Welcome to the APBWeb.
    kateykakes Guest

Send illegals home - pronto!

Stu Bykofsky | Send illegals home - pronto!

GOD STRIKE ME dead if I am anti-immigrant.

My four grandparents were immigrants. I love the America that gave them refuge and I wouldn't deny America's bosom to others who arrive legally.

Immigrants do bring - and always have brought - magic to America: talent, energy, ambition. Their food, their music, their fashions - all enrich us. They may be the best Americans because they are the truest believers in the American Dream. Their suitcases are stuffed with boundless hope.

Germans, Latvians, Nigerians, Irish, Italians, Polish, Mexicans, Jamaicans, Russians, and others from everywhere have made America better.

That's why I sing the song of those who arrived legally.

The politically correct, sense-neutral terms are "undocumented workers" and "immigrants," but those who didn't arrive legally are - let's not mince words - illegal aliens and criminals, by definition.

It's a bad idea to open the book on a new life in a new land by breaking its laws.

Watching the rally at Independence Mall last week I was struck by the dazzling chutzpah of illegal aliens' demands to be left alone by the government, like a teenager shrugging off a nagging mother.

They were complaining about legislation - the Border Protection, Anti-Terrorism and Illegal Immigration Control Act - that would make them felons and boot them out of the U.S.A.

But - oh! In Philadelphia, the restaurant industry is heavily dependent on bracero labor. Elsewhere in the nation, agriculture and construction leans heavily on "undocumented" workers to do the back-breaking work.

Who would do that work if we had no "uninvited guests?" we're asked.

Um, the same people who did it before they arrived: Low-income Americans.

Americans won't work for so little money, we're told.

Yes they will, because they have.

And if they won't, unleash capitalism and hike the pay until they will. If that means I may pay more for produce, or a restaurant meal, I'm OK with that.

One reason the pay scale remains low is that illegals will work for less - less than minimum wage in some cases. They underbid American workers.

While the illegals are lawbreakers, they are also victims of unscrupulous employers who pay them too little, or not at all, figuring they'll be too scared to go to the police.

Last October the Marathon Grill chain, under the scrutiny of the Department of Labor, agreed to pay nearly $21,000 in back wages to workers - half of them Mexicans - who were cheated.

Employers who break the law by hiring illegals should not just be fined, they should be jailed. They create a demand for illegals, then enjoy an advantage over competitors who play fair and pay fair.

The Pew Hispanic Center last year exploded the myth that illegals come here because they are starving at home. Researchers reported 95 percent of illegals had jobs at home. They came here for jobs that pay more (even if low-paying by U.S. standards), and pushed Americans out.

If need for money overrides law, why not forgive burglary, too?

To get the Border Protection Act passed, the government's playing up the fear of terrorism, saying it's dangerous to have millions of people we have no record of roaming around the country.

While that's true, mostly it's just so we won't look mean when we expel them, as if we don't have a right to control our borders.

We do have that right and we should, even if it means adios to illegal aliens - and hello to higher restaurant prices.

BrokenOne is offline The one and only
    Hear that LasVegasOG? its the INS train... and its calling your name.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Here Tony, Tony.....come see the nice Border Patrol man...

MisterK is offline Monkey Man
    *puts a chalupa on a stick with a string and leads him around towards the bus*
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft. -
    Theodore Roosevelt

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Cheech Guest
    Hahahah, You dicks. We only get caught by INS to get a free ride to Mexico. Usually for weddings and stuff, then we head back.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Don't get me started with the Mexican jokes again!
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Cheech Guest
    Say them. I only know a little bit.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    How did the 14-year-old Mexican girl get pregnant?

Her teacher told her to go home and do an essay.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Garda is offline Policing with nothing but a smile

social welfare

The problem with all nations and illegal immigrants or aliens is that they perform duties that many legal people wont, why? because social welfare pays close to or better than what these guys are being paid.

Thats reality but how to stop it? Well personally I have no problem with making people work to get social welfare. I know in Ireland there is no excuse for a single able bodied person to be unemployed. their just bums and leaches on society who consider themselves 'above' minimum wage jobs or McDonalds (which pays OK). Of course decent people consider any job to be better or 'above' sitting on your ass like a lowlife but until the do gooders and bleeding hearts stop wiping peoples asses its not gonna change.
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie
    Hey thanks Garda - I did think of you last night as I was lying in bed

Thread Information