Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

My latest acquisition...

Bought my first ball back in '98, when I was really skinny and weak. Only a 12 pounder. Since I've been bowling a few times a month lately, I figured it was time for an upgrade.

The 12 pounder is nice in a lot of ways, and it'll make a GREAT spare ball. But for a primary ball, it sucks. If I throw it fast, I get no hook and leave pins standing. If I throw it slow, I get okay hook, but can literally watch it bounce off pins instead of busting thru them.

Got decked out with this puppy tonight, and I'll be picking it up tomorrow. 15 pounds (I was intent on a 16, but the guy talked me into the 15, saying that with today's "technology and materials," the extra pound makes no difference at the end of the lane, but may give me must better control and speed on the throwing end. Or something like that.

I took him at face value since this is the pro shop that hooked me up with my first one (I bowled a 199 with it last Saturday, not half bad).

So tomorrow I'm picking my new one up and trying it out at Bowl One (for any Detroit area LEFers) around 6:00 tomorrow I'll be the gumpy white bread mofo cursing the new ball after a few frames

--

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    so are you trying to tell us in a weird round about way that you have big blue balls?

I enjoy going and bowling here on base once a month or so... but i always break a nail
    good luck with the new ball....
    i guess thats how i should put it? lol
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by gozling View Post
    so are you trying to tell us in a weird round about way that you have big blue balls?

I enjoy going and bowling here on base once a month or so... but i always break a nail
    good luck with the new ball....
    i guess thats how i should put it? lol
    I have one big light blue ball, and I'll have one big dark blue ball tomorrow

I'm fairly excited...I've rediscovered something that can

a) be a hobby and a sport, giving me something to do on those off days when you're bored as hell but dunno what the hell to do.

b) rediscovered something that you can do completely alone on a whim...OR something that you can do with a bunch of friends and too much beer

c) something where you are your own best competition...or worst enemy.

I'm very excited after writing that post
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I have one big light blue ball, and I'll have one big dark blue ball tomorrow

I'm fairly excited...I've rediscovered something that can

a) be a hobby and a sport, giving me something to do on those off days when you're bored as hell but dunno what the hell to do.

b) rediscovered something that you can do completely alone on a whim...OR something that you can do with a bunch of friends and too much beer

c) something where you are your own best competition...or worst enemy.

I'm very excited after writing that post
    i can tell you are very excited.. you poked my friggin eye out from all the way over there
    no seriously...
    that is really cool that you have found something to do in your spare time that you truely truely enjoy!!!!

you have to post some photos of you bowling with ALL the pins down at the end
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by gozling View Post
    i can tell you are very excited.. you poked my friggin eye out from all the way over there
    no seriously...
    that is really cool that you have found something to do in your spare time that you truely truely enjoy!!!!

you have to post some photos of you bowling with ALL the pins down at the end
    haha...

"poked eye out," and "spare" time

I don't post many pics of myself because I'm very shy
    --

Ender

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I realize this is no major feat for our regular bowlers here, but...I bowled a 210 tonight!

First time in YEARS I've broken 200! High game is a 223 I think, and that was like 8 or 10 years ago.

Since I got the new ball, my low scores have gone from the 120's ish to the 150's....and this is the second time I got out with the new ball! 8 Strikes in a game ain't too bad. If they were all strung together I'd be really happy

It is amazing how having a ball with a little more hook and 30% more weight behind it will make a difference.

Giddy up Ender!
    --

Ender

Thread Information