Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: WEC tonight!!!!

nsb22 is offline Crazilicious

WEC tonight!!!!

I love me some MMA.

I'll admit, I haven't been a HUGE fan of MMA but I would watch it from time to time.

Saturday I was sick so I didn't have to work. When I finally rolled out of bed I found that Spike was playing the entire season of The Ultimate Fighter all day. I became a MMA freak that day.

That being said, there is a pretty big WEC program on tonight on the Versus channel. Anyone gonna watch it?

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
    -- Ambrose Redmoon

The views and postings of NSB22 are in no way shared or supported by NSB22's employers.

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    UFC is awesome. I'm just getting into WEC which appears to be a partner company to the UFC. They have some guys crossing back and forth like Jens "Little Evil" Pulver. He left UFC to fight in the WEC because the UFC did not have a lightweight division. The lighter guys really have explosive energy. The Heavyweights bring a beat down with them but they tire out quickly. The lighter guys turn it on for the whole fight! Makes you realize that the old saying "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, but rather the fight in the dog" is pretty true.

JLK
    JLK is offline Protecting Those That Can't Protect Themselves
    Verified LEO
    ufc bought wec to expose the lower weight classes and to act as a proving ground for fighters less known fighters. is wish i had vs.

"A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for others."
    Ben

The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented
    on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you
    expecting trouble?" "No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have
    brought my rifle."
    (just stole this one hope you don't mind)

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant,
    it is just that they know so much that isn't so.
    President Ronald Reagan

Probation13-901 is offline Master Officer
    I liked it better when UFC didnt own everything. I was a huge Pride fan I think they had better fighters and better rules, but with that said I am still a huge MMA fan and I do like UFC, but I do not get the versus Chanel so that sucks.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    I'm a big fan of MMA. I watched the first ever Ultimate Fighting Championship on pay-per-view many moons ago, when Royce Gracie was kicking ass.

Right now, I'm not sure who's my favorite now. I like Chuck Lidell, and he had an incredible run, but boy did he fall from grace quickly.

Their is talk of Mark Cuban and WWE Chairman Vince McMahon starting up there own MMA company, to compete with UFC.

nsb22 is offline Crazilicious
    The only thing I don't like about WEC is some of the "wrestling" characters they have. You know who I'm talking about. They have their own tv show and they just drive around the country doing their thing, but they were rediculous outfits and makeup. Other than that I like the WEC.

That Pulver match last night was awesome! The Filho match kinda pissed me off though.

As far as my favorite fighter, I'd have to go with Tommy speer. I don't know why, but I like that guy.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
    -- Ambrose Redmoon

The views and postings of NSB22 are in no way shared or supported by NSB22's employers.

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by nsb22 View Post
    As far as my favorite fighter, I'd have to go with Tommy speer. I don't know why, but I like that guy.

HUUMMM,,, I wonder why you cornville neighbors.....

Thread Information