Welcome to the APBWeb.
    OXCOPS is offline Usual Suspect

Motorola radio accessories...

At work, we use Motorola CP200 radios. Since we are in constant contact with detainees, they often overhear radio traffic. Almost always, they will have some comment to make about what they hear, or at the very least, get distracted from what they are supposed to be doing (school, chores, etc.) to listen in.

Several of the staff use a similar setup to the one pictured below, but are having some reliability issues with them. They are an aftermarket brand, and not OEM. I have three questions.

1. Does anyone know if Motorola makes a similar setup that will withstand normal use?

2. If they do, do you know of a reliable, quality supplier (preferably online) where we could get some at a reasonable price?

3. Does anyone have any experiences with a similar setup that can offer recommendations, suggestions, etc.?

If it matters, we do not wear the transmit button/mic section down a sleeve and in the palm. It is run under the polo shirt and clipped to the front between the buttons.

Thanks!!!

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    Several of my deputies including myself use these ear pieces. They work great. We use them on the Motorola XTS 2500 digital radios. Try these guys I bet they can beat other prices if they carry them.
    http://www.baumshoe.com/servlet/StoreFront
    The opinions of my posts are the sole responsibilty of my employer due to the fact that they have totally and completely warped my mind.

I was looking at their site. Either I am Ricky Retardo and don't see anything listed, or they don't sell them online. I guess I could send them an email, or phone call. Any idea how much they cost?

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    Ask them. I bet they carry it or can get ahold on them.
    The opinions of my posts are the sole responsibilty of my employer due to the fact that they have totally and completely warped my mind.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    The problem I had with earpieces (especially in a jail environment) was every time I got into a tussle, it would pop out and I couldn't hear my radio. Something to keep in mind.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    The problem I had with earpieces (especially in a jail environment) was every time I got into a tussle, it would pop out and I couldn't hear my radio. Something to keep in mind.
    I thought about that, but we don't have alot of struggles, and when we do, the facility is small enough (40 beds spread over 4 pods) that help is literally seconds away. For example, yesterday we had a staff member call for 'all staff' to his location. Within 10 seconds, 8 guys were there. The layout allows us to have immediate response times. So, as long as I can get to the transmit button, I can at least call for help.

Currently, I am using one of the standard Moto speaker mics. It plugs in, then I run it diagonally up my back (outisde my shirt), the clip it to my shirt front near the buttons. It works fine, but is not discrete at all.

baumshoe is offline Baumshoe Law Enforcement Supply
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    We sell Ear Hugger Safety (www.ehsequipment.com) Let me know what you like and I can get you a price. Any questions PM me or email. It is not on our site yet, but look at their products and let me know

Baumshoe

Quote Originally Posted by baumshoe View Post
    We sell Ear Hugger Safety (www.ehsequipment.com) Let me know what you like and I can get you a price. Any questions PM me or email. It is not on our site yet, but look at their products and let me know

Baumshoe

Cool! PM sent. Thanks!

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    Here are a couple of suppliers who sell Motorola compatible tactical communications accessories.................

http://www.copsplus.com/radioaccessories.php

http://www.tacticalsupplyindustries.com/

http://www.policeone.com/police-prod...Communications
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Thread Information