Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

What recurring dreams do you have?

What kinds of recurring dreams do you have?

When I was a student, I often dreamed I was taking an exam on a subject I knew nothing about, or that I kept falling asleep during an exam, or that my pen ran out of ink and I couldn't find another pen while writing an essay exam. My student days are over, but I still have these dreams sometimes.

After my mother died, I often dreamed of her. Usually she was ill or wandering around lost, and I was trying to heal or find her.

I often dream that I'm on an airplane that goes someplace it shouldn't be going.

Recently I've had recurring dreams of being banned from LEF. I also dream of events and videos people post about on LEF.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Methinks you are fishing for something here....

I'm on to you Jenna!
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

HotTamale is offline Officer First Class
    I have deams that Jenna stops asking these questions, but alast she will never do that, what does that say about me......am I a bad person.
    OPD Explorer Post #2235

I never thought there was such thing as a stupid question, then I became a security officer.

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    I have dreams about me and you Jenna making babies!!!!!
    dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass
    Life is to short not to experience Lazy Fed
    ___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-
    O RLY?? YA RLY NO WAI!!!!

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I have dreams about Lazy Fed and Jenna making babies.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I have dreams about the babies that Lazy Fed and Jenna make.

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    I have dreams about buttercup dreaming about the babies that are being made by lazy fed and jenna.
    The opinions of my posts are the sole responsibilty of my employer due to the fact that they have totally and completely warped my mind.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Man, you guys sure are experts at hi-jacking a thread! Those are funny!

Back to the subject, I have a dream every now and then about a guy that died in my arms in front of his family. When I dream about it, it's an exact recurrence of what actually happened, and I wake up feeling the sense of futility that I did at the time.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    This came from a conversation among some LEOs in chat, I think.

I haven't had any recurring dreams in a while but in my earlier years on this job I had some that, according to co-workers, are pretty common among LEOs. Dreams like being in a shoot out and the trigger wont pull on your gun, bullets just fall out of the end of your barrel, bullets have no effect on a suspect that is shooting or about to shoot you. Most of them seemed to deal with equipment failure.

For some reason, if I dream at all now I dont remember doing it. As far as I know I dont dream.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    This came from a conversation among some LEOs in chat, I think.

No it's just a recuring thread
    The opinions of my posts are the sole responsibilty of my employer due to the fact that they have totally and completely warped my mind.

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    The subject of recurring dreams did come up in chat when I was there yesterday. Alright Jenna, I'll give you a serious answer.

When I was a child I had a recurring dream about being on an empty freeway by myself and running around playing while a green toy airplane hovered over me and followed me.

At another point I had nightmares about my dad going to help firefighters at a house fire and I'd wait in the car but he didn't come back before I woke up. I know exactly why I had that nightmare but I have no clue about the freeway dream. I haven't had either of those dreams in many, many years but I remember them vividly.

I don't have recurring dreams now but I often dream about the same location - a park that I've never been to in real life. In my dreams however, I've been there for various occasions and activities, sometimes alone and sometimes with different people and I know every inch of that place. No two dreams of the park have been alike, other than the fact that they take place in the park. It's very weird. If I ever see that place in real life I'll probably faint.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    When I was a child I had a recurring dream about being on an empty freeway by myself and running around playing while a green toy airplane hovered over me and followed me.
    Isn't that a Stephen King Movie?

After all these years I have not ever had one of these dreams.
    One of my guys was saying awhile back that he dreams of his gun not firing and getting shot in the neck by a bad guy. He said it's the same dream over and over. It's kinda strange we were talking about this a couple months ago at work. Maybe it is Stephen King.

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by bufford408 View Post
    Isn't that a Stephen King Movie?
    I certainly hope not because that would seriously creep me out.

I was always on a specific stretch of freeway, near where my paternal grandmother lived.

carolina is offline Master Officer
    I haven't went back and read this whole thread yet ... but I plan too.

When I was a kid ... There was a reoccurring dream that I kept having. It was about my grandmother. She would be on this camel and don't laugh! but it would throw her up in the air and I would catch her, now I really don't know why I had this dream but I did. I would have have it like three times in a row and then I'd stop for awhile ... then it would come back, and it seemed that I always had it in multiples of three for some reason, this went on for years randomly and I'd have dreams about these really strange trees.

Now, this is the kicker ... When I was about 10 my grandmother went to the Holy Land with her son, who is a Minister ... he went to the Holy Land and a different country every year, for about 10yrs.

This happened to be her first year going, and when when she got back she had a photo of her on a camel with this Arabic guy walking away from her and she looked terrified. She said she was hollering for him to come back and not leave her up there ... lol.

I begged her for that photograph, and she gave it to me about a year or two before she died ... I treasure that picture. I dunno if they are related or not but I never had the dream anymore after she got back from the Holy Land.

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. - Leo Buscaglia

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I have a recurring dream about living a hundred years ago, but knowing about the things I know now.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing there, it varies a little each time.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Quote Originally Posted by HotTamale View Post
    I have deams that Jenna stops asking these questions, but alast she will never do that, what does that say about me......am I a bad person.

No, not a bad person ... but alas ... I love Jenna's questions ... they are the really kewl one's that make you think outside the box!

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. - Leo Buscaglia

Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    I have a recurring dream about living a hundred years ago, but knowing about the things I know now.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing there, it varies a little each time.

Just think of all the $$ wisdom you could have if you can remember all that!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Those of you who dream of the babies Lazy Fed and I make, could you describe what they look like? Lazy Fed and I aren't going to make them if they look ugly in your dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post

Maybe that was the misdirected plane in my dream! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has spooky dreams!

I'm curious about LEOs' recurring dreams about the job (my question was inspired by a conversation in chat about such dreams), but I also wonder who has dreams like mine, about exams, deceased loved ones, misdirected planes, or LEF.

I guess my dream about a malfunctioning pen could be analogous to LEOs' dreams of malfunctioning guns. I've also had dreams in which I am chased and/or shot, but not dreams in which I chase or shoot others.

I've been having some vivid recurring dreams that wake me up at night and make it hard for me to go back to sleep, so I'm curious about what they could mean and what kinds of dreams others have.

Last night I dreamed my deceased mother was wandering in a garden outside a glass door facing my bed. She was young and pretty, wearing a colorful dress and flowers in her hair. I've posted about some of my dreams before:
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19870
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17145

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Dream interpretation:

http://www.dreammoods.com/

"It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I don't recall many dreams and don't think I really dream much. I only sleep about 4 hours at a shot which is why I am onlilne so much. But because of this I really don't dream often.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information