Welcome to the APBWeb.
    jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

LEF Storm Watch - 2007

Tommorrow I am supposed to travel to the Twin Cities (Minneapolis-St. Paul) to meet with a buddy from college. About 90% of my travel will be through areas that are currently, about to be, or will be snowed on.

What are travel conditions where you are (if you have had this winter storm roll through your area)

Can you let me know if it's worth making the 2 hour trip, or should I not due to road conditions? I'm hoping the road conditions where you are will be a good gauge for the road conditions where I'm at...
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

hush29 is offline Corporal
    I haven't watched the weather for about a day and a half, so i dunno what ur gonna get for weather. If it's anything like we had in western SD, be careful. Hundreds and hundreds of accidents and people stranded in only a 60 mile stretch. I hope u get wherever u are goin safely. Godspeed!
    It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Depends on how bad you want to hook up with him I guess.

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Depends on how bad you want to hook up with him I guess.
    Hahahhhahhhahahahhahaha
    dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass
    Life is to short not to experience Lazy Fed
    ___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-
    O RLY?? YA RLY NO WAI!!!!

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    You bastards have been NO help!

No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    Your from MN it shouldnt matter what the weather is like. Snow or not you should go, you need to be able to tell your friends and family how you traveled in the storm and it took you 10 hours to drive someplace. I thought that it was common knowledge that in MN when there is a huge storm you have to drive around like an idiot and get stuck and then look at the cop as he says "well i can call ya a tow" and think to yourself "man he should help me push or something" ...... maybe its just were i work

This storm is heading my way. I'm afraided now.
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    jmur, are you seriously afraid to drive somewhere in MN because of snow? Grow a pair and get on the road!

I have no clue what the road conditions are like up there because I'm down in IL for Christmas. Like BEK said, you're in MN, so snow conditions don't matter.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Doc_Holliday is offline California Dreaming...
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn2009 View Post
    This storm is heading my way. I'm afraided now.
    Awww....Autumns just looking to be held.
    500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are.

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Hmm, if there's really a storm coming through, my job is gonna be easy tonight. Better bring some books I think
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gopherpuckfan View Post
    jmur, are you seriously afraid to drive somewhere in MN because of snow? Grow a pair and get on the road!

I have no clue what the road conditions are like up there because I'm down in IL for Christmas. Like BEK said, you're in MN, so snow conditions don't matter.
    I am NOT afraid to drive in the snow, fuggers.

The issue is TIME. He wasn't even going to be home until 1400 hours, so (normal driving time) I'd leave around 1230. And I'd have to come back tommorrow BY 1400 hours for Christmas. I'm not going to drive a typically 2 hour drive in....I'm thinking it would take about 5 hours, basically get there, chat awhile, go to bed, wake up and come straight back, for another 4,5 hour drive.

I opted not to go. It's not worth it for the short amount of time I'd have ended up being up there.

bastards.

I drove through a drift in my truck today that was up to my side view mirrors! I ain't skeered!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
    Awww....Autumns just looking to be held.
    Well actually I'm game. Lol.
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

Thread Information