Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Politics...

Illiy is offline Corporal

Politics...

Ok.. so I had this sent to me and took the time to read it... I will be the first to admit I don't know all the facts about a lot of the issues out there, but for the ones that do (and I know we have several people here that know a lot about it) is this accurate?

Interesting info that everyone needs to know before you vote ...
    Whether you are a Democrat, Republican or Independent.....
    These are the facts .....

Taxes under Clinton 1999 Taxes under Bush 2008

Single making 30K - tax $8,400 Single making 30K - tax $4,500

Single making 50K - tax $14,000 Single making 50K - tax $12,500

Single making 75K - tax $23,250 Single making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 60K - tax $16,800 Married making 60K- tax $9,000

Married making 75K - tax $21,000 Married making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 125K - tax $38,750 Married making 125K - tax $31,250

If you want to know just how effective the mainstream media is, it is amazing how many people that fall into the categories above think Bush is screwing them and Bill Clinton was the greatest President ever. If any democrat is elected, ALL of them say they will repeal the Bush tax cuts and a good portion of the people that fall into the categories above can't wait for it to happen. This is like the movie The Sting with Paul Newman; you scam somebody out of some money and they don't even know what happened.

Your Social Security

Just in case some of you young whippersnappers (& some older ones) didn't know this. It's easy to check out, if you don't believe it. Be sure and show it to your kids. They need a little history lesson on what's what and it doesn't matter whether you are Democrat of Republican. Facts are Facts!!!

Our Social Security

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA) Program. He promised:
    1.) That participation in the Program would be Completely voluntary,
    2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1,400 of their annual Incomes into the Program,
    3.) That the money the participants elected to put into the Program would be deductible from their income for tax purposes each year,
    4.) That the money the participants put into the independent "Trust Fund" rather than into the general operating fund, and therefore, would only be used to fund the Social Security Retirement Program, and no other Government program, and,
    5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income.

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now receiving a Social Security check every month -- and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of the money we paid to the Federal government to "put
    away" -- you may be interested in the following:
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the independent "Trust Fund" and put it into the general fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically controlled House and Senate.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democratic Party.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social Security annuities?

A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the "tie-breaking" deciding vote as President of the Senate, while he was Vice President of the US
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity payments to immigrants?

AND MY FAVORITE:

A: That's right!Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party.
    immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65, began to receive Social Security payments! The Democratic Party gave these payments to them, even though they never paid a dime into it!
    -------------- -------------------------- ------------------------------

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA), the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away!

And the worst part about it is uninformed citizens believe it!

If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted and maybe changes will evolve. Maybe not, some Democrats are awfully sure of what isn't so.

But it's worth a try. How many people can YOU send this to?

Actions speak louder than bumper stickers.

AND CONGRESS GIVES THEMSELVES 100% RETIREMENT FOR ONLY SERVING ONE TERM!!!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson
    FIGHT ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    When my kind come to rule this planet your name shall be put on a list, a protected list, and no harm shall come to you.

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Most of it looks pretty accurate. When Bush cut taxes I pulled the schedules from from 2000 and compared them, for the same income it saved me about $2700 per year.

Now those of you that were around in LE late 80's early 90's may remember they were trying to shore up Social Security and congress was trying to figure out how to take over our pension funds. The final result was WEP which can take up to 60% of your Social Security benefit if you have a police or fire pension even if you've got more enough in the system to qualify for the benefit, but hey, they have to have the money to give away to those who havent paid in the system.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Illy,

You seem to enjoy looking at our tax structure. I don't think you should be looking at it through partisan eyes though. (I know that is a shocker coming from me.) Scrape together $12 bucks and order this book. It will really explain our current tax structure to you. $12 is the price after shipping and what not.

http://www.amazon.com/FairTax-Answer...6436087&sr=8-4

Or you could be online for the the free webcast explaining the topics covered in the book.

http://wsbradio.com/ads/fairtax_webinar.html

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Illiy is offline Corporal
    Illy,

You seem to enjoy looking at our tax structure. I don't think you should be looking at it through partisan eyes though. (I know that is a shocker coming from me.) Scrape together $12 bucks and order this book. It will really explain our current tax structure to you. $12 is the price after shipping and what not.

http://www.amazon.com/FairTax-Answer...6436087&sr=8-4

Or you could be online for the the free webcast explaining the topics covered in the book.

http://wsbradio.com/ads/fairtax_webinar.html
    Thanks I'll check it out!
    FIGHT ON!

When my kind come to rule this planet your name shall be put on a list, a protected list, and no harm shall come to you.

213th is offline Solipsist
    There is no good democrat. Some are just not as bad as the rest.

Want more SS trivia? It used to be that your SSN was under no circumstances allowed to identify you. Used to be printed on the cards actually.
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Thread Information