Welcome to the APBWeb.

View Poll Results: Should automatic weapons restrictions be changed?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • They are sufficient as they are.

10 38.46%
  • They are too restrictive.

12 46.15%
  • The rules need to be more restrictive.

1 3.85%
  • Individuals shouldn't be allowed to posess fully automatic weapons at all.

3 11.54%
    213th is offline Solipsist

Should automatic weapons restrictions be changed?

Are the restrictions on fully automatic weapons too restrictive, sufficient, or not enough?

A. Yes, they are sufficient
    B. Too restrictive
    C. Need to be more restricted
    D. Individuals shouldn't be allowed to posess fully automatic weapons
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I made it a poll for you - but you should outline for people what the current restrictions are so they can vote informed.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Agreed.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

http://www.impactguns.com/store/mach...egalities.html

Machine Guns-- Legalities of Ownership
    It is a common misconception that machine guns cannot be owned by law-abiding citizens. This comes from the creation of a variety of confusing laws that have made purchasing a full-auto gun more difficult than purchasing a "normal" gun. But, you can comply with the law and own a machine gun.

First a little history: In May of 1986, certain laws went into effect that made it illegal for 'civilians' to own fully automatic firearms that were manufactured AFTER THAT DATE. Most fully automatic weapons manufactured and registered BEFORE MAY, 1986, MAY BE OWNED BY AND SOLD TO INDIVIDUALS. The full-auto guns that may be owned by individuals are called 'transferable'. Some states DO NOT allow machine gun ownership at all, no matter when the gun was made, but most states do.

To purchase a transferable machine gun, you must meet certain requirements (generally the same as when you purchase another gun), fill out special paperwork (called a 'form 4'), and pay a $200, one-time, transfer tax. Every time a machine gun is transferred, the $200 tax must be paid-- usually by the purchaser. The steps to take to purchase a transferable machine gun are:
    1. Find a dealer locally who can assist you in all phases of the transfer. This should go beyond helping you fill out the paperwork: they should help you locate the gun if it isn't in stock and allow you to shoot the gun while your paperwork is being processed by the BATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms). It will usually take 4-6 weeks for the dealer to get the gun from another dealer if they don't already have it in stock (due to BATF paperwork delays).
    2. Get your fingerprints (either by a police dept. or by a qualified fingerprinter, two imprints are needed) and two passport sized pictures taken. These will be used to perform a comprehensive criminal background check on you.
    3. Have your local dealer help you fill out an "Application for Tax Paid Transfer And Registration Of Firearm" for, known as a "form 4".
    4. You must have the signature of the Chief Law Enforcement (CLEO) officer that has jurisdiction over the municipality in which you live on the form 4. This could be the City Chief or the County Sheriff, for example. This is usually not a problem-- in machine gun friendly states. The form 4, CLEO signature, 2 fingerprint cards, 2 pictures, and a $200 check (your one-time transfer tax) must all be mailed to the BATF and an approved tax stamp returned before you may take possession of the gun. This may take anywhere from 2 to 5 months.
    Although it may seem complicated, we are happy to help you through every step in the process. We have transferable guns in stock, and if we don't have it, we can tap into a network of dealers in other states to find it for you. Let us help you get the full-auto gun that you've always wanted-- they are worth it!

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I voted that they are too restrictive.

Main reason for me? Criminals DON'T CARE what is legal and what isn't.

Secondary? Seriously, unless you practice a lot (which most criminals don't), full auto is just a way to empty your gun faster, with most of the rounds going off target. There's a reason that the M-16 went from full auto to 3 round burst.

just imo
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Too restrictive.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

I think they are to restrictive as well. As ender said, the criminals don't care. However, I disagree with one point with him. Having to practice alot. An M-249 or M-240B is not that hard to control, atleast if you are using the bipod. (I've never fired either from the standing position except with blanks).

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    We used the M249 for room clearing in Mogadishu, it worked well.
    As for the poll, I think they are fine as is. It wont stop the turds from doing it anyway, so making the rules harder would be pointless. It probably doesn't matter anyway, what sensible civilian use for full auto is there anyway? It sure isn't for hunting or defendaing your house. The only good thing is the fun factor shooting full auto at a range.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ex401mp View Post
    We used the M249 for room clearing in Mogadishu, it worked well.
    As for the poll, I think they are fine as is. It wont stop the turds from doing it anyway, so making the rules harder would be pointless. It probably doesn't matter anyway, what sensible civilian use for full auto is there anyway? It sure isn't for hunting or defendaing your house. The only good thing is the fun factor shooting full auto at a range.
    The second amendment doesn't doesn't qualify bearing arms for hunting or self defense. If someone wants to spend the money to rock and roll with full auto at the range why are we inhibiting it? You said yourself the criminals will do whatever they want so why are we so worried about over regulating these weapons for law abiding citizens?
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Thread Information