Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

If you won the lottery, what would you do?

What would you do if you won the lottery tomorrow? Would you keep your job? What would you change about your lifestyle? Since we're fantasizing, let's say you won $363 million, the biggest lottery jackpot in history.

Papabear's thread about what he'd do if he won the lottery got me thinking about this. If I won the lottery I'd still want to keep my job and lifestyle and not change anything. I'd feel a bit more relaxed because I could live comfortably even if I lost my job, but I'd still try my best not to lose it. I'd give most of the money to friends, family members, charities, and political candidates. But then I'd have trouble deciding which people and groups to give to and how much to give to them, and probably end up even more stressed than I am now.

baumshoe is offline Baumshoe Law Enforcement Supply
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor

Talking

I would probably stop being a cop, for the sake of getting killed in the line of duty and not being able to spend the money. Work somewhere less stressfull (Baumshoe Law Enforcement Supply) then start giving the money away to family, friends and of course LEF

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    Id probably renew my membership for another year here
    than maybe have $1000.00 give-aways each money for a year, umm ya right,
    Id actually move closer to brad, so i can fuck with him more than i do on here.
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Donut Aficionado is offline The Hillbilly Warlord
    Verified LEO
    I'd move OUT OF DETROIT!!!!!

I'd still be a Cop though, something about putting on that uniform everyday. I might work part time though.

Buy my wife the house and car she always wanted...and a huge rock for her finger. Donate a house and car to her youngest sister so she can leave the loser who is ruining her life right now.

My kids would have college paid for if they so choose to attend.

I would open a Micro-brewery and learn to make really good beer!!!
    Insert witty comment and disclaimer here.

Big Al is offline There is no place like home....
    Verified LEO
    I would buy this site from Terminator, send Beans to Counciling, pay for Countybears campaigne for sheriff, have RSA's fingers removed so he couldn't type anymore, and then I would go into hiding...

Acutually, I would quit my job, move to Colorado, give some to family, give some to charities, invest wisely, take up a hobby that would occupy my time and try to enjoy life. Hopefully avoid lawsuits and moochers.
    To be a good Law Enforcement Officer you MUST know the law!

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'd quit, stay on as a reserve so I can go out and play whenever I want.

Build a modest house just right for the family size. Pay off my truck, buy the wife a new car, set up college accounts and trust accounts for the kids, and sink the rest in an interest bearing account to live off of.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

HotTamale is offline Officer First Class
    Spend it, why did everyone go into such detail......lol.
    OPD Explorer Post #2235

I never thought there was such thing as a stupid question, then I became a security officer.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by HotTamale View Post
    Spend it, why did everyone go into such detail......lol.
    Because we're grown-ups and that's what grown-ups do when presented with multiple questions that cannot have the same answer.

First, I'd quit my job and disappear for a couple of weeks here.

Then I'd hire a good accountant and invest, do consulting work on my own schedule, give to charities within the U.S., give some money to my immediate family, make sure that my cousin and nephews don't have to pay a cent for college, buy myself a new home with a fabulous kitchen, and spend a good amount of time traveling.

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    two chicks at the same time!

seriously? i'd first and foremost get a good accountant or financial planner to help me save as much initially, and in the long run, as possible.

i'd give my parents more money than they could burn, but i probably wouldn't quit working unless simply managing the money was a full time job
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

ManImBored is offline Ninja In Training
    Verified LEO
    I know I would not quit working. I have yet to experience all there is to being a cop and its something I look forward to. I would invest a large portion of it, so it can make me more money. I would buy my family whatever they wanted. I have a small family so it would be reasonable. I would buy a nice house and a new truck. Having $363 million, you could live very comfortably just off the intrest.
    "Sometimes doing the right thing, is not doing the right thing."

lynnz05 is offline Corporal
    I wouldn't quit working, however I would probably only work part time. I would buy a new car and house. I would pay off my student loans and pay my parents back for all the money they have lent me. I would give some to my niece and nephews and BEK's kids to put them all through college. I would put some away to gain interest on. Then I would just do whatever I wanted with whatever was left.
    What I say is my opinion, not my employers or that of my academic institution.

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    I'd have to quit my job. You can't be a rich cop and not expect to be sued by everyone you ever dealt with.

I'd buy my parents and siblings houses, plus put enough money into accounts to pay their property taxes for 50 years. My nephews wouldn't have to worry about paying for college.

I'd get a modest home for myself with all the technological upgrades and a nice home theater.

The rest would be put into accounts so I could live off the interest.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    I'd spend it on
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Tithe first of all. Then I would form an LLC where the only business conducted will be to invest the principle. That company would have two share holders, my wife and I. I would be compensated in dividends(that are only taxed at 15% by the way). This way I could continue to be a cop. A cop that puts up with a lot less bullshit than I do. After the money has had time to grow, I would get into politics. Paying most of my way to avoid being tied to special interest groups.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    1 Hire a good money manager
    2 Give a bunch to family, friends, and charity
    3 Buy a very large, very nice boat and live on it in the Caribbean until I figure out what I want to do for the rest of my life.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by HotTamale View Post
    Spend it

What would you do with the remaining $362,999,900? There surely couldn't be that much security guard gear you don't already have.

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post
    What would you do with the remaining $362,999,900? There surely couldn't be that much security guard gear you don't already have.
    It would be nice waking up and saying, "Damn, I got $100,000 burning a hole in my pocket.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    It would be nice waking up and saying, "Damn, I got $100,000 burning a hole in my pocket.
    I'm with ya.

I'd be in constant stress all the time. I'd be afraid my wife would buy a friggin island on an impluse. Hell, she can't walk past the racks before checkout at Wal Mart without snagging some ridiculous gadget we don't need.

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'd finance the overthrow of the King County Democrats responsible for the violation of civil rights they call a "Critical Area Ordinance."
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    I'd owe a lot less than I do now.

"Stupid should hurt."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information