Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Cell Phones

chris2001 is offline Captain

Cell Phones

Does anyone know of a website that you can just buy the cell phone for a certain carrier without having to sign up for a plan. I know that www.letstalk.com use to allow you to just purchase the phone that you wanted at a lower price than you could get from that carrier. But they no longer allow that you now have to sign up for a contract to buy a phone from them.

So basically what I am wanting it to just buy the cell phone not a service plan.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I've had good luck going through the manufacturer. Most will have some set for the carrier and some with the carrier not set. You won't get any nifty deals on it though.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Not really what I am looking for but thanks Duck.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    eBay is usually a good choice for an unlocked phone.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

deputy29 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    eBay is usually a good choice for an unlocked phone.
    That's what I would recommend also. I go there to get extra batteries and anything else I need for my phone. Never had a problem yet (knocking on wood).

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I had a phone crap out on me but still had like a year before I could upgrade through my carrier. I went to Ebay and bought a refurbished phone. When I got it in the mail I called my carrier and switched the ESN on my account to the new phone. I think they charged me $10.

The point is you could buy a phone on Ebay that's refurbished very cheap and you don't need a contract to get it. This is a good idea for 911 access in an emergency (no plan is needed for emergency calls, federal law requires the companies to let your call through.)
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Cross240 is offline Temporarily Civilianized
    Craigslist is also a good place to check. Go to google.com and type in used cell phones.... you'll get a combination of both used and new.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Verizon has a pay-as-you-go phone available at retail stores.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Thread Information