME TO SEE HIM. SGT. LEWIS THEN REFLECTED THAT INFORMATION BACK TO ********** BY CONFIRMING THAT HE HAD IN FACT WAITED 2 WEEKS TO REPORT THE WEAPON MISSING. ********** STATED IN AN AFFIRMATIVE MANNER BUT THAT THE WEAPON HAD BEEN MISSING LONGER THAN THAT. HE HAD ONLY BEEN ATTEMPTING TO REPORT IT STOLEN FOR 2 WEEKS. ********** STATED THAT HE NOTICED THE WEAPON MISSING APPROXIMATELY 3 MONTHS PRIOR TO REPORT DATE. IT WAS FURTHER STATED ********** “SEARCHED” FOR THE WEAPON APPROXIMATELY 1 MONTH PRIOR TO REPORT DATE BEFORE BELIEVING THE WEAPON HAD BEEN STOLEN.
    ********** PROVIDED SGT. LEWIS A RECEIPT FROM THE ******* JEWELRY AND PAWN SHOP IN BATON ROUGE FOR THE PURCHASE OF A RUGER MODEL# KP-90 45.CAL PISTOL BEARING SERIAL NUMBER A-000000000-00.
    SGT. LEWIS ADVISED ********** THAT A REPORT WOULD BE FILED ON HIS BEHALF, THE WEAPON WOULD BE LISTED NCIC AS STOLEN AND PROVIDED HIM A FILE NUMBER. SGT. LEWIS ALSO ADVISED ********** OF THE POSSIBLE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL REPRCUSSIONS OF NEGLIGENT GUN OWNERSHIP.

4 months and 2 weeks missing. I "thanked" him for putting another weapon on the street that we have to worry about one of us finding. I anxiously await his official complaint.
    I hope he "finds" the weapon, forgets to report it recovered and gets arrested for possessing his own firearm.
    (I have thought of the "transaction" possiblity and that he is just covering his ass. After talking to him for a few I felt he just didn't think it was that big a deal)
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Sounds like insurance fraud to me.

smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO
    Sounds to me that there is a possibility that the firearm was either directly used or possibly used in the commission of a crime and now this joker is worried and is trying to distance himself from the firearm and/or the crime.
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey703 View Post
    Sounds to me that there is a possibility that the firearm was either directly used or possibly used in the commission of a crime and now this joker is worried and is trying to distance himself from the firearm and/or the crime.

Bingo, that is exactly what I was thinking. Need to check the dispatcher logs to see if he tried to report it earlier.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    I am sure you have but did you run his Crim. History to see what he is all about?
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Offer to do a thorough search of his house

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Bingo, that is exactly what I was thinking. Need to check the dispatcher logs to see if he tried to report it earlier.
    Done. Negative.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I am sure you have but did you run his Crim. History to see what he is all about?
    Done. Clean as a whistle.
    Offer to do a thorough search of his house
    Negative. He didn't like me after our conversation.

cajunguy is online now I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO
    Hmmm, why does "Aggravated stupidity with intent to distribute" come to mind?

The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    To ease the tension you should have just yelled "tickle fight!" and started tickling him. And if he pulled a gun, you should shoot it out of his hand. Jeez, you cops - we civilians have to tell you how to do everything!

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
    To ease the tension you should have just yelled "tickle fight!" and started tickling him. And if he pulled a gun, you should shoot it out of his hand. Jeez, you cops - we civilians have to tell you how to do everything!

Do not say tickle ffffff......I am not even gonna finish it. There is a reason why we do not use that technique. Defense Attorney's love it when the see " that " in a report. They see dollar signs and file excessive force lawsuits. You would be better off going for a sleeper hold then transitioning into the Boston Crab. Even though we are taught how to effectively perform the T.F. maneuver in basic defensive tactics class, it is preferred that we don't use it due to the severe liability it poses.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Well here's my idea. When the ever so incredible and infamous "back ground check" is done (what a joke) shit like this is something they should look for.
    I'm sorry sir/ma'am apparently according to your "background check" you're a fucking idiot. For the sake of humanity, your weapon purchase has been denied. Please go a sharpen a pencil and stab yourself in the eye.
    This guy may not be a criminal but he sure as hell is a danger to society with his gun ownership. Like I said this isn't the first report of such nature I've taken.
    I took 5 reports of a person who had lost or had his weapon "stolen." The guy was a drunken idiot. I "recovered" the weapon each time until the last time. He came in and stated he had misplaced his weapon and his 5 year old. Thats right, his 5 year old. I arrested him and confiscated the weapon and the kid. Of course I was quickly reprimanded for the confiscation and the kid was turned over to OCS, and the weapon returned. OCS immediately conducted a background check and found him to be suitable and returned the child. This is someone who should have a gun? How about the one above?

Thread Information