Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

religious type stuff....

do you have a favorite saying/thought/verse/whatever regarding religion?

my two that stick out are (to me) very meaningful (especially the bolded parts) Hopefully they'll sneak this in my funeral between beers and shots

May angels lead you into Paradise; may the martyrs receive you at your coming and lead you to the holy city of Jerusalem. May a choir of angels receive you, and with Lazarus, who once was poor, may you have eternal rest. (used in some traditional Roman Catholic burial services)

and...

John 11:24-26

Jesus said unto her, "I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" John 11:24-26
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Psalms 144.1 and Matthew 5.9
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    John 20:24-30

But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.

The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the LORD. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.

Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Psalms 144.1 and Matthew 5.9
    Excellent choices!!

The only one I would add is:
    "No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends" John 15:13

And in case anyone is wondering what Psalms 144:1 says:
    "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalms 144.1

Matthew 5:9
    Blessed be the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    Matthew 5:9- Blessed are the peacemakers, because they will be called the sons of God

Romans 12:21- Do not be conquered by evil, but conquer evil by good

Romans 13:4 - if you do evil be afraid, for it does not bear the sword without purpose; it is the servant of God to inflict wrath on the evildoer

Psalm 23:4 - Even when I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff shall comfort me

Psalm 144:1-3 - Praise be to the LORD, my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me.

Luke 11:21- When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace

Luke 22:36 - He that hath no sword should sell his cloak and buy one

Proverbs 28:1- The wicked flee when no man pursueth, but the righteous are bold as a lion

Psalm 91:5 – You shall not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day

Psalm 97:10 - Hate evil, you who love the Lord, Who preserves the souls of His godly ones; He delivers them from the hand of the wicked

1 Timothy 1:8-9 – We know that the law is good, provided that one uses it as law, with the understanding that law is meant not for a righteous person but for the lawless and unruly, the godless and sinful, the unholy and profane…

Ephesians 6:10-18 -Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore, put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

John 15:13 - No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends

Psalm 139:16 - Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them

1 Corinthians 15:10 - But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which [was bestowed] upon me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me

Hebrews 4:12 - For the word of God is quick and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

1 Samuel 17:49 – David put his hand into the bag and took out a stone, hurled it with a sling, and struck the Philistine [Goliath] in the forehead. The stone embedded itself in his brow, and he fell prostrate to the ground.

"Stupid should hurt."

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Matthew 23:12
    12 “Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Psalm 82:3
    Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

Romans 13
    1Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
    2Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
    3For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
    4For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
    5Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
    6For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
    7Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.
    8Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
    9For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    10Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
    11And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
    12The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
    13Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. 14But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Mark 4:30-32

And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? or with what comparison shall we compare it?

It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth:

But when it is sown, it groweth up, and becometh greater than all herbs, and shooteth out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it.

Thread Information