Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Illiy is offline Corporal

Live Pursuit....

Gotta love LA...

Live pursuit in LA.... man with sawed off shot-gun leading SoCal law enforcement on 2 hour pursuit...

Live on MYFOXLA.com

There are at least 12 marked units behind this guy w/two armored swat trucks ...

Very crazy....

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

These things always draw out the stupid people who stand on the over-passes...

This is actually heading right towards me... nope... he just got off the freeway...

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Kind of slow, acts like he doesnt care if he gets away or not.
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

He has gone very fast... then very slow... its past the two hour point now... the canyon he is in now is dangerous!!!

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Hope whatever is going to happen happens before it gets too dark/cloudy.

If I remember that canyon correctly it dead-ends at a shooting range... or very close to it... those turns are scary at a regular speed...

HAHAHA.... damn!!!

What a waste of a nice car....

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiy View Post
    If I remember that canyon correctly it dead-ends at a shooting range

Excellent

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Heh, heh, heh. Dang that hurts, dont it?

vicat777 is offline Gang Detective/SWAT Sniper
    Another win for the good side!!!
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

hush29 is offline Corporal
    I hope he's in a world of pain right now.
    It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

hush29 is offline Corporal
    Cidp24 and Illiy, thanks for the link.
    It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    The way he was wobbling around I think he is (or very drunk). I loved it when he thought about going over the guardrail, then saw that it was a LLLOOOONNNGGG way to the bottom.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by hush29 View Post
    Cidp24 and Illiy, thanks for the link.
    Yep, thanks Illiy!

No prob! I watched for a while before I posted to make sure it was going to last!

I haven't seen a good pursuit in a while... That was a nasty crash! Lucky there weren't any other cars... Can't wait to hear the full story...

k2.rocky is offline Officer First Class
    I'd get fired if I let a pursuit last for two hours! I guess we do stuff different in Oklahoma?
    "When you stop learning, you deny yourself the opportunity to grow." ~TDSA Tulsa~
    www.tdsatulsa.com

"Anyone who gets in a fair fight…..has no tactical skills"

"We're entirely surrounded, those poor bastards. They've got us right where we want 'em. We can shoot in every direction now." ~General Chesty Puller~

"I firmly believe that you live and learn, and if you don't learn from past mistakes, then you need to be drug out and shot." ~R. Lee Ermy~

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Does anyone else consider it more than a coincidence that the area where the most high-speed pursuits are covered by live news is the same area that has the highest frequency of high-speed pursuits?

Drop the live media coverage, I'll bet the frequency of pursuits will decrease as well.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    Does anyone else consider it more than a coincidence that the area where the most high-speed pursuits are covered by live news is the same area that has the highest frequency of high-speed pursuits?

Drop the live media coverage, I'll bet the frequency of pursuits will decrease as well.
    It will never change out here... granted... I was glad it was on yesterday, I knew exactly where to stay away from as it wasn't too far from me...

They usually do not pick them up unless they have been on for almost an hour or so or if they are being extremely reckless.

Your point is one that is discussed often of (all places on the news)... I have to say that the pursuits have decreased quite a bit (televised ones anyway) since the laws changed a few years ago (can't remember the exact change) but there are far more pursuits then are televised.

Thats SoCal for you... tabloids have tv shows and criminals get the spot light...

k2.rocky is offline Officer First Class
    Are you guys not allowed to TVI people down there. I always see stuff on tv where CHP will TVI a pursuit but they are the only agency out that way that I see doing it. Around here, at any point a pursuit becomes a danger to the public, we TVI or take other aggressive steps to end the pursuit.
    "When you stop learning, you deny yourself the opportunity to grow." ~TDSA Tulsa~
    www.tdsatulsa.com

"Anyone who gets in a fair fight…..has no tactical skills"

"We're entirely surrounded, those poor bastards. They've got us right where we want 'em. We can shoot in every direction now." ~General Chesty Puller~

"I firmly believe that you live and learn, and if you don't learn from past mistakes, then you need to be drug out and shot." ~R. Lee Ermy~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information