Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

clean underwear....

Just thought I'd give you guys a chance to laugh at me.

back in about 2002, i was in college and ended up with a psycho roommate. I screwed up bad on this one. (his father was a chubby kicker for the Lions a while back, not that it is relevant to the story besides my stupidity in not suing him for his trust fund)

so one fine morning a buddy from downstairs comes up and invites me out for a smoke. I had just thrown all of my laundry in and didn't have any underwear. I threw on a pair of jeans and some slippers, had a few choice words with 'the roommate' and headed out.

he came from behind and shoved me down the stairs. I screwed up bad by turning away from him. long story short, a dislocated ankle and broken leg later, cops and ems on scene, I end up in the ER.

as they ask me if they should cut my pants off or try to take them off without hurting me (i said 'take them off, I can't afford new ones right now :lol, i say..."can I at least keep my underwear on?"

at this point i realize...i don't have any underwear on. literally the one and only time in my life i went outside without underwear, and I end up in the ER.

go fucking figure.
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

Pudge is offline Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Going Commando, huh Ender? No need to worry, I'm sure the nurses and doctors in the ER have seen it all many times before. But I will say this. It sure would have sucked to be you at that time.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    Going Commando, huh Ender? No need to worry, I'm sure the nurses and doctors in the ER have seen it all many times before. But I will say this. It sure would have sucked to be you at that time.
    heh...I said, "you can take my pants, but can you at least leave my underwear on? oh...i don't have underwear."

the nurse says, "there is no modesty in here anyways."

and yeah, they've seen it all many, many times. luckily I don't get embarrassed. I got lucky in the long run...I thought my ankle was shattered (you know its bad when the EMT says 'holy shit!'), but turns out it was just dislocated. for about 10 seconds I thought i had a compound fracture, but when I looked closer it was just really torn up skin

when I tried to stand up on it my neighbor almost puked
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post
    I can always count on you for support, Pudge.
    --

Ender

Pudge is offline Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I can always count on you for support, Pudge.
    It just seemed right at the time.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Please tell me your roommate spent the night in the pokey...
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Please tell me your roommate spent the night in the pokey...
    two and a half days.

calling the apartment begging for someone to bail him out (he couldn't reach his mommy) eta: the police said they couldn't arrest him at first for 'simple assault,' but then one of the officers remembered a recently passed law regarding 'domestic incidents' which applied to roommates as well as couples and such....it fit nicely

every time i answered the phone i got a recording: "this is the isabella county jail with a collect call from" CLICK.

then when i got a PPO against him (to keep him from living in the apartment), he said, "thats the shittiest thing anybody has ever done to me."
    --

Ender

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post
    It just seemed right at the time.
    and it was
    --

Ender

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    two and a half days.

calling the apartment begging for someone to bail him out (he couldn't reach his mommy)

every time i answered the phone i got a recording: "this is the isabella county jail with a collect call from" CLICK.

then when i got a PPO against him (to keep him from living in the apartment), he said, "thats the shittiest thing anybody has ever done to me."
    He should try pushing himself down the stairs.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    A great southern story teller, Lewis Grizzard, said his mother always said to wear clean underwear in case he was in a bad car wreck. H claimed to have always responded with "Mom, if I am in a bad car wreck my underwear wont be clean anyway."
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    He should try pushing himself down the stairs.
    hehe...

After the incident, I realized how lucky i was to have no serious injuries. aside from the 'major' injuries where i spent 6 weeks in a cast and limped for another two weeks, i was good to go. haven't had a pain since...can't even tell when the weather is changing.

I scraped up my forehead pretty good on the wall, and my ankle as well. when the EMTs arrived, my leg was covered by my jeans; they were asking me questions about my head/conscious state/etc, and basically said, "why are we here?"

I lifted my pant leg a little bit to reveal my foot parallel from my leg and the EMT says, "holy shit!" for a second or two i was thinking the same thing, from his reaction

i REALLY wish i had a picture of it, it was pretty cool!
    --

Ender

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    H claimed to have always responded with "Mom, if I am in a bad car wreck my underwear wont be clean anyway."
    and THAT is why i posted this thread
    --

Ender

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    So this guy actually pushed you down the stairs?! What a cheap shot...
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

MonsterMash is offline Proud 3%er
    A great southern story teller, Lewis Grizzard

Whachoo know bout Lewis Grizzard? :P
    Are you a 3%er? If you aren't, you should be.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    A great southern story teller, Lewis Grizzard, said his mother always said to wear clean underwear in case he was in a bad car wreck. H claimed to have always responded with "Mom, if I am in a bad car wreck my underwear wont be clean anyway."
    Laughed at this one. Back in high school I got into a very bad horse riding accident...and after I found my arm again (which was bent behind me where it wasn't supposed to be ), I thought to myself..."whew..glad I have on clean, underwear without any holes".

My mom harped on that for years...that and always have a quarter so you can call home in an emergency. Gosh I love my Mom.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Thread Information