Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    dapples is offline Swamp Kitty
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Ghostly Info Site

Ever visited any haunted places?

http://theshadowlands.net/places/

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Cool! If I go to some of these places, do you think I could get some ghosts to answer my questions?

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Cool! If I go to some of these places, do you think I could get some ghosts to answer my questions?
    Well, if you go and start talking to yourself, at least that would account for the answers you may get.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    I have been to the Winchester Mystery House in CA....pretty cool!
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    Wow! My mother-in-law's place isn't even listed. Of all the haunted places in Washington state . . .

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Morris View Post
    Wow! My mother-in-law's place isn't even listed. Of all the haunted places in Washington state . . .
    Just because you get the creeping heebie jeebies when you go there doesn't mean it's haunted.

\\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson

Verified LEO
    You haven't met my sister's-in-law then . . .

Verified LEO
    Spokane - Law Offices - Since it has been changed to Law Offices, there has been no reports of hauntings October 2007 update: formerly listed as Patsy Clark's Restaurant is an old mansion converted into an elite restaurant. The old wine cellar is haunted by three ghost that at various times and for no reason will pick up objects, usually wine bottles and throw them across the room. Many employees witnessed this.

-- Wow, a haunted law office. Hell, if I had a case lost by my attorneys, I'd be pissed and haunting it too.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Madison MS - Episcopal Chapel of the Cross - ghost of Helen Vick still visits her fiancÚ's grave here.

We used to go here all the time when I was a kid, it's about 5 miles from here. We were there one night, looking at Helen Vick's grave when a peacock at a house nearby cried out. That's the fastest I have ever run in my life, back to the truck.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    New Jersey

West Milford - Passaic County - Clinton Rd. - This road is a scary road. It has KKK sightings, Nazi meetings, Haunted dogs, and an old lady who walks on the same side as you re driving, and a creepy castle; A little boy was walking on this road one night and a car sped fast around a sharp turn and hit him and the boy fell over a little bridge and died. They say if you throw over a penny at exactly midnight, he throws it backs to you. Creepy huh? You can read more on weirdnj.com

We used to go down this road as teens. It was scary as hell!
    We
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Detroit - Detroit Historical Museum - In the lower level of the museum, there is a stain on the floor and it smells like sulfur that seems to disappear when it is touched. Not many know about this but it is true that some workers have seen an orb in the lower level by the stain.

The lower level of that museum used to scare me when I was a child, and even when I've gone there as an adult there's something about it that kind of creeps me out.

Detroit - Majestic - magic stick - The Majestic is a theater on Woodward, It is where Harry Houdini did his final show, there is a basement below the theater that if you go down to is now a small room and a hallway that has been bricked up there has been several occasions people have seen someone coming from the basement--there is also an old mezzanine that is covered by a large drape you can hear applause and screaming coming from there. in the other part of the building there is a bowling ally(the garden bowl) and a pool hall/concert (magic stick) area above the bowling ally on several nights after all the patrons left several of us sat drinking in the garden bowl, you could hear a man yelling and running footsteps from the magic stick. thinking that someone had snuck in or stayed past closing, all of us split up and ran up the main and rear stairs not finding anyone this happened several times over the 3 years.

I used to go there periodically, I never knew it was supposed to be haunted. It's interesting that they've indicated it as the location of Houdini's last show, over the years I've read debates that it actually took place at another Detroit theater, now long gone.

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    New Jersey

West Milford - Passaic County - Clinton Rd. - This road is a scary road. It has KKK sightings, Nazi meetings, Haunted dogs, and an old lady who walks on the same side as you re driving, and a creepy castle; A little boy was walking on this road one night and a car sped fast around a sharp turn and hit him and the boy fell over a little bridge and died. They say if you throw over a penny at exactly midnight, he throws it backs to you. Creepy huh? You can read more on weirdnj.com

We used to go down this road as teens. It was scary as hell!
    We
    Beanie, have you heard of MidgetVille or whatever it is in New Jersey?

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Beanie, have you heard of MidgetVille or whatever it is in New Jersey?

As a subscriber to WeirdNJ, yes I have. I read about it a while back. I don't think it exisits any more.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    As a subscriber to WeirdNJ, yes I have. I read about it a while back. I don't think it exisits any more.
    I read about it in WeirdNJ, I was going to try and find it but I got scared.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I read about it in WeirdNJ, I was going to try and find it but I got scared.
    LOL! There is so much weird stuff in NJ. West Milford and Ringwood were the scarest places to go.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Granetville Cemetery - there has been reported sightings of a witch ghost late at night who walks through the cemetery putting flowers on little kids graves. also there has been reports of screams coming from the back of the cemetery where unmarked graves are and if you walk though and step on one the spirit of the person you step on will grab your feet. everything from gunshots to screams and laughter can be heard on cold full moon nights.
    Ok, with this place, there's a couple of people who do go and put flowers on youngster's graves, but they're hardly ghosts. They're from the local church groups. The gunshots, screams, laughter, and practical jokes come from the fact that Graniteville is just about as hicktown as you can get, and the local rednecks like to get drunk and go partying.

Holley House - This Inn was built in 1898 and is still open today. The second floor has many unusual happenings. Many unexplained noises and shadows. Housekeepers report hearing "whispers" when the floor is empty. Many times a housekeeper's cart will be at the opposite end of the hall when she returns from cleaning a room. Guests report a lady crying, sometimes screaming on occasion. Toilets flush in unoccupied rooms. Doors open and close. Many times the TV in room 225 is found on even though it has not been unoccupied. The lights in the basement mysteriously are found on.
    Used to work at this one as a front desk clerk, it's been remodeled and renamed since this was written. Pretty much everything listed can be accounted for by remembering that the place isn't in the greatest of shape, the floors are warped and the wiring isn't really dependable. It's also where the local old money will go to sleep off a good drunk attained at the bar downstairs. Women crying and sometimes screaming.. yeah, drunk women do that.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)

rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Yep, I have
    In alexandria..

Gadsbys tavern
    Brown House
    Ramsey House

In Clifton..

Bunnyman Bridge

In Dumfries (where I live)..

Weems Botts museum

All are in VA

The girlfriend LOVES ghost hunting, so we go pretty much every other weekend. We have been to places in Key West, but I cant remember the names, Amber had a blast there, I was more interested in swimming Cid, you know more about Key West than me, help me out

www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    If I go into dark abandoned areas I'm usually more afraid of being stabbed and raped by a homeless guy than being spooked by ghosts. But that's just me.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I tried to add this place to the site:

http://www.redgarter.com/

Real nice B&B, 40 miles from the Grand Canyon in Williams, AZ.
    It's on RT66 and the town is alot of fun with lots of history and charm.
    The B&B is supposed to be haunted.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information