Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Green Tea???

djanthony1205 is offline Rookie

Green Tea???

Ok im trying to lose some weight and get ready for my physical agility exams next spring and summer and a buddy of mine that is in the nypd academy told me that all the recruits drink green tea after they eat as part of their workout to trim down/lose body fat.....has anyone heard of this and tried it?

nsb22 is offline Crazilicious
    Green tea does many things. One of them helping with weight loss. Another is helping with intestinal flauna, i think that's what it's called. Anyways, it helps with the natural bacteria that helps your stomach breakdown what you put in it and also helps keep you from getting as sick if you eat something that wasn't quite right.

I was doing the green tea extract pills, but I started taking CLA and for some reason I was having problems with the two living together in my belly.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
    -- Ambrose Redmoon

The views and postings of NSB22 are in no way shared or supported by NSB22's employers.

Probation13-901 is offline Master Officer
    Green tee is OK. I don't think it makes that much of a difference. Most energy drinks have B vitamins plus green tea. Nothing beats eating right and working you ass off.

Green tea will also help with your energy, as probie said. That was the main reason I was taking it. I was at 2 pills, three times a day. It actually helped with the energy part of it.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
    -- Ambrose Redmoon

The views and postings of NSB22 are in no way shared or supported by NSB22's employers.

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    if you do take the green tea drink make it yourself
    the store teas are all sugar.
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

trekgirl is offline Officer First Class
    The best green tea is fresh. Try to get looseleaf and brew it yourself. It has the most flavor that way. I don't know about weight loss I'm fairly skinny, but it does boost the immune system. I have a cup almost every morning...and I haven't had a cold in over 7 yrs.

Doc_Holliday is offline California Dreaming...
    there is a very scientific reason why green tea helps you lose weight...it tastes like ass covered in other peoples food, and if you drink it you will have no ability to keep solid food in your stomach. LOL
    500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are.

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
    there is a very scientific reason why green tea helps you lose weight...it tastes like ass covered in other peoples food, and if you drink it you will have no ability to keep solid food in your stomach. LOL

LMAO
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    I read an article on that a few years ago in Men's Health. It is true, according to them. I remember that they also said you should drink it ice cold too so your body burns calories to warm your body up too.

Just don't drink too much or you'll end up looking like my Christmas avatar.

"Stupid should hurt."

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I'm all for herbal stuff, but green teas weight loss/energy aspects come from caffeine and because it's a diuretic. I drink green tea because I like it, but don't have any illusions about it working miracles.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Probation13-901 View Post
    Nothing beats eating right and working you ass off.
    word to that
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    I agree, green tea does taste like rotton ass, but i heard it is also good for you.

I make a pitcher of tea every morning. I use splenda instead of real sugar. ( takes a little time to get used to)
    Im sure something will be wrong with splenda before you know it.
    Everytime i get to liking somthing, it ends up hitting the news that it either had lead, mercury, whatever in it.
    In a nutshell, nothings good for you anymore.
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Kinda like the study that just came out saying red meat causes cancer. Someday, everything is going to be labled as causing cancer. Even oxygen.

-- Ambrose Redmoon

trekgirl is offline Officer First Class
    Green tea tastes like ass? Where have you people been buying your tea? LOL!!!

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    [quote=wacopnewbie;296759]The best green tea is fresh. Try to get looseleaf and brew it yourself. It has the most flavor that way. I don't know about weight loss I'm fairly skinny, but it does boost the immune system. I have a cup almost every morning...and I haven't had a cold in over 7 yrs.[/quote]

Seriously??? Wow....i need to try that then.
    I am on day 2 of a horrific cold.....i am desperate to kick this sore throat and cough
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by k-9max View Post
    Im sure something will be wrong with splenda before you know it.
    Observational evidence shows that there are side effects of Splenda, including skin rashes/flushing, panic-like agitation, dizziness and numbness, diarrhea, muscle aches, headaches, intestinal cramping, bladder issues, and stomach pain.

suellen446 is offline Officer First Class
    webb city, missouri - that is in the extreme southwest corner of the state
    well i think that green tea is just nasty, but my husband loves it
    dispatcher

Yogurt109 is offline Jester
    I am not a fan of green tea but if it helps fight colds damn I might just start to drink it anyway

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    New Study!!

Scientists at the National Center for the Advancement of Useless Informational Research and Federal Funding Pander Pool have published the results of their recent study, which they claim overwhelmingly prove that living (also known as the syndrome, vivo) invariably produces a complex condition called "age."

Age, a condition closely linked to a reduction in the metabolic rate for animate organisms, frequent aches and symptomatic localized atrophy, Alzheimer's disease, genital paralysis, and even death, has thus far been found untreatable by medical science, and is considered the most fatal of all illnesses known. Thus far, it appears that age affects the vast majority of humans who do not acquire early-onset death through tragedy or stupidity.

In a press conference, the Center's Director, Dr. Iman Putjabinya released the results of the federally subsidized multi-million dollar study project, and graciously thanked the American people for their support for the Center and his new Bugatti Veyron.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Observational evidence shows that there are side effects of Splenda, including skin rashes/flushing, panic-like agitation, dizziness and numbness, diarrhea, muscle aches, headaches, intestinal cramping, bladder issues, and stomach pain.
    Who would have thought?
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information