Welcome to the APBWeb.

View Poll Results: Wiull Bob Loblaw be able to maintain the vegetarian lifestyle for 2 weeks?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - he is a man of the highest willpower

7 35.00%
  • No - he is a fat ass and can't stop shoving meat in his mouth

13 65.00%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vegetarian?

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO

Vegetarian?

So...my older brother is a hippy, super-left, "make love not war" type of individual. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I look like the gay love child of Rush Limbaugh and Karl Rove (unmarried, of course) standing next to him, politically speaking. Well, about 18 months ago, he decided to go vegetarian, and he hasn't looked back since. Well, he did have some gravy with Thanksgiving dinner which resulted in explosive diarrhea (because he wasn't used to eating meat products), but that's neither here nor there. Anyway, he recently bet me that I would not be able to "get my vegetarian on" for two weeks. And, being smarter than anyone on the plantet and never having lost a bet (or been wrong, for that matter), I decided to take him up on it.

Here's the rub...I'm probably the pickiest eater in the world. My diet consists of cheerios, carrots, healthy choice/lean cuisine forzen dinners, grilled chicken/lean beef/pork and brown rice. I guess I could supplement my 2 week diet with protein shakes..but I hope I don't die in the next 2 weeks. Any other very phyically active vegetarians out there that can provide some insight? I lift 3 days a week, run about 5 miles a day and have swat practice this coming thursday and friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    If you can do this, you've got tremendous willpower. Hell, I have a hard enough time not eating meat on Fridays in Lent.

Good luck, but I voted No.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I have confidence in you, Bob Loblaw! Don't let this break your never-lost-a-bet streak!!

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    I voted no your a fat ass!!! On a side note I have not drunk pop in two weeks for lent
    dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass
    Life is to short not to experience Lazy Fed
    ___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-
    O RLY?? YA RLY NO WAI!!!!

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

Deputy Joe is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Just eat at McDonalds, that can't be real meat in their burgers.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Yes you can! Yes you can! Yes you can!

I was vegan for about a year--just one day decided to go cold turkey (no pun intended ) on all animal products because I felt guilty about eating cute animals or even their milk and eggs. I didn't do heavy exercise but walked about 3 miles a day because I don't have a car. Being vegan was really time-consuming because I had to eat all the time, like 6 meals a day, just to have energy. It's no wonder real sheep are grazing all the time! I just ate fruit, salads, nuts, oatmeal, and soy products. I started out at my usual healthy weight, 105 lbs 5'4", and after a year was down to less than 90 lbs. That scared me so I started eating milk and egg products but still no meat for a few months, but I didn't really like milk or eggs and couldn't eat much without getting sick, so I still couldn't gain enough weight. So I just quit and now am back to eating cute animals. Someday I hope to go back to some kind of vegan or vegetarian diet, but right now I don't have time to eat enough to maintain a healthy weight on such a diet. I hope the cute animals can forgive me, but for now it's me or them.

But 2 weeks shouldn't be too bad. Good luck Bob! I know you can do it! We want change! Yes we can!

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    HAhaha,

I can only wish you luck bob,

I gave up Pop for lent 2 years ago, and still havent touched it.

Are you only gonna do it for 2 weeks just to make a point, then come back to eating burger king, mcdonalds, wendys, or are you gonna stick with a decent diet to go with that salad?

The wifey wanted me to give up Skoal wintergreen for lent, ummm that wasnt happening. I would have chose a vege, over the skoal.
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Verified LEO
    Well, i already maintain a pretty healthy diet..I go for 5 fruits/veggies a day (and I've been hitting that mark more often than not, lately), I try not to eat fried foods and stuff like that. I've actually dropped about 35 pounds since March of last year. I'm not sure where this comes from. I am a firm believer in the food chain and I don't think animal-for-food production is that bad for the environment...I guess I'm just looking to have a more veggie-centric diet, rather than a meat-centric one. Since we're having the little one in a couple of months, I've been trying to make sure I'm eating right so that I'm healthy and so that I can teach by example the right way to eat.

And one hiccup...next Friday (yes, leap day) is my birthday, and me and the wife are going to a fancy steakhouse in Dallas...so I'm changing this to "Can Bob Loblaw maintain his vegetarian lifestyle until dinnertime on 2-29?" How do you like that? I'm already looking for a way to weasel out of this!!!
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later

jim dandy is offline Jim Dandy, Black Oak Arkansas
    Don't do it!

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Well, i already maintain a pretty healthy diet..I go for 5 fruits/veggies a day (and I've been hitting that mark more often than not, lately), I try not to eat fried foods and stuff like that. I've actually dropped about 35 pounds since March of last year. I'm not sure where this comes from. I am a firm believer in the food chain and I don't think animal-for-food production is that bad for the environment...I guess I'm just looking to have a more veggie-centric diet, rather than a meat-centric one. Since we're having the little one in a couple of months, I've been trying to make sure I'm eating right so that I'm healthy and so that I can teach by example the right way to eat.

And one hiccup...next Friday (yes, leap day) is my birthday, and me and the wife are going to a fancy steakhouse in Dallas...so I'm changing this to "Can Bob Loblaw maintain his vegetarian lifestyle until dinnertime on 2-29?" How do you like that? I'm already looking for a way to weasel out of this!!!
    HAhahaha, hard to turn down a good ole steak dinner man
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

narcodog is offline Rookie
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    One word, Snickers.

Verified LEO
    yes...you bring up an interesting twist, narcodog. I do not eat nuts. I don't like the taste of them. Especially peanuts. I don't mind peanut butter in very small amounts, but I usually stick to this rule of thumb:
    "Please don't put any nuts in my mouth! Thanks!"

I will post my daily food intakes at the end of the day for those of you to look over. I get the feeling it's going to be a long 10 days!

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Tofu and dried beans are high in protein, Bob.

OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO
    I will challange you Bob. I gave up Alcohol, Sweets, and Soda Pop for lent. That means none of them until Easter. I challange you to No meat until Easter

Standard Dave is offline Constable
    The make up of the teeth in a human mouth is that of an animal that is omnivorous. Other primates such as chimpanzees are also omnivores what is the point of going against nature.

However if it is to prove a point then two weeks is not that long.
    "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke.
    "the world is a dangerous place place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who do not do anything about it" Albert Einstein

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Reca View Post
    I will challange you Bob. I gave up Alcohol, Sweets, and Soda Pop for lent. That means none of them until Easter. I challange you to No meat until Easter
    Holy crap that is a long time. When exactly is Easter? I know it's sometime around the Masters..Let me see how this first couple of days goes. I'll know by the end of tomorrow whether I can do this long term (till Easter) or if it'll be all that I can do to not cram big plump sausages in my mouth over and over again until next Friday.

Verified LEO
    You know what? Fuck it. I'm a vegetarian for 40 days. There...I said it. Besides the big ass steak I'm eating for my birthday (you gotta give me that..I only get one birthday every 4 years for crying out loud), my next meal of flesh will be on Easter.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Just a warning...if you take in protein shakes on a regular basis everyone that knows you will hate you. The farts are a hazmat situations.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO
    If your birthday comes before easter you will have to wait.

make you a deal if you do it I will let you fly me to the beach and I will buy you a beer

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Youuu keen do eeettt!!!

Bro, you could stand on your head in a #3 washtub full of llama waste for two weeks. Piece of cake!
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information