Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Para Ordnance

semperfi508 is offline Better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Para Ordnance

to any of you that is a fan of the para ordnance company i have a uestion for you. I am in the process of buying a Big Hawg 1911 .45 acp para with max capicity 14+1 gun. i love para and have always wanted to own one, and this one is in my price range. brand new $628 plus tax. i think this is a hell of a deal and want to jump on after christmas of course. just let me know what you think. I love para and I think they are a great investment. but you know what they say you either love em or hate there are no in between.

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO

I like my Nite Tac .45 from Para. The LDA trigger is awsome in my opinion. I mostly use it for shooting competitions and IPSIC style plinking. The 14+1 cpacity is also very nice for carrying though it tends to be a heavier gun. I changed the grip and added a Wilson Combat extended slide release, but everything else is stock.

As seen in the pic above, it would make for a nice gift for yourself.

"Stupid should hurt."

cajunguy is offline I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO
    Well, as you can probably tell by my avatar, I'm in the "fan" column.

I bought the Tac-Four about three years ago after carrying nothing but S&W revolvers and autos throughout my LE career, .

Took it out of the box, light coat of oil on the moving parts, and proceeded to shoot a perfect score on the LA POST course. Didn't have time to test fire, check the sights, nothing. Just shot the course.

I have never shot a perfect course before. Always come close, but never got the cigar. Until the Para, that is.

It's my duty weapon, and I carry it every day.

I also have two of my guys in airport security that carry them, and a few other road deputies have them also.

I'm about to order the 14-45 to compliment the Tac-Four. That will be my every day gun after I get it and qualify with it.

I carry it in a Blackhawk CQC Serpa, and it is super fast coming out. I had a short pursuit a couple of weeks ago, and when I got the BG out of the car, he made a sudden move that I didn't like, and without even thinking about it, I had it out and pointed at his nose. I think I surprised myself almost as much as I surprised him. (ALMOST!)

I guess the sight of that big ol' hole in the end of the barrel convinced him that his better course of action would be to behave himself.

Anyhoo, I LOVE my Para .45. Enough that I'm getting another one.

The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"

semperfi508 is offline Better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6
    THE big hawg even with the max capacity is surprisly light only 28 ounces not loaded. not the lightest in the world but i cant carry it on duty our department all carry glock 22 .40 cal. so the para is going to be my off duty or on details gun. what are you asking for yours hannibal send me a personnal message and we will see. but its going to be hard to beat the big hawg i think that i have fallen in love with her!! my wife is jealous naturally. but i finally talked her into letting get this one after christmas and our first house payment. just bought a new house yesterday.

Thread Information