Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: The purpose of fighting
03-21-08, 09:32 AM #1
The purpose of fighting
John Steinbeck(1902-1968) United States novelist and short-story writer, author of "The Grapes of Wrath," winner of the 1962 Nobel Prize for Literature
The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible
victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.
As John Steinbeck once said:
1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
3. I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.
4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas
Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."
6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.
7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner
when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?" "No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle."
8. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!
But wait, there's more!
I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. I said I did. She said "Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!" To which I said, of course it is loaded, can't work without bullets!" She then asked, "Are you that afraid of some one evil coming into your house?" My reply was, "No not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers
around, and they are all loaded too." To which I'll add, having a
gun in the house that isn't loaded is like having a car in the garage without gas in the tank.
03-21-08, 09:38 AM #2
03-22-08, 02:21 PM #3
Variation on #2: If you find yourself in a fair fight, you weren't prepared.Remember: if their lips are moving ... they're lying
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)