Welcome to the APBWeb.

View Poll Results: Should Anabolic steroids be made legal?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

5 23.81%
  • No.

12 57.14%
  • I don't know enough about steroids to make a decision.

4 19.05%
    nsb22 is offline Crazilicious

Should steroids be legal?

Do you think steroids should be legal. I'm talking legal for citizen use, not professional athletes?

Why or why not?

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
    -- Ambrose Redmoon

The views and postings of NSB22 are in no way shared or supported by NSB22's employers.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Who needs steroids when I'm selling jars of my saliva for only $247 - guaranteed to boost your strength and stamina or I'll give you $3.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    No.

I think they require the supervision of a medical expert, much like many other RX drugs.

I also believe they have a high potential for abuse.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    Yes.

I'm the rare one here that believes the limited legalization of drugs, particularly soft narcotics like marijuana. What one decides to put in their body should be up to them. Enforcement only enters when their consumption will lead to the injury, death or deprivation of rights of others (i.e., driving while stoned, etc.).

All sorts of prescribed medications are abused regardless whether legally obtained or not. Hell, we allow alcohol, tobbaco and chocolate (all addictive substances) and they are abused. But when I get a subject driving under the influence of a nicotine patch, cigarette, snorting shots of Jim Beam and gobbling Hershey's, you bet I'll do something about it.

Speaking of whuch, anyone see which car my sister-in-law was driving when the Jim Beam bottle slid off the top of it?

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Oddly enough, I have no issue with the decriminalization of marijuana either, but I don't believe steroids are the same league of drug.

Benoit is a good example of what I mean.

Didn't see the car though, sorry
    I'm your huckleberry...

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm going with no. I think the potential for abuse is too high, and the effects it would have when used in excess are far more dangerous than say, marijuana even.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    "Legal" as in over the counter, no. "Legal" as in use is allowed under the supervision of a doctor with a prescription, yes, but I also think that this would only increase incidents of abuse. I dont know about everybody else but it does seem to me that violent incidents do occur frequently with these abusers. I dont know enough about it to know if it's due to the drug or the mindset of the typical abuser but it does seem more frequent.
    It's probably best that it stays as is.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

PeterJasonMN Guest
    I'm voting yes just because I want to get as buff as I can with as little work as possible.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    "Legal" as in over the counter, no. "Legal" as in use is allowed under the supervision of a doctor with a prescription, yes, but I also think that this would only increase incidents of abuse. I dont know about everybody else but it does seem to me that violent incidents do occur frequently with these abusers. I dont know enough about it to know if it's due to the drug or the mindset of the typical abuser but it does seem more frequent.
    It's probably best that it stays as is.
    Under prescription, it's legal now. There are certain medical conditions that respond very well to steroids, but most of the conditions are things like asthma and skin conditions. I doubt that any reputable doctor would prescribe them for someone who is looking to bulk up.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

213th is offline Solipsist
    I don't see the need for them to be OTC. Like heroin or heroin derived medications that are used in certain circumstances, most steroids also have legitimate uses outside of excessive muscle growth for those who can't build it through hard work. While the abuse of OTC heroin or heroin derived medications would be vastly more problematic, I see OTC steroids being in their own way just as bad. I would say that if someone is stupid enough to want to take steroids in the face of all the medical complications and affects, (ball shrinkage, deteriorating joints, failing ligaments and tendons, heart problems and the list goes on) let them take it. But, if someone is that stupid they should probably be affectively removed from society and the gene pool.
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Under prescription, it's legal now. There are certain medical conditions that respond very well to steroids, but most of the conditions are things like asthma and skin conditions. I doubt that any reputable doctor would prescribe them for someone who is looking to bulk up.

Corticosteroids are legal.

I believe he was referring to anabolic steroids.

You can take all the corticosteroids you want for your skin condition, you won't bulk up.
    I'm your huckleberry...

213th is offline Solipsist
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Corticosteroids are legal.

I believe he was referring to anabolic steroids.

You can take all the corticosteroids you want for your skin condition, you won't bulk up.
    Aren't some anabolic and AAS steroids (and HgH) prescribed for medical conditions?
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    In short, NO!

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    No. With all that has happened recently, with all of the research done, I can not believe that anyone would seriously consider the legalization as a "good" thing. Peer pressure is the quickest route to abuse. I am betting that half of the boys in high school (if not more) believe that they aren't big enough. As if kids don't have enough issues today, why give them roid rage, too?
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

cashton is offline Officer First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by 213th View Post
    Aren't some anabolic and AAS steroids (and HgH) prescribed for medical conditions?
    Yes they are. Testosterone is widely prescribed for persons suffering from naturally low levels and for fertility issues and other stuff I am sure. HgH is prescribed for various reason and there are others that are used for illnesses that cause muscle wasting.

Thread Information