Welcome to the APBWeb.
    The Lostralian is offline Fighting the battle

Just an update....

I regret to inform some of you that I'm no longer in the academy, purely because of the fact that I came down with chronic bronchitis and it almost turned to pneumonia. It caused me to fail one of the Learning Domains cause of the fact that I was in bed all week. I almost felt dead when my LT dismissed me. I was heartbroken and in tears. I have gotten 2 call backs though for the Police Officer Trainee position though until I get back into the academy in November. I don't have to buy and equipment or uniforms or any learning material since I have all of it. My uniforms and Sam Brown are brand new still so I should be good.

I'll back later this year better than ever, thanks to all of you who encouraged me. My heart is all in this, and I will be a police officer before I'm 25. It takes alot more than a minor setback to make me give up, and with something as serious is this, I will NEVER give up. There's no way in hell am I ever going back to the fire dept.
    Future Detective of The S.P.D
    Pride Integrity Gratitude

iso607 is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    Sorry to hear about the set back, sounds like you have a good attitude about it though, good luck.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I'm sorry to hear that, Lostralian. You do have the right attitude, though, and I hope your return to the academy goes smoothly.

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that, Lostralian. You do have the right attitude, though, and I hope your return to the academy goes smoothly.
    well put.
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    {{{Lostralian}}}} Take advantage of this time to study up on the learning domains and get into even better shape than you already are. Will be smooth sailing for you in Nov. Take care! We will all be here to hear of your graduation
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Better to take care of yourself first and be determined later. Take that from experience.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lostralian View Post
    I regret to inform some of you that I'm no longer in the academy, purely because of the fact that I came down with chronic bronchitis and it almost turned to pneumonia. It caused me to fail one of the Learning Domains cause of the fact that I was in bed all week. I almost felt dead when my LT dismissed me. I was heartbroken and in tears. I have gotten 2 call backs though for the Police Officer Trainee position though until I get back into the academy in November. I don't have to buy and equipment or uniforms or any learning material since I have all of it. My uniforms and Sam Brown are brand new still so I should be good.

I'll back later this year better than ever, thanks to all of you who encouraged me. My heart is all in this, and I will be a police officer before I'm 25. It takes alot more than a minor setback to make me give up, and with something as serious is this, I will NEVER give up. There's no way in hell am I ever going back to the fire dept.
    Hang in there.. sounds like you have a positive future with a new date just think.... you will have the one up on everyone else in the class... though that could be a bad thing LOL
    hey.. I wasnt a cop until i was in my 30's so being one before 25 is one up on me
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Well it seems that 2008 has sucked for more people than just me. I could write a book on what has happened in my life this year and its only March. Nevertheless, its a positive attitude that gets us through these setbacks, and if I might add, a strong faith in God or what ever higher being you choose to believe in. Its also gives us time to reflect and decide if this is what we really want in life. It seems that you have that part taken care of. Not sure how religious you are but I seem to remember HIS words, "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it!" Never, ever give up. You are in charge of your destiny and it is up to you to see it through to the end. If you want this as strongly as you say you do, then you should get it. If God be for us, who will be against us. Romans 8:31

Hang in there, this is only a set back. You can do this, I can feel it.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    {{{hugs}}}

Sorry to hear of the set back. We've had a nasty crud going around here, and people have been out left and right.

Get better soon.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by gozling View Post
    hey.. I wasnt a cop until i was in my 30's so being one before 25 is one up on me
    Me too Goz!

You'll get there...you just took a little detour along the way.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    This is just a set-back. When you go back in you'll be better than ever and kick some ass. Your determination shows and it will make you a better Officer in the end!
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO
    I like your attitude! You will find out that you will be a better officer when you graduate due to your WANT factor. Good luck and take care.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Sorry about the setback. Keep trying! Good luck!

213th is offline Solipsist
    I know this must be disappointing. Press on and I'm sure you'll have no problem next time around. Best of luck to you
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

The Lostralian is offline Fighting the battle
    Thank you all. You guys are the best. It took me a week to get out of my room after that happened but just like most of you said, it's only a set back. So what if I'm not going to have a career in 4 months? I'll just have to grab at it before I turn 25. I'll be the first one in my family to have an actual career. My background investigations already started for the trainee position so I hope I get it until I go back. My friends from the academy are helping learn the new stuff that they're learning right now so this way I can go back as a de-tac hero.lol.

Also I have to have a positive attitude if I want to make it out there. Most people just go binge drinking and take up other worst habits, I tend to fight off anger and stress by working out, because at the end it just makes me feel better. Thank you all again
    Future Detective of The S.P.D
    Pride Integrity Gratitude

jrae Guest
    I'm very sorry to hear about the set back. I know how that feels. Just hang in there. You will be a stronger person just because of all this. We are more that willing to support you here! Keep your head up and get ready to get back in there and make us all proud!

kjlaw is online now Swamp Mafia Proud!!!
    Verified LEO
    Sorry to hear about that hang in there and you will reach your goals.
    Lead from the front and always remember those who came first.

Capt. Ocativo "OX" Gonzalez
    EOW 6/16/06

Always remember that a casket is hotter than your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Soon the whole world will be in the hands of the Swamp Mafia.

Thread Information