Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pranks...

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Pranks...

what have you pulled, and whats been pulled on you?

when i was still a fetus, my parents pulled a good one on my Aunt and Uncle. this was back in the day when if ONE bulb went out on the Christmas lights, the whole strand died.

the parents were over their house a week or two before Christmas, left after a night of visiting, and my Dad snuck back and pulled ONE bulb from every strand that my Uncle had been out decorating for hours with.

my Uncle was talking to him a few days later and went on a rant about the damn kids that stole his bulbs, and how he was out for two hours finding the lost bulbs and replacing them. he was SERIOUSLY pissed.

so my parents gave them a small box for Christmas, and when my Aunt opened it and saw the bulbs, they took a picture of her face...we still have that picture

---------------------

My Dad's best friend lives across the country. years ago, he had showed up for a visit, about 10 minutes before my Dad got home from work. It was a nice summer day, back when people actually hung out in their yards with the families. My Dad pulls up, and his friend runs to the door, drops his pants, and then runs out of the house pretending to try and pull them up as he makes his way to his car (i deny any knowledge of pulling that prank myself).

---------------------

same friend mentioned above. my Dad and him worked at a grocery store together many years ago. his friend (Ron) would pick up the phone and get on the PA, breath heavily a couple times, then hang up. everybody who worked there wondered who it was, and some of the regular customers mentioned it also.

eventually, the store manager pinpoints who it is by scheduling, when it happens, who is there, who's not, etc. etc. he calls Ron up to the office and fires him for the entire store to hear, he is just screaming.

my Dad hears, "you're fucking fired, get out now!" ...and picks up the phone, breathes heavy into it a couple times, and hangs it up.

then the whole store hears, "never fucking mind, go back to work!"

-----------------

i have a couple more that i'll post when they come to mind, but those are some funny stuff, imo

kcnuke is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Old post, but I thought I'd bring it back to life after today.

Today, just before shift briefing, I was in the bathroom stall when suddenly the lights went dark, and of course I don't have my duty belt on just yet, it is still in my locker so no flashlight. So I'm sitting there on the pot and having the runs of all things, no light, no ambient light. There were 2 people in the bathroom before I went in, and of the two, I knew who did it, a complete prankster.

today was just not my day to get pranked, I had absolutely no sense of humor. Later on in the day the same individual said a smart ass remark and I just blew up on him in front of about 3 new hires. I don't think he expected that at all and I kinda made him look stupid, really stupid. I normally don't do that especially in front of new hires. I feel all better now, even though I'm still pissed from him for putting water in my hardhat a week earlier. I wish I worked with grownups

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    That last story is great Ender.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

IMachU is offline First Class Private
    Verified LEO
    This one only works at night, and takes a little prep work.

Get one of those "party poppers." You know, the kind where you pull a string and it pops and confetti and streamers fly out. Put black electrical tape around the body of it to conceal the color and make it hard to spot at night. Tie a long string to the smaller factory-installed trigger-string, and use a black marker to color the string black. Now, use more electrical tape to tape it to a spot inside the car of the intended target, with the bottom pointed toward the door (use the marker to color the bottom cardboard black also for concealment). close the driver door. Now get in through the passenger door and tie the string to the inside door handle, exit and lock the car. Obtain a goof OP and watch. A video camera works better (I wish I used a camera).

Oh, and I have never done this, regardless if this prank has been pulled before....uh, yeah.....

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Many, many years ago, in a patrol district far, far away, a famous prankster threw a flashbang into the toilet stall of a famously grumpy sergeant who was taking the dump of a lifetime. He took such a dump at exactly the same time each shift.

After spending quite some time cleaning up after himself, this grumpy sergeant went to his locker and got six blanks for his .357. He stormed out into the precinct hallway and screamed the name of the prankster (who, along with many others, was waiting to see what would happen). The prankster stepped out of the sergeants office and was met with hail of gunfire.

Needless to say, the prankster never again screwed with the grumpy sergeant....and I laughed my ass off for two days.

