Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2

Probation Officers.

In GA, some Probation Officers are full fledged LEO's and some are not. Some Probation Officers work for private companies.

Where you live, are P/Os LEOs or not?
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

Probation13-901 is offline Master Officer
    Here in AZ we are. Search for absconded Probationers. We make arrests are armed and have the authority of an LEO. The thing that is good about being a P.O. we have the right to warrantless searches. Wow private companies that crazy.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Probation Officers in Washington are LEO's and not LEO's depending on which school they went to. Some are, some aren't.

This applies to Washington Department of Corrections people.

Corrections Officers in Washington can be LEO's, also depending on which school they went to.

It's rather tricky here, because LEO is defined in three classes:

General Authority
    Specially Commissioned
    Limited Authority

Corrections or Probation Officers will almost always be Limited Authority here.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

OXCOPS is offline Usual Suspect
    Quote Originally Posted by Probation13-901 View Post
    Here in AZ we are. Search for absconded Probationers. We make arrests are armed and have the authority of an LEO. The thing that is good about being a P.O. we have the right to warrantless searches. Wow private companies that crazy.

What is weird about AZ is that it is up to the presiding judge to allow POs to be armed (at least for Juvenile POs). Where I am, there are probably 20 JPOs, but only ONE has been cleared to carry. From what I hear, it's just because he wouldn't take no for an answer and was that "squeaky wheel".

Probation13-901 is offline Master Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by OXCOPS View Post
    What is weird about AZ is that it is up to the presiding judge to allow POs to be armed (at least for Juvenile POs). Where I am, there are probably 20 JPOs, but only ONE has been cleared to carry. From what I hear, it's just because he wouldn't take no for an answer and was that "squeaky wheel".
    I don't think it's up to the presiding Judge. The Arizona Supreme court approved P.O. to carry in Arizona many years back. It mite be the Chief Probation Officer that won't approve them, and think they need a good reason not to approve it. Correct me if I am wrong.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Not LEO's in MN.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Thread Information