Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Would you run for an elected office? If so, what office?

Would you ever run for an elected political office? If so, what office?

I wouldn't--I couldn't handle the pressure.

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    I doubt I ever would. Too much BS.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

SARG is offline Banned
    Recent experiences have demonstrated to me what bottom feeders all politicians truly are...... and that's in my registered party. I suspect I'll be following Lou Dobbs advice & register Independent soon.

OXCOPS is offline Usual Suspect
    I would never run for anything higher than a county office. If I had to pick one, I would consider Constable. I wouldn't mind Sheriff, but only if I had the backing of the County Board of Supervisors. I have seen too many Sheriffs try to do the right thing, only to be smacked down by the County Board. On the flip side, I have seen what an effective Sheriff can be when the Board backs him.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I've thought about constable or Justice Court Judge here, but I look at it like a high stakes gamble. Most of the people I talked to said it takes about 10,000.00 to run a good campaign, most of it out of pocket because contributions arent very high for these low level offices. I would hate to spend that much and get beat.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    I've thought about constable or Justice Court Judge here, but I look at it like a high stakes gamble. Most of the people I talked to said it takes about 10,000.00 to run a good campaign, most of it out of pocket because contributions arent very high for these low level offices. I would hate to spend that much and get beat.
    I forgot about the Justice Court judges there. I wonder if they will succeed in making them have some form law degree. I know they were kicking the idea around last year.

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Yes, US President. It's about time we took control back.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Not me, I'm an honest man and don't want to be around theives and liars.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by OXCOPS View Post
    I forgot about the Justice Court judges there. I wonder if they will succeed in making them have some form law degree. I know they were kicking the idea around last year.
    I don't think the law degree thing will pass. There are too many Justice Court Judges that are in the system without them. They did, however, increase training again for them.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    I don't think the law degree thing will pass. There are too many Justice Court Judges that are in the system without them. They did, however, increase training again for them.
    I don't think it will either, and I was glad to see the increased training.

TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by OXCOPS View Post
    On the flip side, I have seen what an deffective Sheriff can be when they back Board him.
    "When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO
    A friend of mine is running for City Council. However, I want to stay as far away from politics as possible.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I once thought I would run for local Chief of Police. I began my journey with a run for local Justice of the Peace, but it was bought out from under me according to some informants.
    I worked long and hard with some good officers to bring the city I live in to an acceptable level. There was a shooting or stabbing at least twice a week when I started. All sorts of violent crime and narcotics were rampant. We busted our ass to get things rolling in the right direction.
    As things began to dissolve at the department and I left the first time for the S.O., I entertained the idea of one day running for Chief to come back and work for the people I had sworn to serve. I bided my time with an excellent job with the S.O. until the J.P. election came available. Since a J.P. was needed that at least knew some of what they were talking about I qualified. When I was eliminated in the primary for Justice of the Peace I realized it was not experience and desire to do good work that won elections. I was quickly informed it was dirty politics and money paid to voters that won elections. I can't in good conscience participate in that type activity.
    I have since decided that what I do now is the only way I can continue to serve. Unless the wrong person is elected. Not sure what I'll do then.
    Another run for office? Very doubtful.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

SARG is offline Banned
    In our county you need to be registered in the Republican Party to even get considered for a job. And God forbid you piss off the drunken constituents advocate for your local State Senator...... She's the wife of a Supreme Court Judge and if you did not properly genuflect......you're screwed.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I would not. One of my relatives though, is setting the stage to run for a state office in a few years.

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    I am very interested in politics. If I did run for anything, it'd probably be for school board or city council.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I would. Sheriff would be an interesting place to start.

I'd last 4 years before they figured out I don't do politics.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Probation13-901 is offline Master Officer
    I would run for JP but thats about it.

Thread Information