I was there and it was a thing of beauty.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Were you the grumpy sergeant or the flashbanger?
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Thats what I wanted to know also.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    In the previous building we had, there was only one toilet in the locker room and it was in high demand after lunch. Some prankster took a pair of boots, a couple of pieces of wood to simulate legs, and some pants. They made it appear that the toilet was occupied when you looked at the opening beneath the stall wall. There was some miserable people waiting for the stall to clear. They let the prank go on for a couple of hours.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    Seems we had an officer who was notorious for pranking folks. I mean, one time, he field stripped a handgun and froze all of the parts in a block of ice. He pranked me while I was on probation with my lateral agency, causing me to be late.

He was getting ready to go federal. At that time, the officers had lockers secured by padlocks of all types. His happened to be a combo. Well, he was going to be gone for three day. So, in a flash of brillance, his lock mystiously became encased in a ball of spray foam, the expanding stuff, one whole can worth. Easy to cut through with the ole knife, right? Wrong. Kind of had to cust through the massive ball of foam when you have about 20 paperclips straightened and placed at all odd angles in the foam, hardening inside. Three days to cure.

He was 30 minutes late to roll call, red faced and a cloud over his head . . . no more pranks after that.
    -----------------------------------------
    The we had a dispatcher who sometimes had difficulty pronouncing certain car names. Volvo could never sound like "voll-voh." It clearly sounded like "vulva." So imagine bored cops spending the entire shift running every Volvo plated car they could find . . .
    -----------------------------------------
    There was a former officer who was so anal retentive about cleanliness and a clean patrol car that he's shit diamonds as he washed, waxed and armor-all'd his patrol car EVERY STINKING SHIFT. You'd get tired jumping into the patrol car and sliding under the dash because the floorboards were armor all'd and slicker than whale poop. Anyway, said officer had his Ford Ranger pickup spotless. Hell, you could have eaten off the hood daily. Anyway, he made the mistake of leaving his car parked at the station and leaving his keys with the dispatch center. Imagine him coming back a week later to find the cab of the truck filled to bursting with strips and crosscut and confetti shredded paper . . . he cried for weeks. It took him a month to get every last bit vacuumed out of the car.

That's just a few to get started with.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Morris, that one with the spray foam is a definite must-try. Not by me of course, but I will put the idea into the head of some others who have a bit of seniority at my new PD.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Verified LEO
    Oh, it works GREAT!

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Neither, Grasshopper....neither. However I MAY have been an instigator....at some point...the details are hazy.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    Needless to say, the prankster never again screwed with the grumpy sergeant....and I laughed my ass off for two days.

I was there and it was a thing of beauty.

Car 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    Neither, Grasshopper....neither. However I MAY have been an instigator....at some point...the details are hazy.

Car 4
    Do you mean to say that you came up with the idea? It's ok if you plead the fifth.

Just the thought of that prankster getting caught and pwned is cracking me up. I bet he had to go home and change his pants after being "shot" at.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    When I was in the Navy I had a friend of mine who was was married and lived off base. He worked days and always changed into civilian clothes prior to going home. I was the night shift supervisor and one night I noticed that "Dan" foolishly wasn't securing his locker with a lock. I guess since all he had in the locker was his uniforms there was no need. "Dan" had a tendency to be on the chubby side and the command was always on his ass about meeting physical fitness standards. Having been presented with a golden opportunity for mischief I couldn't resist. Anybody who was in the military will be familar with military style web belts with the easy to adjust metal belt buckles. Every other night I would cut about a quarter inch off the belt and watched with amusement as "Dan" would come in the next morning to relief me. In about a week and a half he was having real problems buckling his belt on his work uniform. I even made a comment about him needing to stay away from the Roberto's burritos when I "happened" to notice his struggles. He started bringing in salads for his lunch. It got to the point where he bought a new belt , but I kept on sniping away. Eventually I rotated out of the command to shore duty at Topgun. One day I ran across "Dan" at the Navy Exchange on his base when I was visiting. I took him to lunch and I noticed he didn't order a salad and made comment on it. He told me he had finally got his weight problem under control. I couldn't take it anymore & broke down and admitted that I had been screwing around with his belt. He called me an asshole and told me that he had been jogging 5 miles a day during that time and stopped drinking in an effort to control his every expanding midsection.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    When I was in the Navy I had a friend of mine who was was married and lived off base. He worked days and always changed into civilian clothes prior to going home. I was the night shift supervisor and one night I noticed that "Dan" foolishly wasn't securing his locker with a lock. I guess since all he had in the locker was his uniforms there was no need. "Dan" had a tendency to be on the chubby side and the command was always on his ass about meeting physical fitness standards. Having been presented with a golden opportunity for mischief I couldn't resist. Anybody who was in the military will be familar with military style web belts with the easy to adjust metal belt buckles. Every other night I would cut about a quarter inch off the belt and watched with amusement as "Dan" would come in the next morning to relief me. In about a week and a half he was having real problems buckling his belt on his work uniform. I even made a comment about him needing to stay away from the Roberto's burritos when I "happened" to notice his struggles. He started bringing in salads for his lunch. It got to the point where he bought a new belt , but I kept on sniping away. Eventually I rotated out of the command to shore duty at Topgun. One day I ran across "Dan" at the Navy Exchange on his base when I was visiting. I took him to lunch and I noticed he didn't order a salad and made comment on it. He told me he had finally got his weight problem under control. I couldn't take it anymore & broke down and admitted that I had been screwing around with his belt. He called me an asshole and told me that he had been jogging 5 miles a day during that time and stopped drinking in an effort to control his every expanding midsection.

