Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO

NEED HELP BY 0500 HRS 1-12-08!

So...tonight, the wife got her wallet lost/stolen (unknown which one, exactly). Credit cards cancelled, report filed. Anywho...we leave for vacation on Saturday 1-12-08 at 5 am...the problem being, her driver license was also in the lost/stolen wallet. Can't fly without a driver license or ID card. The tag agencies don't open until 8 am, so we don't have time to get a new one. Has this happened to anyone here before? What the hell do we do? We've got her birth certificate, our marriage license, her voter registration card and a photo student ID from when she was in college (about 8 years ago), plus a copy of the police report (perk of being a cop, I guess). Should be be bringing anything else to get past the TSA checkpoint? Help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Verified LEO
    nevermind...because I am stupid, I didn't think to call the airlines. they said the birth cert, marriage license and student ID were enough. As you were.
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Hey, Bob...

Why don't you call the airline and ask them for their advice on this?

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Either that CB, or just try and rush through the gate.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Either that CB, or just try and rush through the gate.
    This IS TSA we are talking about, if you aren't an elderly Asian woman with an AK and a Bin Laden tattoo, they won't notice.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    nevermind...because I am stupid, I didn't think to call the airlines. they said the birth cert, marriage license and student ID were enough. As you were.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Tard

Enjoy the vacation.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

narcodog is offline Rookie
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Just tell her to wear a mini-skirt and a thong and when she bends over to take off her shoes let them have it.

SARG is offline Banned
    *Nice fellow ...... I probably would have seen it as an opportunity and said "Sorry Dear......See you in two weeks"*

Verified LEO
    Odd how small the world is. I was telling everyone at work about what had happened. She came in and did a little "lost property" report. Anywho, we go home, sleep for a couple of hours, then are at the airport. No problems getting through security. We get off the plane in Mobile and I've got a voice mail from a co-worker. He says his wife was at Wal Mart and heard them page my wife over the PA. So she calls him and he calls me. I call Wal Mart and guess where they found the wallet? Under a giant bag of dog food. Money still in there, credit cards undisturbed. I guess she just blacked out, took out her wallet, hid it, and then snapped back into consciousness. Glad we got it back, though. And then I got to yell at her for shopping at Wal Mart.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Odd how small the world is. I was telling everyone at work about what had happened. She came in and did a little "lost property" report. Anywho, we go home, sleep for a couple of hours, then are at the airport. No problems getting through security. We get off the plane in Mobile and I've got a voice mail from a co-worker. He says his wife was at Wal Mart and heard them page my wife over the PA. So she calls him and he calls me. I call Wal Mart and guess where they found the wallet? Under a giant bag of dog food. Money still in there, credit cards undisturbed. I guess she just blacked out, took out her wallet, hid it, and then snapped back into consciousness. Glad we got it back, though. And then I got to yell at her for shopping at Wal Mart.
    That's some coincidence! All's well that ends well. Great ending!

Verified LEO
    It was truly the perfect storm....if they hadn't paged Anna at that exact time, then my buddy's wife wouldn't have heard it, and if she hadn't been at Wal Mart at that exact time, she wouldn't have heard it. God forbid Wal Mart ever take their giant box of found wallets to the station house so we can go through them and match them with all the lost/stolen wallet reports..but I guess you probably don't care that much when you work at Wal Mart.

Doc_Holliday is offline California Dreaming...
    See, thats why all my hard earned money goes to Target...well, I pronounce it tar-shay...makes me feel more important. LOL
    500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are.

Code6 is offline Beep,Beep!!!
    Verified LEO
    I learned from a TSA agent recently that without a photo ID card. expect to get the "Royal" treatment when going through security. So plan ahead.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what it really is all about?

Police others as you would have them Police you.

Verified LEO
    well, she had an old photo student ID (about 8 years old) and a bunch of other forms of ID...I would say it probably cost us about 10 extra minutes, but then again we weren't exactly flying through super-busy airports (OKC and Mobile, AL).

Glad to hear everything worked out bla-bla-bla.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Glad to hear everything worked out bla-bla-bla.
    Term, i think you should add a new feature to the upcoming site..legal advice, possibly with a few Q & A's. I could help out with it. You could call it "Bob Loblaw's Law Blog." Have your people call my people, and we shall do lunch.

Term, i think you should add a new feature to the upcoming site..legal advice, possibly with a few Q & A's. I could help out with it. You could call it "Bob Loblaw's Law Blog." Have your people call my people, and we shall do lunch.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I would love it.

Thread Information