Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

if you could know the exact date and time you would die...

would you want to know?

why, or why not?

and...do you believe "your time is your time," regardless of how it happens?
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I'd love to know. That way I could get my affairs in order and say goodbye to everyone before I die. And I'd probably live my life very differently if I knew I was going to die in a few years rather than in 50-90 years.

I don't think a time of death is predestined for anyone (except Death Row prisoners, perhaps ), but I do know that it can come randomly and unexpectedly.

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    I would not want to know because then I would dwell on how much time I had left. I dont want to know how I go either, I couldnt imagine thinking about it because, what if you suffer.... would you want to know if you are going to suffer?

When you go is when you go, if you mess up your life and someone (switch flipper, needle pusher..... execution) makes the decission for you, well thats your stupidity that led you there.

Plus if you knew you were going to die in a car crash on so an so a date, you could alter your pre-planed death by not going anywhere that day.....

Death is Death, dont look forward to it, but like taxes, it will happen

nsb22 is offline Crazilicious
    I don't want to know about it. Hell, I'll be surprised if I make it to 35!

Death is death. When it is your time there's nothing you can do about it. God does have a plan for all of us.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
    -- Ambrose Redmoon

The views and postings of NSB22 are in no way shared or supported by NSB22's employers.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    I would not want to know. Like Shoestring I would spend too much time dwelling on it. I believe in fate to a point but believe that everyone does things to slow down or speed up the process to a point.

I do, however, try and live my life like every day is my last...live life to the fullest I can...as you truly never know when your time is up. So that even if I live to 100, I can look back and smile knowing that life to me was an adventure.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside throughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, wow...what a ride! (fav quote).
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Hannah87 is offline Giggidy... Giggidy..
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoestring View Post
    I would not want to know because then I would dwell on how much time I had left. I dont want to know how I go either, I couldnt imagine thinking about it because, what if you suffer.... would you want to know if you are going to suffer?

When you go is when you go, if you mess up your life and someone (switch flipper, needle pusher..... execution) makes the decission for you, well thats your stupidity that led you there.

Plus if you knew you were going to die in a car crash on so an so a date, you could alter your pre-planed death by not going anywhere that day.....

Death is Death, dont look forward to it, but like taxes, it will happen
    I agree 100%
    May you rest in peace Daddy and may you never hurt again. I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you again.

12/12/44- 2/26/09

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO
    I only want to know if the answer is that I die peacefully in my bed at a ripe old age (not to be confused with smelling bad.)

ryan b is offline Rookie
    I wouldn't mind knowing how I die, just not when. I'd probably end up thinking about it too much and get more and more depressed as the time gets nearer. Who knows though, knowing might make me live a happier and more fulfilling life.

hush29 is offline Corporal
    I wouldn't want to know how or when. Could you imagine (for example) if you knew you were gonna die in a long process with a lot of suffering? It would make some people crazy and possible cause them to commit suicide to avoid a painful and long death.
    It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    I'd love to know so that I can be sure I get my deathbed conversion in!
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Probation13-901 is offline Master Officer
    I would not want to know at all! I think I would be all upset and try to change it.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I would not want to know.
    I'd rather spend my energy living than thinking about dying.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

mike01 is offline patrol deputy
    Verified LEO
    I would not want to know. The constant worry would knock you off sooner than whatever is killing you.

oldtrooper is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. You can't spend your time worrying about dying or you will miss too much living on the way to the grave. If you knew the date and time death would be on your mind constantly.

With many years in law enforcement I've seen too many instances when I could have, even seemed I should have, been killed but fate prevented it happening. I believe we are all here for a purpose and unless we lose our mind and take our own life it will play out the way it is intended. We may never know what the purpose of our life was and that's the only thing I would like to know before I go.

MissMyCaprice is offline Master Officer
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my Uncle Norbert,
    not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMyCaprice View Post
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my Uncle Norbert,
    not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.
    Ha Ha, didnt see the second half of that statement coming

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    If I wanted to know the exact date and time I'd die, I'd set it myself and pull the trigger. Instead, I'm going to live and be happy about it.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    i agree with that, for the most part.

the only way i would want to know is if i was 100 years old, in otherwise good health, and just dropped dead on the spot
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

kay88 is offline Sergeant
    I agree with others who said that they would dwell on it too much. I try to live life to the fullest. When it's time for me to die, it's just time. I don't need to know and don't want to know. For me that would take the fun and adrenaline rush out of taking risks (I'm a thrill seeker, what can I say? )
    Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thread Information