It's Captain America's Weight Loss Program! You probably saved a few years of his life!

JLK
    JLK is offline Protecting Those That Can't Protect Themselves
    Verified LEO
    We would have formal inspections once a week and we all had one working uniform that we would would not work in a kept it clean and pressed. Well one of my roommates had pushed me a little to far so after he went to sleep i neatly folded his inspection uniform that he had ready for the next day. Soaked it with water then placed it in the freezer. It was a nice big ice cube in the morning. When he thawed it out it was still soaking wet. i don't know about him but i thought that was some kind of funny.

Verified LEO
    Rangmaster: "Rook! Go get me the brass magnet so we can cleanup."
    Maint Shop: "Rook! Grab me a can of pneumatic fluid, will ya?"
    Desk sergeant: "Rook! Get over to the dog squad and rustle up a can of K9P."
    Radio shop: "Rook! Look over there and get me that can of squelch."
    FTO: "Rook! Stay sharp, sarge wants us to hunt down some snipes for the stats this month."

JeffW is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    In my first agency our Chief had to get everything new. If a brand new 80 watt radio came in he had to have it. Next year 100 radio went into his car. When to 120 watt radio came in went into his car, me and my partner decided to have a little fun. Chief used to brag about how far away me could transmit to the office. We started cutting about 1/2 inch off the antenna every week. After a couple of months dispatch could hardly hear him. We laughed our ass off.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Morris View Post
    Rangmaster: "Rook! Go get me the brass magnet so we can cleanup."
    Maint Shop: "Rook! Grab me a can of pneumatic fluid, will ya?"
    Desk sergeant: "Rook! Get over to the dog squad and rustle up a can of K9P."
    Radio shop: "Rook! Look over there and get me that can of squelch."
    FTO: "Rook! Stay sharp, sarge wants us to hunt down some snipes for the stats this month."
    I guess that rook has never been to Boy Scout Camp.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    My father and his best buddy always play pranks on each other, so here's one of my favorite stories told by them:

They were out on a golfing trip and got a hotel room with two rooms that branched off of a center room. Each room had a television and my Dad figured out that each remote could work either tv set. So, earlier my Dad cranked the volume on his friends set and turned it off and hid the remote to it. Later in the night when he was asleep, my dad crept out and pointed his remote under the door crack and turned on the tv, which obviously came on blaring. He heard his friend wake up cussing, jump out of bed, and shut it off. About 15 minutes later my dad again crept in front of the door and did the same, resulting in the same ending. The THIRD time he did this, he said all he heard was his buddy jump out of bed cussing, and heard the sound of a tv being ripped out of the wall by the cords and the tv came crashing down onto the floor!

The next morning they each had a good laugh about it and I think they were able to just plug everything back in and it looked good as new, LOL.
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information