Welcome to the APBWeb.
    PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired

Do Any Of You Remember The 60s?

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

ghost98 is offline BEEN THERE BUT NOT EVERYWHERE
    very very very little... but it was a great video

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Yep....I was there. Spent a good portion of it in the Army so I missed a lot of the bullshit dope culture but I still move to those old sounds. Got married in 69 and still together. Never did drugs and when I went for my background in 70, the captain who was doing them didn't believe me. After all, I was a vet, wasn't I? High school sucked, never got to dance with the girl I had a huge crush on and missed all of my reunions due to somebody getting killed at the wrong time. I remember it ALL!!!

Thanks for the great post!!!

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

CW Mock is offline Trooper
    Verified LEO
    The 60s?!

Yeah! I read about them in a book once, or maybe saw the display at the museum ...

Listen to the music a lot though. Maybe because it still sounds like English, and isn't about hoes, axing questions, rolling blunts, or shooting people all the time. It also doesn't seem as emo as rock music now either.

Thanks
    "I have an open door policy on tickets ... if I have to open my door, you are getting a ticket. If I turn on those lights, somebody has to pay the electric bill."

The opinions given in my posts and comments
    DO NOT reflect any of the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "CW Mock" on LEF/Officer Resource.

ManImBored is offline Ninja In Training
    Verified LEO
    My parents were born in the 60's. So no, I dont remember them.
    "Sometimes doing the right thing, is not doing the right thing."

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I was born in the 60's. Does that count? I remember the Apollo moon landing. Watched it on TV. I was a baby during the Watts riots, and living in Los Angeles. Inglewood to be exact. My dad had to drive through it all to go to work. They never bothered him, but others weren't so lucky.

I still remember a lot from that site though.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Hey,I grew up in the 60s',and am told that I enjoyed the hell out of them

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Interesting clips. I wasn't alive in the 1960s, but I've read in history books that it was a time of violence, war, assassinations, protests, and civil and political turmoil in the US and in many other countries. So it's amazing that these clips present the 60s as a "simpler time"! I guess history is in the eye of the beholder.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I remember the 60's and it wasn't always a good time. I remember my brother being in the Army and me being terrified that he was going to go to Vietnam and get killed. I remember the Cuban Missile Crisis, and going to sleep afraid that the world was going to be destroyed. I remember the Kennedy assasinations, MLK assassination, the anti-war riots, and the first man on the moon. I also remember it as a time when Mom and Dad were alive, my Grandparents were alive, and all of my aunts and uncles were alive. It was the time of my youth, and a time of innocence for me.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Interesting clips. I wasn't alive in the 1960s, but I've read in history books that it was a time of violence, war, assassinations, protests, and civil and political turmoil in the US and in many other countries. So it's amazing that these clips present the 60s as a "simpler time"! I guess history is in the eye of the beholder.
    Gee,I like to remember hippies,and free love,being able to have a partner for a night and not worrying that you were going to die.Beach Boy songs at the beach,with girls in bikinis that at least left a little to the immagination,buying beer with a fake i.d. and when you got caught the cop kicked you in the ass took your beer and tried to figure out where you would be the next night,cause he needed more for his party.

Cruising the "strip" in your "rod" even if it was a 1963 Ford Falcon,going from Hoppers drive in,down the main drag a coupla miles to the Frostop drive in and back again all night on Saturday (at .30cents a gallon),AND if you were lucky getting a parking spot in one and backing your rod in and "holding court" all night for the cost of a .25 soft drink that you would spice up,usually with something from dads' liquor cabinet.

When you were broke ,you could go to the local hi school or rec center to a sock hop and be kissing somebody within the hour,usual cost about 50 cents,to help pay for the live band.

A drive by was when you passed your exs' house to see if she(he) went out that night,a "hit" was when someone handed you a "left handed" cigarette(that was being shared by a dozen people,and more often than not was home grown),and you felt stoned.

Sitting around listening to Sgt.Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band,with a black light on the poster on the wall was risque.Especially with that stereo that you had to open up and seperate the other speaker ,that doubled as the lid,and move it 6' away for that stereo sound.

Believe me,I could go on and on ,and I am sure some feel I have.
    WAR,yes,we have all had our wars,EVERY generation,whether it be WWII,Korea,Viet Nam,etc.I personally would love to forget the beginnings of the 70s'(that was my military time),but instead of dwelling on that negative aspect,I prefer thinking about the time that brought me to that point.

Merry Christmas all,and tonight,while you wait for Santa,and lay snug in your bed,say a prayer for our troops,I KNOW,what they are doing,they are remembering THEIR fun times,and not dwelling

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I wasn't born until 62 but I remember the late 60s. I had an older sister at home and I remember her music, big hair, "hippy" looking friends. I also remember believing that when you got old enough you had to go to Vietnam. I still remember the news stories on TV from there.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Thread Information