Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    EXCELSIOR is offline Rookie

fight man vs woman

Remembering that every state in the united states allow a person to use reasonable force to defend themselves, would you allow your feeling or views to get in the way if you responded to a call where a woman attacked a man and the man used reasonable force to defend himself as allowed bylaw. Basically would you arrest the male because "men should never hit woman"?

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    hook em both up for disorderly conduct. case closed.

It all depends on the evidence: witness statements, physical marks, video (depending on where it took place), and so on.

But to answer your question, no my personal feelings don't have anything to do with it. PC is the determining factor.

"Stupid should hurt."

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I believe in equal rights.

A woman should be able to vote, own property, and be entitled to all the rights a man has. Including getting her ass kicked if she assaults the wrong person

like everything else, it is determined by when the person stops. If a woman attacks a man, he hits her once and puts her on the pavement, then walks away? self defense. if a woman attacks a man, he puts her on the pavement, then keeps kicking the crap outta her? then it turns criminal.

but the same idea goes both ways

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    It depends on the circumstance. I have arrested a male for hitting a woman "in self defense". And it was no question it was in self defense. She slapped him in the face and he punched her in the mouth. However after an indepth investigation it was determined that the male had been the predominate aggressor and a domestic violence violator for years. After years of abuse the female knew that their arguement was going to end up with her getting her ass beat. She simply struck first. Of course the case was never prosecuted. Our DA's office wouldn't know the dynamics of domestic violence if it bit them on the ass. Nor do they care what a predominate aggressor is.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

PeterJasonMN Guest
    I'm with Ender (though I believe he might have stolen my philosophy). If chicks want to be "Equal" then they should have it coming when they start shit.

You'll go to bars/parties/wherever and hear these girls get all cocky saying they're going to kick some guy's ass. I say let them try, and don't let them piss and bitch when they find themselves bouncing off the sidewalk.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Of course we'd lock the man up! We all know police aren't that fair and don't use common sense when it comes to doing our jobs, right?

Your question is bordering Trollville.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Yes, I would absolutely disregard all laws and let my uncontrollable anger decide my actions. I'd probably shoot both of them just because I'm crazy like that when my chivalrous feelings get in the way of my job

werd.

would you allow your feeling or views to get in the way if you responded to a call where a woman attacked a man and the man used reasonable force to defend himself as allowed bylaw
    I smell bongwater and citations.

SaraJ is offline Banned
    I agree that if women want to be equal they should be permited to be. If a woman hits a man and it's not in self defense then she is the agressor and should be treated as such. Here the rule is, "He who hits, pays." Doesn't matter what the provication, the first person to throw a punch goes to jail--male or female.

Hannah87 is offline Giggidy... Giggidy..
    Verified LEO
    I don't think women should be treated differently or not be punished because she's a chick. I'm female and a soon to be cop and if the woman threw the first punch and the man defended himself, her ass would go to jail, case closed. And, like someone else said, if the man defended and continued kicking the shit outta her then they'd both go.
    May you rest in peace Daddy and may you never hurt again. I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you again.

12/12/44- 2/26/09

smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO
    +1 on what lewisipso said. I prefer my new method over the traditional method of arrest. I have invested in two of those big sumo wrestler outfits and I make both parties put the suits on and go at it in the backyard. After they feel that they have had enough I send them on their happy-go-lucky way. Before I leave I make sure that it is understood that if I have to comeback we will do it all over again and this time the loser gets smacked in the face with a rubber maul.

Seriously though, if I can't determine who was the offender and who was the victim I take them both. Handcuffs don't discriminate, they go on women just as easy as they go on men.
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

HotTamale is offline Officer First Class
    Women faught for equal rights, and they are going to get EQUAL rights, if they started it, I will finish it by taking there butts to jail. Now if a man was "defending" himself and kicking the shit out of here because she slapped him, that would be a different story. I say get the person off of you then walk away from the situation.
    OPD Explorer Post #2235

I never thought there was such thing as a stupid question, then I became a security officer.

EXCELSIOR is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
    Yes, I would absolutely disregard all laws and let my uncontrollable anger decide my actions. I'd probably shoot both of them just because I'm crazy like that when my chivalrous feelings get in the way of my job

werd.

I smell bongwater and citations.
    Actually the question came up from an episode of cops a woman slapped a man in the face and the man pushed her away. The police officer arrested them both for battery. He said the man was not defending himself merely because the push sent the woman back about 4 feet and she landed on her butt. The cop Said, even thought this was on tape, that the man "kicked the crap out of the female" and thats why he arrested him.

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    When I was in second grade I came home from school crying,Mom asked what was wrong and I told her "Susie" punched me in the mouth,she asked if I hit her back and I responded "you told me I cant hit ladys" her response was that if she hit me she aint no lady.
    Totality of circumstances,yes I would if I truly think he hit in self defense.Hell I have hit a woman in self defense(on duty) so I know it is sometime necessary .

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Of course as I said,depends on the circumstances.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfgrN8tzJJA

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    If you are defending yourself, you are defending yourself. Gender is not an issue.
    This message was brought to you by Tampons. We
    aren't the best thing in the world but we are right up
    there next to it.

To them its always 'scary and aggressive' driving. To us its at times a matter of life and death." -LawnMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYie3bB3OU

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by EXCELSIOR View Post
    Actually the question came up from an episode of cops
    Nobody, but nobody polices like you see on cops. That's why I can't stand to watch the show. Sometimes I think they pick the worst cops to put on the air. (No offense- I do know one cop that was put on the show and she's a good 'un, I'm speaking generally- and especially the older episodes.)
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Of course we'd lock the man up! We all know police aren't that fair and don't use common sense when it comes to doing our jobs, right?

I agree.

Women can go to jail as quickly as men in domestic violence cases, or any case for that matter.

PeterJasonMN Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Man View Post
    I agree.

Women can go to jail as quickly as men in domestic violence cases, or any case for that matter.
    Maybe jail, but for actual punishment, in MY neck of the woods that's furthest from the truth. We had a gal stab her bf in the chest with a butcher knife during a domestic and all she was sentenced to was to read some classic books and write book reports.

Yes, book reports.

Hannah87 is offline Giggidy... Giggidy..
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJasonMN View Post
    Yes, book reports.
    WOW................
    May you rest in peace Daddy and may you never hurt again. I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you again.

12/12/44- 2/26/09

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannah87 View Post
    WOW................
    they do things a little different over in Minnesoda, just talk to Peter for a few minutes and you'll realize that

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information