Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

So you want a gun ban?

Dear Mr or Mrs Liberal Legislator, Governor, Mayor or who the hell ever, in D.C. or anywhere similar,
    So you want my "firearms". Why do you want my "firearms"?
    Why? Iíll tell you why. Itís easier to overtake a people when they are unarmed. You try and say that the county will be better off without "firearms". Criminals canít get weapons if there are no weapons. Crime rates will drop and we will be safer. I say arm as many responsible citizens as you can. You label certain weapons as assault weapons because they are favored street level weapons and cheap to obtain. The true reason is you want my weapons so I cannot defend myself.
    Here are a few facts for you, just in case you are too stupid to look them up for yourselves or are simply ignoring them.
    Definition. Assault-physical or verbal attack: a violent physical or verbal attack
    Encarta ģ World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    Definition. Weapon-device designed to injure or kill: a device designed to inflict injury or death on an opponent
    Encarta ģ World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    Definition. Assault weapon-war weapon: a weapon designed for use in warfare, especially when used in non-combat situations such as terrorism
    Definition. Warfare-waging of war: the act or fact of engaging in a war
    Definition. War-armed fighting between groups: an armed conflict between countries or groups that involves killing and destruction
    HmmmÖso letís see would that make this an Assault weapon?

Or maybe these?

So should the above also be banned or is it just this?

I'll tell you what. In effort for me to not continually degrade you for your lack of commonsense try doing something useful with your time besides trying to attain entry to your page's pants. Try enacting some laws that are worth a shit. How about passing a law that says in order to own a "firearm" you must be smarter than your shoe. It's simple really. If you come home to find your home burglarized and your gazillion loaded "firearms" that were on your coffee table or in your nightstand gone, you can't have any more "firearms" because you're an idiot. If you are so much an idiot that you leave your "firearm" and your 1 month old child in your vehicle when you step out to the store, come back and find your kid screaming and your "firearm" gone, you can't have anymore. Of either! If you have numerous "firearms" "stolen" but you don't seem to know from where since you haven't seen them in 6 months then you're an idiot and you can't have anymore. If you fit the above or similar criteria you are a careless "firearm" owner and should be treated as such. Including public caning.
    In short if you intend to ban "firearms" for everybody, including legal, law abiding, responsible citizens, just who in the hell do you think is going to protect your dumb ass here at home since you are hell bent in sending our brave troops elsewhere to police the rest of the damn world? Who is going to fight the "terrorist's" here at home? As it all goes to shit here it will be law enforcement supplemented by the armed citizenry of this great country. Not all sheep are lambs. Some are Rams with a lot of testoserone and Ewes with serious PMS issues.
    In closing I would like to request that you and your fellow law makers or takers assist each other in finding your asses. I simply cannot fathom you being able to do that alone with both hands and a map. Fuck you and be well.
    P.S. Please find an enclosed map.
    jmo
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    lol ewes with serious pms issues...
    oh darn this was good
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

213th is offline Solipsist
    +34508234658634542

They can have my guns one bullet at a time
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

bayern is online now Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    If you have numerous "firearms" "stolen" but you don't seem to know from where since you haven't seen them in 6 months then you're an idiot and you can't have anymore. If you fit the above or similar criteria you are a careless "firearm" owner and should be treated as such.

Interesting - lot of stuff run togeather but feeble eyes prevailed. I got 6 hand guns (not counting my issue weapons); I know where everyone is, my wife had no idea, except that they are in the house someplace. She doesn't like guns, so where they are are none of her business. My son (who lives away) does. Now, I can get to any gun in my house in less then 30 seconds. I think the Supreme Court is going to uphold our rights - so screw the mayor, or who ever. BTW, my State is VERY firearms friendly.

PCSD722 is offline Rookie
    I hava various firearms in my residence, soon to be more *which causes eye rolling from my wife" My rifles are locked in the gun-cabinet, my personal handgun is in a place where I can get to it in a hurry if I need it and also where she can get to it if the time ever comes that she needs it and I am not home. Each night when I come home my duty weapon is taken from the holster and put in a place that is high enough and out of reach enough that my little girl cant get to it, but it is near enough that I can get to it in seconds. In my home I am not the only person who owns a firearm, my 8 year old daughter owns a 410/22 rifle, we spent many hours with this firearm, with her just holding it, cleaning it, learning how to site and learning safety safety safety before she was ever allowed to fire it, and prior to that she learned safety and proficiency with her red ryder bb gun. Her little gun is locked in my gun cabinet with the ammunition for it hidden away.

