Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jim1348 is online now Rookie
    Verified LEO

What Is The Longest You Were Ever Able To Stay Out Of The Office

I have a take home unmarked car and I don't live in the county seat. I check on duty from home and just go out and work. I am just wondering what is the longest number of days you were ever able to work without having to go to your office? I have to tell you guys that even when I was on water patrol, I had a take home boat, trailer, Chevrolet Suburban, etc. Some of the best, most productive days were days that I NEVER went to the office.

Now I am in a different assignment, but there are days where I have been able to arrest people and get prisoner transport without going to our jail myself. With a laptop computer and an EVDO aircard I really don't have to go to the office as much as I did even a couple of years ago. I usually average going to our office every other work day. I have gone maybe two work days in a row and then went into the office on the third day, but something tells me that people here can easily beat that. Lets hear it, what is the longest period of time that you have worked without going into your office? I think that we had a patrol deputy a number of years back that was able to go about a month without having to go to the office. He had a 6 on 3 off rotation, he started from home, he turned his paper work over to another car to relay into the office, so there really wasn't a reason for him to go into the office during that period of time.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    I've never worked a shift where I was never at the office, for at least a minimal amount of time.

hush29 is offline Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    I've never worked a shift where I was never at the office, for at least a minimal amount of time.
    Every time I make an arrest i have to go to the office. Have to turn in the custody authorization sheet, finish the report or clear the warrant. So i go to the office at least once a day. Plus we have briefing at the beginning of the shift.
    It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

ryan36002 is offline Senior Officer
    Verified LEO
    My day or night starts at 6:00. At 6:30 I have to attend the 30-60 minute briefing. I'm required to have all reports done by the next 6:00 or convince the Sgt. of a good reason why not. Pretty much required by policy to spend at least 2-3 hours a day in the Office.
    "You will learn more with your ears than you will your mouth!"

Seems like I'm always in the darn office... They keep making me fill out all this paperwork everytime I arrest someone..haha

Coloradocop is offline It's the PoPo
    Verified LEO
    No take home cars here (unless you are an Lt or better). Plus, every shift starts with a roll-call at the station.

So, with the exception of S/A (special assignment) days for training, I've never had the privelage of a day without the office.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Unfortunately I spend way more time in the office then I would like to...too much paper chasing and typing.
    I look forward to the days when I have an arrest or an interview so I can get the heck out of the office!
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    I told you not to go to that unit.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

Standard Dave is offline Constable
    I think I should start a thread whats the longest time you have managed to stay out of the office my record is about 5 hours.
    "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke.
    "the world is a dangerous place place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who do not do anything about it" Albert Einstein

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by ex401mp View Post
    I told you not to go to that unit.
    Yes, I know. I would say that you miss me but I know that you got a younger, blonde chica to take my place.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

CW Mock is offline Trooper
    Verified LEO
    I have made it about ... 3 weeks. Made it for 5 without seeing or talking to a supervisor of some kind.
    "I have an open door policy on tickets ... if I have to open my door, you are getting a ticket. If I turn on those lights, somebody has to pay the electric bill."

The opinions given in my posts and comments
    DO NOT reflect any of the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "CW Mock" on LEF/Officer Resource.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    11 hours
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    because of fuck ups... we were required to come and check in at the start of every shift. Mandatory.
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

oldtrooper is offline Rookie
    I never gave it a thought but when on active duty as a trooper I can recall two weeks or more without seeing a supervisor. May have had radio contact but not face to face. Like PaPa Bear it most likely ran a little longer at times but that was a long time ago.
    That's what I liked about the highway patrol, especially in a rural area. You are your own boss unless you screw up. Those are the best jobs out there and when you move into supervision the fun starts going out of the job.

oldtrooper is offline Rookie
    Correction, I was referring to CW Mock's post.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I have to go in to get my radio, taser and squad keys

I have to be there for briefing.

And I have to do my reports there.

I'd say....at least 25% of my shift is spent in the office.

It's a pain. We're working on updating our MDT's so reports can be done from the car.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Thread Information