I received this email the other day and, knowing some of you are collectors, thought I would post it here. If you have any questions, PM me. Although it says "RETIREES" I am certain that anyone may buy one. After all, it is to raise money for a good cause.

RETIRED CHP / MEMORIAL CHALLENGE COIN

Fellow Retired Members,

I had a retired / memorial challenge coin struck for retired
members. The purpose behind this coin is to give retired members a keepsake for their many years of service and at the same time, > a memorial for all those members who have lost friends, or family, who made the ultimate sacrifice.

There will be no profit made by the sale of these coins. All monies made from the sale of these coins, not used to purchase more coins, or shipping costs will be donated to the (California Association of Highway Patrolmen) Widows and Orphans Fund, in the name of all retired members. The more coins that are purchased, the cost per coin goes down and the amount of money we can donate goes up.

The coin is 1.56 inches > in diameter. The price of a coin is $15.00, which includes a clear plastic case to protect it. The coin shows great detail and has been quite popular. The first order has been sold out and another 300 just arrived.

If there are any members who would be interested in the purchase of one, or more coins, please use the contact e-mail address listed below. It would be helpful if you could provide your name, address, phone number and e-mail address if you have one. NOTE: This information will not be released to anyone and is only requested to assure you receive your coin. Please be aware the coins must be paid for prior to delivery.

Please feel free to contact me, if you have any question.

Respectfully,

Jim Ayers
Retired #7992

Contact e-mail: jcalsa@snowcrest.net