Two nights ago, not far my house, a man got all drugged up and shot up a house which lead to him coming close to being shot up a state trooper.

My question to those who want to take guns....who should be allowed to have a firearm, my little girl and me or the drugged up idiot down the road? See how easy common sense is?
    Stay safe, let's all go home.

CT209 is offline Once..... Forever
    Verified LEO
    My two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post

So you want my "firearms". Why do you want my "firearms"?
    Why? Iíll tell you why. Itís easier to overtake a people when they are unarmed. You try and say that the county will be better off without "firearms". Criminals canít get weapons if there are no weapons. Crime rates will drop and we will be safer. I say arm as many responsible citizens as you can.
    +++1 An armed citizenry is the best defense against crime...and against those who would govern us inappropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by lewispso View Post
    Try enacting some laws that are worth a shit.
    I think we have enough laws concerning guns already. We need to enforce them!

Quote Originally Posted by lewispso View Post

If you come home to find your home burglarized and your gazillion loaded "firearms" that were on your coffee table or in your nightstand gone, you can't have any more "firearms" because you're an idiot.
    Including public caning.
    Sorry, but I think if I have a gun in my locked home, I have done what is necessary to secure it. If some dirtbag breaks into my locked home and steals my gun, the crime was committed by said dirtbag. He is the one to blame and he is the one who should be punished. I am not a fan of laws that punish the victim. The public caning would be proper... for the dirtbag.
    "When a crime is committed, liberals blame society. Conservatives blame the criminal." -Debra Saunders

Old Scottish Motto- "nemo me impune laccessit". It still holds true today.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Unless the dirtbag has brought a firearm with him, I'll be the only armed person in my house when I come home and find him. I refuse to allow someone to become armed with one of my weapons.Easily eccessible weapons in my home without me there to use them are nothing more than a weapon waiting to be used against me or my family.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Can't rep you this time, I gotta spread it around it says.

Someone hit him for me.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I once chased a perpertrator where he dropped a stolen firearm that I took the report on. That weapon was stolen from the "victims" nightstand. It was stolen by a juvenile the "victim" was screwing.
    I have had shots fired in the direction of myself and several patrons of a nightclub with a stolen weapon. I couldn't prove the person I caught was the one shooting it but it was also a firearm I took the report on as being stolen. The "victim" habitually left the firearm casually lying on the bed side table loaded and unsecured. It was stolen during a burglary when the owner was not home. The perpertrator didn't even have to look for it.
    That was at least twice I could have been shot or was shot at by a stolen weapon that I took the report for. My family could have been without a husband, father and provider because an irresponsible firearm owner was to careless to simply secure their weapon or keep it with them. What good was that weapon doing the owner, loaded on his night stand and he not there?
    I have taken numerous reports from a man who claimed his firearm was stolen from him each time. During one of these reports and after he reported to me the gun gone again he suddenly remembered to mention that his 5 year old was missing also. When I asked him to elaborate he simply stated he didn't remember where he had left him. And this is a gun owner. Legally owning a firearm which had to be returned to him each time it was recovered. Wow. I took the kid when I located him and turned him over to OCS but he was returned too.
    I have many of these stories of gun owners but the last one I'll mention here is one not to long ago reported missing. When asked to elaborate the owner stated he simply did not know where the weapon was. I asked when the last time he saw it was and he stated...

"Oh about 6 months ago on the floorboard of my truck."

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post

Someone hit him for me.
    Thank you anyway. I don't mean to offend but gun bans really piss me off. I try hard to check myself in getting emotionally entrenched in things I don't have a lot of control over but several things get me going. Gun bans and irresponsible gun ownership or two high ones.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post

Someone hit him for me.
    Done.

"When a crime is committed, liberals blame society. Conservatives blame the criminal." -Debra Saunders

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    \Thank you anyway. I don't mean to offend but gun bans really piss me off. I try hard to check myself in getting emotionally entrenched in things I don't have a lot of control over but several things get me going. Gun bans and irresponsible gun ownership or two high ones.
    There shouldn't be anyone who takes any offense to your posts.... except maybe a member of the Brady bunch. Funny, we don't get many of them around here.

Based on your follow-up posts about the guns used to shoot at you, I can definitely see why the stolen gun issue is a hot one.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    "Oh about 6 months ago on the floorboard of my truck."

Huh...must be a southern idiot thing to do...they do it here all the time. I cannot tell you how many times we have reports of stolen guns that were stolen from unlocked trucks. Loaded and everything. Nice.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Thread Information