Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1
    PapaBear's Avatar
    PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    Join Date
    09-26-07
    Posts
    1,239
    Rep Power
    285239

    Its Not For Winter!

    At about 7:20 this morning I was reading the papers and listening to the news as Mrs Bear was showering and doing her morning activities when she went into the garage and came back into the house carrying her purse. I gently inquired what she was doing and was told "I am changing purses!" Now, mind you, she has about ten or twelve purses, but the one she was carrying is a very pretty, tan colored (natural) and rather large - she likes the big ones from "Dooney and Burke"

    About twenty minutes later, she went into the garage with a dark brown purse. When I mentioned it again, she replied the color is not proper for the winter. You cannot carry a light purse when it is this season, it has to be dark!

    My reply was WTF cares what color your purse is and she replied "I do!"

    Guess I will have to get another colored badge case for the seasons!
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]


  2. #2
    Pudge's Avatar
    Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    12-04-05
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    10,320
    Rep Power
    8591417
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    At about 7:20 this morning I was reading the papers and listening to the news as Mrs Bear was showering and doing her morning activities when she went into the garage and came back into the house carrying her purse. I gently inquired what she was doing and was told "I am changing purses!" Now, mind you, she has about ten or twelve purses, but the one she was carrying is a very pretty, tan colored (natural) and rather large - she likes the big ones from "Dooney and Burke"

    About twenty minutes later, she went into the garage with a dark brown purse. When I mentioned it again, she replied the color is not proper for the winter. You cannot carry a light purse when it is this season, it has to be dark!

    My reply was WTF cares what color your purse is and she replied "I do!"

    Guess I will have to get another colored badge case for the seasons!
    Everyone knows you can't use white or other light colors after Labor Day PapeBear, c'mon!!
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

    Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

    www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

    The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

  3. #3
    conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    05-16-06
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,406
    Rep Power
    4019285
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post
    Everyone knows you can't use white or other light colors after Labor Day PapeBear, c'mon!!
    Gay.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

  4. #4
    JLK's Avatar
    JLK
    JLK is offline Protecting Those That Can't Protect Themselves
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    06-23-06
    Location
    memphis
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    1388294
    just smile and nod. it will never make sense.


    "A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for others."
    Ben

    The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented
    on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you
    expecting trouble?" "No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have
    brought my rifle."
    (just stole this one hope you don't mind)


    The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant,
    it is just that they know so much that isn't so.
    President Ronald Reagan



  5. #5
    Ducky's Avatar
    Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Join Date
    12-05-05
    Location
    Handbasket, enroute to somewhere hot.
    Posts
    11,108
    Rep Power
    7439165
    Hence my purse is always - ALWAYS - black. Screw it, I can't be bothered with style, and the only reason I carry one at all is because everyone always asks ME for stuff.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q


  6. #6
    CTR man's Avatar
    CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Join Date
    05-20-06
    Location
    Ceres, CA
    Posts
    4,965
    Rep Power
    1169036
    hahaha, my wife (Kittylynn) does not even carry a purse. She carries a wallet just like a man would. She has all she needs there. No use for makeup, she says she doesn't need any. Allergic to most kinds, anyway. What she is able to use is ultra expensive. She is not a fussy person at all but is comfortable with herself.


    Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

    Not a LEO

    In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.









  7. #7
    bufford408's Avatar
    bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    Join Date
    06-13-06
    Location
    R kin saw
    Posts
    948
    Rep Power
    268874
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    hahaha, my wife (Kittylynn) does not even carry a purse. She carries a wallet just like a man would. She has all she needs there. No use for makeup, she says she doesn't need any. Allergic to most kinds, anyway. What she is able to use is ultra expensive. She is not a fussy person at all but is comfortable with herself.

    The opinions of my posts are the sole responsibilty of my employer due to the fact that they have totally and completely warped my mind.



    .

  8. #8
    Just KC's Avatar
    Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    Join Date
    06-07-06
    Location
    Ca
    Posts
    2,403
    Rep Power
    470209
    I have to agree with your wife, PapaBear.....
    **********************
    ~Karie

    "I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

  9. #9
    CTR man's Avatar
    CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Join Date
    05-20-06
    Location
    Ceres, CA
    Posts
    4,965
    Rep Power
    1169036
    Quote Originally Posted by bufford408 View Post

    yeah, in her back pocket. Albeit not bulging like some of us guys are guilty of carrying. I know what some of you are thinking but she is not that way to my knowledge.


    Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

    Not a LEO

    In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.









  10. #10
    armsmaster270's Avatar
    armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    08-11-07
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    2,441
    Rep Power
    369108
    Get a mauve badge you can use it in the bay area.


    Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

    http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

  11. #11
    CTR man's Avatar
    CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Join Date
    05-20-06
    Location
    Ceres, CA
    Posts
    4,965
    Rep Power
    1169036
    I thought all pastel colors worked in the rainbow.


    Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

    Not a LEO

    In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.









  12. #12
    Hannah87's Avatar
    Hannah87 is offline Giggidy... Giggidy..
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    07-26-07
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    843
    Rep Power
    111427
    I always carry a dark purse during the fall/winter.. and a lighter or colored purse in the summer/spring.

    I guess it's a female thing. Not all females. but, some.

    Your wife also has good taste D & B is good
    May you rest in peace Daddy and may you never hurt again. I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you again.

    12/12/44- 2/26/09

  13. #13
    countybear's Avatar
    countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    01-18-07
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,512
    Rep Power
    4611628
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Hence my purse is always - ALWAYS - black. Screw it, I can't be bothered with style, and the only reason I carry one at all is because everyone always asks ME for stuff.
    Goth

    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

    Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

    The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

  14. #14
    PapaBear's Avatar
    PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    Join Date
    09-26-07
    Posts
    1,239
    Rep Power
    285239
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    yeah, in her back pocket. Albeit not bulging like some of us guys are guilty of carrying. I know what some of you are thinking but she is not that way to my knowledge.
    Funny, but what you think I am thinking has nothing to do with him- er, ah, her; but, with you sthweetie!
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]


  15. #15
    Jenna's Avatar
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    06-11-06
    Posts
    24,374
    Rep Power
    4817857
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Hence my purse is always - ALWAYS - black.
    +1

  16. #16
    kay88's Avatar
    kay88 is offline Sergeant
    Join Date
    09-28-06
    Location
    New Ulm, MN
    Posts
    1,689
    Rep Power
    60408
    I carry one in the summer, but not so much in the winter. Everything I need is in my coat pockets so I have no need for a purse. I don't follow any of the fashion "rules" because frankly I just don't care. I'd be perfectly happy in jeans and a t-shirt or sweatshirt. Regardless of style.
    Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

  17. #17
    CTR man's Avatar
    CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Join Date
    05-20-06
    Location
    Ceres, CA
    Posts
    4,965
    Rep Power
    1169036
    Quote Originally Posted by kay88 View Post
    I carry one in the summer, but not so much in the winter. Everything I need is in my coat pockets so I have no need for a purse. I don't follow any of the fashion "rules" because frankly I just don't care. I'd be perfectly happy in jeans and a t-shirt or sweatshirt. Regardless of style.
    Exactly my wifes preferred mode of attire. Go for what is comfortable.


    Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

    Not a LEO

    In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.









  18. #18
    k-9max's Avatar
    k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    12-21-06
    Location
    Gods Country
    Posts
    3,427
    Rep Power
    686041
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    hahaha, my wife (Kittylynn) does not even carry a purse. She carries a wallet just like a man would. She has all she needs there. No use for makeup, she says she doesn't need any. Allergic to most kinds, anyway. What she is able to use is ultra sensitive condoms. She is not a fuzzy person at all but is comfortable with herself.


    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

    Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

    As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

  19. #19
    Lo523's Avatar
    Lo523 is offline Master Officer
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Join Date
    04-16-06
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,353
    Rep Power
    2919842
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Hence my purse is always - ALWAYS - black.
    + 2
    Never approach a bull by the front, a horse from behind, or an idiot from any direction.

  20. #20
    Buttercup's Avatar
    Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Join Date
    04-29-06
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    18,093
    Rep Power
    4329091
    I admit it, I do not carry a light-colored purse in the winter.




 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •