Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor

10 minute cooking?

Okay,

I think everyone has a 10 minute quick dinner that they love, please share because I would like to try some different options for on the fly dinners

2 of mine.

1. Chip Beef (aka shit on a shingle) RSA LEAVE THIS ALONE
    2. The good o' Mac and Cheese with Hot Dogs!

Oh, I almost forgot these should be Dinners you make, not get from somewhere
    Last edited by Shoestring; 02-22-08 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Had to add RSA Line

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Cook angel hair pasta with a little minced garlic or garlic powder in the water (or use chicken broth instead of water). Drain and toss with olive oil, chopped tomatoes, chopped black olives, and crumbled Feta cheese.

OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO
    I got this one from going camping with the family. 2 slices of bread butter both slices. Inside place pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni. cook it like a grilled cheese.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    simmer olive oil and canned diced tomato with some chopped garlic and onion, italian seasoning. Add crawfish tails or shrimp, mix all of this with some spaghetti. it might take just a bit more than 10 min but it wont take real long.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Reca View Post
    I got this one from going camping with the family. 2 slices of bread butter both slices. Inside place pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni. cook it like a grilled cheese.
    That sounds really good.

Verified LEO
    I got the idea from making hobo pies while camping.

Verified LEO
    here is another. I take can chicken and put it in a skillet. Season it with EVOO, pepper, basil, garlic powder, and onion salt. fry that up for a few minutes and then take it out and put it in a hard or soft shell taco. Then I top it with my favorite taco toppings. Quick meal in under 10 minutes

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Take a Boboli pizza (I use whole wheat)...sprinkle some parmesan cheese on it (the shredded kind not the powder!), arrange sliced zucchini, mushrooms and red onions....sprinkle with one of the no-salt variety garlic and herb seasonings..sprinkle with more parm cheese..bake. Healthy and tasty. For variations...you can use already made pesto sauce as a base before the cheese or some alfredo sauce. Of course then you are adding on some fat but it tastes good!

ALso...if poor and hungry...you can make your own version of egg foo yung (However you spell it!)....take some of the La Choy mixed canned chinese veggies (chop suey...I abhor veggies in a can but hey...what can I say...exception). Heat up in skillet...add beaten eggs...cook. Cut up into portions...serve with soy sauce.

Not a chef...or actually a great cook but I can do easy and fast!

And Reca...those pizza sandwiches sound GREAT!
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    here is another. I take can chicken and put it in a skillet. Season it with EVOO, pepper, basil, garlic powder, and onion salt. fry that up for a few minutes and then take it out and put it in a hard or soft shell taco. Then I top it with my favorite taco toppings. Quick meal in under 10 minutes
    Reca...EVOO.....have you been watching Rachael Ray????
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Verified LEO
    rachel ray fan i see..hmm this recipe sounds familiar
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolven View Post
    Reca...EVOO.....have you been watching Rachael Ray????

thought the same thing at the same time....now that's scary

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Nothing beats some mac and cheese with a hot dog or two. Also, I'm a fan of chicken patties heated up for one minute in the microwave. Lastly, waffles are my morning glory!
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I love Rachel Ray
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Most microwave meals take less than 10 minutes.

Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Jenna, you know those things are truely not healthy for you right?

I can not stand T.V. dinners for most part, some I can handle in a pinch.

I like real food, home cooking! (even though I eat out a lot)

Rachel Ray is different but we have a couple cook books, some tasty stuff in there.

Ohh I forgot one of my fav. quick fixes

Ranch Burgers (Foreman Grill is awesome, have had mine for 6 years and still running strong)
    -This is real easy, take a pound of beef, add one packet of ranch dip powder, mix well, make patty, throw on Foreman for 4-5min

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoestring View Post
    Jenna, you know those things are truely not healthy for you right?
    Well at least they're healthier (and faster) than McDonalds Happy Meals!

Actually I usually just eat oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, and pre-made salads, none of which take more than a minute to prepare. The microwave meals are for when I want some variety and am willing to spend a few more minutes on food preparation!

Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Are too!

Actually I usually just eat oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, and pre-made salads, none of which take less than a minute to prepare. The microwave meals are for when I want some variety and am willing to spend a few more minutes on food preparation!
    Boy Jenna, you sure do know how to live dangerously

For your yogurt, go out and get some granola to mix in with it, it really is good.

Once of my fav snacks is Cottage Cheese and Peaches. (Darn tasty)

Verified LEO
    OK here is one that is a MUST TASTE.

Get some of the frozen white chicken breast strips (fully cooked Tyson). place them on a cookie sheet. put a generous amount of DRY hidden valley ranch powder. Then put some hooters hot/mild wing sauce. Cook at 400 for about 10-15 minutes. Then put it on your favorite sandwich or hoagie bun. Top with mozzarella cheese and pop it back in the oven for another 5 minutes This sandwich sounds strange but it is out of this world.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass View Post
    rachel ray fan i see..hmm this recipe sounds familiar

Yes I am a Rachael ray fan. But no that is not one of her recipes that is a Reca original!

My wife loves cooking shows I don't mind Rachael ray or Giada De Laurentiis (everyday Italian) she is easy on the eyes.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information