Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

bonehead moves...

what have you pulled and got LUCKY on?

i was dropping a few people off at Detroit Metro Airport a few years ago, and we were naturally in a hurry.

i walked them in the airport, hung out for about 30 or 40 minutes, then they left and i left.

i had just gotten a brand new car, and was walking back out and said, "oh shit, i lost my keys!" then i realized the car was running...and unlocked...in the parking lot

i'm either REALLY lucky it didn't get stolen, or everybody who walked by it said, "no way, thats a bait car!"

gwebb1981 is offline Officer First Class
    Dang... you did get lucky!
    There is a show on some channel called "Bait Cars". I thought it was pretty funny how they set the cars out on the street to catch crooks. Rushing to the airport does sound like something they would try.
    Glad for you it didn't get stolen!!!

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    In Detroit? You were very lucky! Whew!
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Doc_Holliday is offline California Dreaming...
    Well...lets see....I used a metal file to try to pry a burnt out fuse out of a 480v bus duct at a CNC company.....made LOTS of pretty sparks
    500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    In Detroit? You were very lucky! Whew!

well technically the airport is outside of Detroit, but i figure i was lucky damn near anywhere, good neighborhood or bad.

my favorite is that Cincinnati airport is....in....Kentucky

nsb22 is offline Crazilicious
    Started drinking lemonad and vodka the other night. Got half way through the bottle of vodka when I realized I had ran out of lemonade. Decided to drive to the store to get more lemonade.

Got away with that one.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
    -- Ambrose Redmoon

The views and postings of NSB22 are in no way shared or supported by NSB22's employers.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nsb22 View Post
    Started drinking lemonad and vodka the other night. Got half way through the bottle of vodka when I realized I had ran out of lemonade. Decided to drive to the store to get more lemonade.

Got away with that one.

I really hope you are joking.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

CW Mock is offline Trooper
    Verified LEO
    I would like to hope he is.
    "I have an open door policy on tickets ... if I have to open my door, you are getting a ticket. If I turn on those lights, somebody has to pay the electric bill."

The opinions given in my posts and comments
    DO NOT reflect any of the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "CW Mock" on LEF/Officer Resource.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I walked into a forest, without a cell phone, food, water, or any camping supplies or experience, thinking that if I walked for about a mile on a hiking trail, I would end up on a road on the other side of the forest (based on a map I got off the internet). I got lost and wandered around for about 5 hours, including 2 hours after the sun set, before I managed to retrace my steps and get back out of the forest. I never did find the road on the other side; I think the internet map was wrong.

hush29 is offline Corporal
    LOL!! I've kinda been there Jenna, i wasn't lost for that long though. The Black Hills are very easy to get lost in.
    It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I poured some spaghetti noodles into a strainer once..... while holding the strainer at the bottom in the palm of my hand. Boiling water went right through. I have no clue where that brain cramp came from.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    On a two lane one way road I made not one but two left turns from the right lane without looking in the same night. duh.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    When I still lived in a suburb of Detroit I was coming home very late one night and just enough freezing rain and snow had fallen to make the roads quite slippery. I was on a curved divided road (Providence Dr, for those of you who know), I was in a new car, I hadn't read the user manual, and I thought it would be a good idea with those road conditions to push the "ABS" button. What I didn't realize until a few minutes later is that I'd actually deactivated the antilock brakes.

Fortunately there was no one on the road and I was driving slowly, so when I spun out I thankfully didn't hit anything or anyone.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I walked into a forest, without a cell phone, food, water, or any camping supplies or experience, thinking that if I walked for about a mile on a hiking trail, I would end up on a road on the other side of the forest (based on a map I got off the internet). I got lost and wandered around for about 5 hours, including 2 hours after the sun set, before I managed to retrace my steps and get back out of the forest. I never did find the road on the other side; I think the internet map was wrong.

HAD to of been a mapquest map.

I could ask for directions to my neighbors house (right next door, in the city) and it would involve 8 right turns, 3 left turns, and a toll booth.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nsb22 View Post

Got away with that one.

Dude....bout time for a punch line to this one. I really hope you weren't serious.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    As for one of my many boneheaded moves.

I used to work for an electrial appliance dealer doing delivery/installation. We had a contract deal for a new subdivision and had been installing all the appliances in all the houses. We were damn near done on a Friday and busting ass to get out of there before dark, I go to install a dryer and can't find any dryer cords. Run out to the truck, find one, but didn't know if it would fit. Rather than just comparing, I plug it in the damn outlet.....without hooking it to the dryer first. I bout had to change my pants!
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Made a traffic stop one day and as I got out of my car I recognised from the rear that it was an officer from another shift (probably going home) so as I walked up on the car I said "Alright assho** where's the fuc*ing fire, Give me your license." and then this gentleman I never met said "yes officer" and handed me his DL. I think Awwwwww Sheeet and look at his license and say Mr ------ If I let you go do you think you can slow it down. He said yes he got his DL and I split. Never did that again.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by armsmaster270 View Post
    Made a traffic stop one day and as I got out of my car I recognised from the rear that it was an officer from another shift (probably going home) so as I walked up on the car I said "Alright assho** where's the fuc*ing fire, Give me your license." and then this gentleman I never met said "yes officer" and handed me his DL. I think Awwwwww Sheeet and look at his license and say Mr ------ If I let you go do you think you can slow it down. He said yes he got his DL and I split. Never did that again.
    thats beautiful!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    HAD to of been a mapquest map.

I could ask for directions to my neighbors house (right next door, in the city) and it would involve 8 right turns, 3 left turns, and a toll booth.

Yup, it was mapquest. This was in the days before Google Earth and Google Maps.

hush29 is offline Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by armsmaster270 View Post
    That is priceless!
    It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information